ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***OFFICIAL*** High School Football Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=190023)

BigRedChief 08-28-2008 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 4953780)
And Missouri now has a BS rule that two teams from each district makes the playoffs. I know its mainly for the super districts that have alot of teams but its going to dilute the playoffs in lot of ways. I guess it gives more kids a chance to experience state playoff football which is awesome if you never have gotten to play in them. That would be the only positive IMO.

After talking with some of the Dad's club members they explained the rule change was because of upsets in the districts. Some team goes 10-0 has a bad night and then loses to a 4-6 team and they don't even make the playoffs. The team that beat them goes to the playoffs and gets smoked giving the other team an unfair advantage. I was told it was a wild card not the top two teams? But I'm new to these HS rules so I'm only repeating what I was told.

BigRedChief 08-29-2008 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 4953274)
Our staff will be covering the BS/LSW game Friday night. Zach is our photog and Mr. Cayhill and myself will be between the sidelines/press box to cover the action. Should be a lot of fun.

Maybe I'll see you guys out there tonight?

|Zach| 08-29-2008 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 4956998)
Maybe I'll see you guys out there tonight?

I will look for you.

Looking forward to shooting tonight. Haven't done sports in a while especially football.

Sully 08-29-2008 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 4953228)
Lee's Summit parents, officials and boosters were tired of getting their butts kicked by the Blue Springs teams and wanted to play with the big boys so when the new school opened up they decided to do something different. Private fundraisers and a charitable board to raise money for the football program.

They have some really rich people that live in the district and wanted a first class football program to go with the districts highly rated academics. LSW football has state of the art training facilities. Their weight room is a massive as any clubs. They have 13 that’s right 13 paid football coaches on staff. 2 professional and certified trainers on staff and at every practrice. 3 football fields with goal posts to practice on. State of the art practice sleds, shoulder pads, helmets etc..

They will travel to away games on charted greyhound buses. The players all have matching equipment bags etc. LSW will eventually have facilities just like Rockhurst and Blue Springs . All paid for with private money.

The charity had an auction fundraiser a couple of weeks ago. They raised $27,000 in one night for the football program. My wife even won a ½ carat diamond in a raffle.

I look forward to seeing how LSW does this year. I think they really lucked out the past few years with the districts and class they have been in, but I also know Coach Boehm is a pretty damn good coach.

Some of that article is not a big deal, though. I coach at another metro school, and we have 13 paid coaches, all the kids have matching travel bags, travel outfits, etc... and we don't have nearly the fundraising base that LSW does. So I'd just guess that most of that money goes into uniforms, facilities, and the greyhound busses.

Sully 08-29-2008 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 4953259)
Belton is sooo going to kick your ass! :p

I played high school ball with Belton's new head coach.

BigRedChief 08-29-2008 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 4957075)
I look forward to seeing how LSW does this year. I think they really lucked out the past few years with the districts and class they have been in, but I also know Coach Boehm is a pretty damn good coach.

Some of that article is not a big deal, though. I coach at another metro school, and we have 13 paid coaches, all the kids have matching travel bags, travel outfits, etc... and we don't have nearly the fundraising base that LSW does. So I'd just guess that most of that money goes into uniforms, facilities, and the greyhound busses.

I wouldn't consider it lucked out. The MHSSA deciedes your schedule and division you play in. You have no input.

I'm new to this level of high school football. I think we had like 5 coaches on my high school team. No bags and most equipment was very used.

Sully 08-29-2008 09:35 AM

Blue Springs' running back is going to be the real effing deal. I saw him play freshman ball last year, and he didn't even belong on the same field as the rest of the players. I think he's going to be ridiculously good.

Sully 08-29-2008 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 4957084)
I wouldn't consider it lucked out. The MHSSA deciedes your schedule and division you play in. You have no input.

Hence...luck.

I think LSW is going to be really good. They seem to have built the program correctly. They've had some former NFL players over there helping coach since they opened, right?

Anyhow, I'm also looking forward to seeing if Ray Pec can be as good now theat they are moving into BS and BSS's conference, too. That's a tough one to move into. But, also, some really great coaches and players, there.

BigRedChief 08-29-2008 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 4957087)
Blue Springs' running back is going to be the real effing deal. I saw him play freshman ball last year, and he didn't even belong on the same field as the rest of the players. I think he's going to be ridiculously good.

I saw a freshmen RB at LSW scrimmage in Excelsior springs that reminded me of Tony Temple. Kind of on the small side but very quick and fast.

BigRedChief 08-29-2008 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 4957099)
Hence...luck.

I think LSW is going to be really good. They seem to have built the program correctly. They've had some former NFL players over there helping coach since they opened, right?

Anyhow, I'm also looking forward to seeing if Ray Pec can be as good now theat they are moving into BS and BSS's conference, too. That's a tough one to move into. But, also, some really great coaches and players, there.

Tracy Seimen was there for 3 years. Another Chief player was there but I forget his name.

BigRedChief 08-29-2008 09:43 AM

One thing that was different when I played was the "Pack the WAC" event. WAC= athletic lockers and coaches office by the football field)

The parents decorate the players lockers before their first game at all age groups. Print up posters with pics of them as youngsters, put candy and treats in the lockers etc.

Sully 08-29-2008 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 4957102)
I saw a freshmen RB at LSW scrimmage in Excelsior springs that reminded me of Tony Temple. Kind of on the small side but very quick and fast.

This kid had size, speed, and ridiculous wiggle.
I'm telling you it seemed like the whole field was in super slow mo, while he was running. He'd stop and retrack on a dime, and it didn't even look like he was trying.

BigRedChief 08-29-2008 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 4957122)
This kid had size, speed, and ridiculous wiggle.
I'm telling you it seemed like the whole field was in super slow mo, while he was running. He'd stop and retrack on a dime, and it didn't even look like he was trying.

Its going to be fun watching him tonight.:clap:

Sully 08-29-2008 09:48 AM

Fort Osage should be interesting this year, too. They've got Krysa coming back, trying for a 3rd straight 2000 yard season, and they are in a new district, which on paper would seem an easier district for them (I think it's going to be a lot tougher on the field than it looks on paper). I'd pick them to make the playoffs, but wouldn't be surprised if they were the 3rd team in the district, either.

Sully 08-29-2008 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 4957128)
Its going to be fun watching him tonight.:clap:

Yeah, you'll have to tell me if he looks as good at the varsity level.