ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Brian Harold Billick next HC for KC ??? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=201174)

Mecca 01-26-2009 10:36 PM

Billick got the benefit of great draft picks like Travis Taylor...

I really have nothing against Billick, hiring him wouldn't bother me he seems to understand both sides of the ball are important.

Not to mention for the Cunningham remark he was laying brick in Las Vegas before he got the call from the Vikings.

OnTheWarpath15 01-26-2009 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 5429911)
Great information. I didn't know any of this.

I follow Baltimore only so much as they're covered on the Sunday pre-game shows.

Sounds like my perception of BB might be completely ****ing wrong.

If you like to read, I highly recommend "Next Man Up" by John Feinstein.

He spends a season inside the Ravens organization - all access.

Really good read, IMO.

DeezNutz 01-26-2009 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5429927)

Really good read, IMO.

I'm a reader.

I'll check it out. Thanks.

Mecca 01-26-2009 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5429927)

Really good read, IMO.

Does he ask Billick why he wears a leather jacket on the sideline? Is it to look like he's cool?

Ebolapox 01-26-2009 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5429942)
Does he ask Billick why he wears a leather jacket on the sideline? Is it to look like he's cool?

if only he had long lustrous hair. then, that jacket would work.

Mecca 01-26-2009 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H5N1 (Post 5429947)
if only he had long lustrous hair. then, that jacket would work.

You shutup you, how'd you know I wear leather jackets?

Ebolapox 01-26-2009 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5429952)
You shutup you, how'd you know I wear leather jackets?

eh, you seem the douchy long haired leather jacket type.

KCrockaholic 01-27-2009 12:04 AM

well how many head coaches have won superbowls with 2 different teams? Yes I ive said i want Cowher as our coach, but hes a different story. Billick, not even close. My first choice is to hire Todd Haley. I think his mentality would be perfect for our young team. face it, were a very soft team and herm has made us this way. We need a Hard-ass like Haley.

JuicesFlowing 01-27-2009 02:40 AM

I'd prefer Billick over Crennel, but that's about it.

SenselessChiefsFan 01-27-2009 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 5428977)
That's my pick what say you. He has a Super Bowl ring, he is an Offinsive guru, his Super Bowl team was about Defense. His record as HC 80-64 with 5-3 record in post season.

Sorry if repost, just a name I heard on the radio and think he is a guy to take considerations on.

I do not like the guys personality. All coaches are somewhat egotistical. He takes it to another level.

I also think there is just something a little too 'used car salesman' about him to me.

That said, he has a great ability to adapt to his players, and not force his players to adapt to him. I think he is a bright guy, and a good coach.

I would be fine with the hire, but I would prefer someone else.

SenselessChiefsFan 01-27-2009 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcrockaholic4life (Post 5430123)
well how many head coaches have won superbowls with 2 different teams? Yes I ive said i want Cowher as our coach, but hes a different story. Billick, not even close. My first choice is to hire Todd Haley. I think his mentality would be perfect for our young team. face it, were a very soft team and herm has made us this way. We need a Hard-ass like Haley.

It is one thing to bring discipline to a team. It is another to be confrontational to the point of counterproductivity.

Plus.... All Todd Haley has managed to do is come up with a good offensive scheme with Fitzgerald, Bolding, Warner, and Edgerine James.

I am not sold on him. But, I will say that if he comes to the Chiefs, I will pull for him and hope I am wrong.

FloridaMan88 01-27-2009 08:38 AM

A red flag when analyzing a guy's track record as head coach is the fact the primary and consistent weakness of his previous team was the area (offense) where the guy's expertise is in and the reason he was originally hired as their head coach.

If you want to hire Brian Billick, you better hope Ray Lewis, Ed Reed and Terrell Suggs come with him as a package deal.

Delano 01-27-2009 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H5N1 (Post 5430001)
eh, you seem the douchy long haired leather jacket type.

Oh shit.

LMAO

HemiEd 01-27-2009 10:55 AM

I would have no problem with it, a better choice than a lot of the retreads mentioned lately.

patteeu 01-27-2009 11:08 AM

Some of the more notable QBs that have played for the Ravens during the Billick years:

Tony Banks
Trent Dilfer
Randal Cunningham (past his prime)
Jeff Blake (past his prime)
Kyle Boller
Steve McNair (past his prime)

And on top of that ignoble list, he gave Elvis Grbac a nice contract on the basis of what he'd done for the Chiefs!

Based on his QB associations alone, no thanks.