ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Marty for new GM (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=191637)

DeezNutz 09-14-2008 10:29 PM

Or Tom Coughlin. Wait...check that...

ClevelandBronco 09-14-2008 10:32 PM

I'm a big Marty fan. The guy has experienced every bad break possible in every big game he's had, and he still considers himself and his teams to be winners. I admire that attitude.

That said, I'm afraid that the window has closed on Mr. Schottenheimer.

He deserved better than he ever got.

triple 09-14-2008 10:32 PM

He did ok in San Diego.

But I think we're all a little punchdrunk here because anything's better than the Yugo of a front office we have now

Skip Towne 09-14-2008 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 5020417)
its just too bad that people in KC ran marty off. People should really appreciate him now and what he did during the 90s

Totally agree except the people in KC didn't run Marty off. Carl Peterson did. Marty is still the most popular coach the Chiefs have ever had according to a Star poll a couple of years go. Peterson thought he was the reason for our success in the 90's. He found out otherwise when Marty left.

Skip Towne 09-14-2008 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 5020444)
I'm a big Marty fan. The guy has experienced every bad break possible in every big game he's had, and he still considers himself and his teams to be winners. I admire that attitude.

Yo might be right. He is 65 years old and may not want to coach any longer. What do you mean he considers himself and his teams winners? He is among the top 10 winningest coaches ever.

Friendo 09-14-2008 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 5020444)

Marty's in a rocking chair overlooking Lake Lure, digging on the grandkids. He's got the last laugh.

Skip Towne 09-14-2008 10:39 PM

What is Marty doing now? On the post game show they said he predicted the Raiders would beat us today.

Skip Towne 09-14-2008 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5020424)
No there isn't. There's always something wrong with a retread, which is why they are retreads. New coaches are unknown commodities to an extent, but if they've shown a decent track record of fielding good units and developing players (Mike Tomlin), they have a hell of a lot more upside than bringing in Dom *****ing Capers or Norv Turner.

Except a lot of those unit coaches don't have what it takes to be a head coach. I agree with retread losers like Turner and Capers. Mary is among the top 10 winners ever. Totally different story. Marty can take our present collection of shit and win next year. Check his first year with the Chiefs.

ClevelandBronco 09-14-2008 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 5020453)
Yo might be right. He is 65 years old and may not want to coach any longer. What do you mean he considers himself and his teams winners? He is among the top 10 winningest coaches ever.

He's not wearing either of the rings he should have won with the Browns. He's not sporting his K.C. Super Bowl ring. He's not twirling his San Diego ring on his finger.

Still, IMHO, the man is a winner. That's all I'm saying.

You won't find a bigger Marty fan than I, Skip.

ClevelandBronco 09-14-2008 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friendo (Post 5020454)
Marty's in a rocking chair overlooking Lake Lure, digging on the grandkids. He's got the last laugh.

I like that picture, but I really wish he had a ring to show those grandkids. He's the most deserving coach who doesn't have one, IMO.

Skip Towne 09-14-2008 11:06 PM

Marty has lost every HC job he has ever had due to a conflict over player personnel with the GM. In Clevend it was Modell, in KC it was Peterson, in Washington it was Snyder in San Diego it was A.J. Smith. But while Marty was compiling his top ten ever winning percentage, nobody has ever let him run things like he wants to. A lot of egos involved it seems to me. As shitty as the Chiefs are, I think it is time to see what Marty can do when he finally has control. We could get a very pleasant surprise. The dude has proven he can win.

Sure-Oz 09-14-2008 11:07 PM

Marty should've never been canned in SD...

Skip Towne 09-14-2008 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 5020502)
He's not wearing either of the rings he should have won with the Browns. He's not sporting his K.C. Super Bowl ring. He's not twirling his San Diego ring on his finger.

Still, IMHO, the man is a winner. That's all I'm saying.

You won't find a bigger Marty fan than I, Skip.

I always thought you were pretty smart, now I'm sure of it.

ClevelandBronco 09-14-2008 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 5020513)
Marty has lost every HC job he has ever had due to a conflict over player personnel with the GM. In Clevend it was Modell, in KC it was Peterson, in Washington it was Snyder in San Diego it was A.J. Smith. But while Marty was compiling his top ten ever winning percentage, nobody has ever let him run things like he wants to. A lot of egos involved it seems to me. As shitty as the Chiefs are, I think it is time to see what Marty can do when he finally has control. We could get a very pleasant surprise. The dude has proven he can win.

Agreed, but I think it's over now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5020515)

Agreed, in spades.

Skip Towne 09-14-2008 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5020515)

Agreed. Every other team he has left has gone downhill. Lets see if it happens again. I'm betting it will.