ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Do pro athletes have a responsibility to sign for their fans? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=189980)

Radar Chief 08-28-2008 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBo (Post 4952820)
While I don't approve of what he did if there was anyone who deserved a little sumpthin' it's Joe. It just goes to show that you shouldn't put these players up on a pedestal when they could give a rat's ass about you. Being a hardcore fan just means getting shit on for the most part.

That bolded sentence is so true.
I cringe lightly inside when as Chiefs fans we talk about the Chiefs as if we had anything to do with their game. Talking about “we” did this or “we” did that. I always think to myself, “no, a bunch of guys that probably wouldn’t like you if they knew you did it.”

BigRedChief 08-28-2008 08:46 AM

Sure I have had my favorite players and took a personal interest in their lives away from the football field but...........

I cheer for the jersey not the current player(s) in the jersey. I'm a fan of the KC Chiefs. If your on my team cool, if not F*k off.

Demonpenz 08-28-2008 08:53 AM

They are humans and a man just like we are. He can catch a football big whoop.

Nzoner 08-28-2008 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 4952670)
Pathetic. You are a grown man. Act like one.

I always thought my mrs had an account here

Nzoner 08-28-2008 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster Hymen (Post 4952657)
Being a n00b but a long time lurker, I know you're a pretty cool dude, and a great Chiefs fan. Having said that, this is the kind of behavior I absolutely hate, and why I'd never sign anything if I were in his place.

What kind of behavior exactly?I asked nicely,couldn't he have at least acknowledged my presence and said something like,"I'm real sorry but I got a ride to catch."

If anyone's behavior should be questioned it's the athlete,I mean just acknowledge the fact that you've been spoken to.

penguinz 08-28-2008 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 4952885)
What kind of behavior exactly?I asked nicely,couldn't he have at least acknowledged my presence and said something like,"I'm real sorry but I got a ride to catch."

If anyone's behavior should be questioned it's the athlete,I mean just acknowledge the fact that you've been spoken to.

Once he showed no interest in signing you look like just as much an ass to keep following and asking.

Demonpenz 08-28-2008 09:06 AM

:nzoner: MR MR... Would you like a margarita?
:Tony ahhhhh thanks kid....... Rubs nzoners head
Tony leaves with hot bitches

:tony hey kid.. here you go!

*plops jockstrap on head*

Nzoner 08-28-2008 09:09 AM

I'll give you another quick story from that same HOF weekend,when I wasn't asking for an autograph nor would I have tried.Al Saunders comes bolting out of a door onto the concourse at halftime of the game to get a pop and me being the outgoing personality I am I shout ,"Hey Al!"

Saunders stops,turns and comes over to me,in a full concourse and says,"hey how ya doin" and offers his hand.Of course I shake it and in doing so I say,"Just wanted to say good luck this year."He in turn says,"thanks and thanks so much for coming to see us."

Rain Man 08-28-2008 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 4952841)
That bolded sentence is so true.
I cringe lightly inside when as Chiefs fans we talk about the Chiefs as if we had anything to do with their game. Talking about “we” did this or “we” did that. I always think to myself, “no, a bunch of guys that probably wouldn’t like you if they knew you did it.”

Yeah, once I got ten years older than the rookies, I pretty much decided that I don't want to know anything about the players other than their performance on the field. I've got way too much ego to idolize a person ten years younger than me (well, other than Ultra Peanut, but that's a one-time exception).

Rain Man 08-28-2008 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 4952878)
They are humans and a man just like we are. He can catch a football big whoop.

You're totally undervaluing his blocking ability.

Tiger's Fan 08-28-2008 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 4952885)

I agree that he should have at least acknowledged you. It's just got to get old for him. I know I'm in the minority on this, but thats just the way I feel. I have a kid shooting a pilot right now, and I worry about him in this respect also.

Nzoner 08-28-2008 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 4952893)
Once he showed no interest in signing you look like just as much an ass to keep following and asking.

Whatever dude you have your opinion,like I said earlier my gameroom is an NFL/Chiefs museum and every collectible I own has a story behind it.I'm not saying I should get special treatment because of the money I've invested in this team but damn well know if you don't have at least the respect to acknowledge you've been spoken to,I can be just as much of an ass as you are being.

Nzoner 08-28-2008 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster Hymen (Post 4952914)
I agree that he should have at least acknowledged you. It's just got to get old for him. I know I'm in the minority on this, but thats just the way I feel. I have a kid shooting a pilot right now, and I worry about him in this respect also.

Hey man I respect your opinion and know this,my gameroom is not full of autographs,I'm not a hound if you will nor do I idolize these guys,however ,there are certain moments(HOF weekend,camp,Red Friday)when I will try and get an autograph or two to capture the memory a little more.

Radar Chief 08-28-2008 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster Hymen (Post 4952914)

I understand.
It’s been probably 12-13 years ago but a friend and I went to watch some kick boxing in Tulsa when Tommy Morrison showed up at ringside. No more had he warmed his seat than a crowd of autograph hounds formed a line and without asking just expected him to sign whatever they stuffed in his face.
I felt sorry for him, can’t even just relax and enjoy sporting event, so I didn’t join the line.
To his credit, he politely signed everything handed to him until the event ended and he left.
But this is a different circumstance than Mr. Nzoner described. I don’t think he’s out of line for asking.

Demonpenz 08-28-2008 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 4952926)
I understand.
It’s been probably 12-13 years ago but a friend and I went to watch some kick boxing in Tulsa when Tommy Morrison showed up at ringside. No more had he warmed his seat than a crowd of autograph hounds formed a line and without asking just expected him to sign whatever they stuffed in his face.
I felt sorry for him, can’t even just relax and enjoy sporting event, so I didn’t join the line.
To his credit, he politely signed everything handed to him until the event ended and he left.
But this is a different circumstance than Mr. Nzoner described. I don’t think he’s out of line for asking.

He was a good sport. Made sure every fan got aids no matter what the age