ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Take a QB in the 1st round next year? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=198939)

dirk digler 12-22-2008 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320216)
It was at around 11:30 this morning, he said they've been asking Pollard to do shit he can't do for years. And Gunther was dropping a bunch of MF's on him just going off and his response was that.

LMAO

I don't know who is more pathetic Gun or Pollard.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-22-2008 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320216)
It was at around 11:30 this morning, he said they've been asking Pollard to do shit he can't do for years. And Gunther was dropping a bunch of MF's on him just going off and his response was that.

I'll tell you right now; Gun, and that other god damned motor-mouth need to be shown the door.

That other guy is even more obnoxious than Gun. As a player, I would get tired of that mother****er very, very quickly.

Mecca 12-22-2008 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 5320227)
LMAO

I don't know who is more pathetic Gun or Pollard.

It's partially Chiefs stubborness did you know that Pollard is as big as the Colts LB's? This staff has no idea how to put players in positions to play to their strengths, Pollard is not good in coverage yet they ask him to do that all the time..how's this make sense?

Mecca 12-22-2008 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 5320204)
So do you think Sanchez will be there at 34?

He wouldn't last that long if he declared but if he got 2nd round he isn't coming out because he could be the 1st pick next year.

Reerun_KC 12-22-2008 12:33 PM

So tell me folks, will this place meltdown if the new GM and staff decide that Thigpen is nothing more than a backup and they want to draft what they feel the the BEST QB for thier system and develop him?

I know there are alot of folks here wanting Thigpen to succeed and wanting to have his childern... I am just curious what people are going to do...

Reerun_KC 12-22-2008 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320241)
It's partially Chiefs stubborness did you know that Pollard is as big as the Colts LB's? This staff has no idea how to put players in positions to play to their strengths, Pollard is not good in coverage yet they ask him to do that all the time..how's this make sense?

I have always thought that Pollard would make a decent LB....

Mecca 12-22-2008 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 5320253)
So tell me folks, will this place meltdown if the new GM and staff decide that Thigpen is nothing more than a backup and they want to draft what they feel the the BEST QB for thier system and develop him?

I know there are alot of folks here wanting Thigpen to succeed and wanting to have his childern... I am just curious what people are going to do...

I've brought this up...there's going to be some serious humor in a few months. The day Herm and his staff is fired is the day Thigpens future takes a serious hit.

suds79 12-22-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Are you serious?

Well I'm not one of those people. I'll be pumped that they'd have the balls to make that pick.

I like Tyler as our backup (and starter to bridge the gap for the roookie next year). He has some tools but has a completely unorthodox system adapted to him because he's not good in a normal set.... What's that tell you about him?

dirk digler 12-22-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320241)

It doesn't make sense that is why they all need to be shit canned.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-22-2008 12:37 PM

Quote:

There'll be some Homer-Meltdown for sure, but most informed fans will be pleased.

Depending upon who the New Crew decide to draft.
Now THERE will be your melt-down.

King_Chief_Fan 12-22-2008 12:37 PM

Quote:

I am leaving it up to the new GM and new coach. What ever they say.

dirk digler 12-22-2008 12:38 PM

Quote:

I stated this earlier in this thread I am going to put my full trust in the new GM and HC.

You know the same question could be put to the other side as well. What if they pass on a QB in the draft and have Thigpen as the franchise QB? What will those people do?

I imagine it won't be pretty.

beach tribe 12-22-2008 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 5320259)
I have always thought that Pollard would make a decent LB....

A guy who takes shitty angles, and has no idea how to wrap up a ball carrier should not be a LB. I think he should be our backup SS.

Reerun_KC 12-22-2008 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 5320269)
Are you serious?

Well I'm not one of those people. I'll be pumped that they'd have the balls to make that pick.

I like Tyler as our backup (and starter to bridge the gap for the roookie next year). He has some tools but has a completely unorthodox system adapted to him because he's not good in a normal set.... What's that tell you about him?

Yeah suds I am serious and it was a serious question.. I have been a member here long enough to know how this place operates...

I just wanted to see whom was going to meltdown when/if a 1st round QB is picked and Thigpen is sent either packing or to the bench...

I appreciate Thigpen and all he has done, but your not going to win a superbowl with a qb as inaccurate as he is...

Mecca 12-22-2008 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 5320284)
A guy who takes shitty angles, and has no idea how to wrap up a ball carrier should not be a LB. I think he should be our backup SS.

That's the difference between us and a team like the Colts, they can teach a guy to improve at those things, our guys never get better.