ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Somebody Took My Garbage (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204973)

Stewie 03-29-2009 07:32 AM

I've never had anyone steal trash, but we have a heavy item pickup once a year. It's a hooptie wagon holiday, or more like a giant citywide free garage sale of junk. Stuff rarely lasts more than a couple of hours when put out to the curb. I guess it's good that someone thinks they can use it, but I imagine alot of it ends up in the dump anyway. Well, the stuff I put out there. If I think it's salvageable I wouldn't put it out there in the first place.

Stewie 03-29-2009 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 5622006)
Shred documents along with old newspaper, divide into 3-4 bags, and deliver to the dump yourself.

Also, I believe, they make double shredders.

I have a cross-cut shredder and when it's full I'll empty it into my kitchen garbage. It then gets covered in old kitchen waste and slime. It turns it into shredder goo.

Skip Towne 03-29-2009 07:48 AM

When I owned three car washes I bought a little clam shell machine to clean out the mud pits. It worked great except when you dumped the tilt trailer the mud would stick to the floor and had to be shoveled out. Not fun. Then I discovered if I put a sack of leaves in before loading all the mud just slid right out when I dumped it. So I would stop and "steal" bags of leaves from peoples curbs whenever I saw some. I'm sure people thought I was crazy.

gblowfish 03-29-2009 08:29 AM

I think it was Skip. He wanted to see if you were tossing out any old Mizzou gear, since he's a closet Tiger fan...

Bugeater 03-29-2009 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 5621947)
You need an atomizer. :D

I've actually burned some stuff on my barbe.

Same here, except I burn it in my woodstove.

cabletech94 03-29-2009 09:21 AM

My absolute best trash theft story happened some years back. Cleaning out my inherited garage junk. Filled to the brim full 'o junk. Found an old Beta VCR and tossed it on top of the heap. Went back to the garage, came back to the curb with the next load in about 5 minutes, Beta VCR was gone. I said to myself, that guy is an assclown.
2 hours later, the VCR was returned. I kid you not.
I've never heard of someone returning trash. WTF?

RNR 03-29-2009 09:21 AM

Years ago my washing machine broke down, I hung on to it thinking I would take it to the dump when I had a full load. Quite some time passed and my brother and I were teaming up to clean up branches and other stuff for a dump run. By the time the truck and trailer was loaded there was not enough room for the damn washer so I left it sitting on my back driveway near the alley.

We took off for the dump and I was pissed I would have to make another trip and drop another 20 bucks to be rid of the damn thing. I told my brother noway that damn thing goes back in my garage and said maybe I will get lucky and someone will steal it. Sure enough we returned to find it missing.

This is where human nature takes over, I had gotten my wish and saved the effort and money. However was still pissed some worthless dump had robbed me! My brother looks at me like I was crazy when I said we should drive around the area and see if we could spot it. He asks WHY? and I tell him I would like to kick the shit out of the thief. He laughed and said **** that lets go pop a few cold ones instead......we did :)

Demonpenz 03-29-2009 09:59 AM

I used to get a bag of clothes light it on fire with gas and drop it into roads. Good times

dj56dt58 03-29-2009 10:11 AM

Those bastards took mine too..they drove away in this

:cuss:

Demonpenz 03-29-2009 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 5622168)
Those bastards took mine too..they drove away in this

:cuss:

that looks like a dump truck

Brock 03-29-2009 10:16 AM

I had a rental house that had a sewer backup. There was 3 feet of shitty water in the finished basement. I stripped out all of the framing and set it out by the curb with a sign that said "Contaminated - Do not touch". The next day it was gone.

Delano 03-29-2009 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 5622007)
I've never had anyone steal trash, but we have a heavy item pickup once a year. It's a hooptie wagon holiday, or more like a giant citywide free garage sale of junk. Stuff rarely lasts more than a couple of hours when put out to the curb. I guess it's good that someone thinks they can use it, but I imagine alot of it ends up in the dump anyway. Well, the stuff I put out there. If I think it's salvageable I wouldn't put it out there in the first place.

Haha. We call that Hutterite Holiday in my town.

dj56dt58 03-29-2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 5622173)
that looks like a dump truck

thats a weird lookin dump truck

LaChapelle 03-29-2009 11:48 AM

Those must be your golf shorts on the mayor's lawn

ImAWalkingCorpse 03-29-2009 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 5622048)
I think it was Skip. He wanted to see if you were tossing out any old Mizzou gear, since he's a closet Tiger fan...

I bet it was him.