ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Crabtree at #3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=205313)

htismaqe 04-03-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5638826)
That is completely untrue, are you aware that he was playing for a team that he was literally the only good offensive player for?

His numbers are very respectable for having nothing around him.

I'm aware of his situation, and I'm also aware that he:

1) Lacks the ability to separate on short and intermediate routes

2) Doesn't excel running after the catch on short and intermediate routes

3) Runs poor routes

4) Has small hands

5) Doesn't have good technique and tends to catch the ball against his body.

I could go on, but I won't. There's a reason that almost every scouting report says that the team that takes him is going to have to be very patient. He's EXTREMELY raw and may never develop into a WR - right now he's a track star and that's really it.

htismaqe 04-03-2009 07:29 PM

I must say though, he looks OK there for the first 4 minutes of that video.

Against DELAWARE.

Mecca 04-03-2009 07:30 PM

Lets not mention the play where he owns Sydquan Thompson of Cal who was the best CB in the Pac 10 this past year.

ChiefsCountry 04-03-2009 07:30 PM

I don't think Hayward-Bey will be a #1 but I think he can be a nice #2 in the league.

Mecca 04-03-2009 07:32 PM

He's a little more than just a track guy....

Height: 6-15/8 | Weight: 210 | 40-Time: 4.30

Strengths:
A smooth, fluid athlete...Long strider with rare speed...Explosive with great acceleration and a burst...Quick and agile...Terrific height and bulk with long arms...Excellent leaper...Nice body control and ball skills...Tough and not afraid to work the middle...Vertical threat who can separate...Also a dangerous weapon on reverses...Great work ethic...Could also contribute as a return man...Still has a ton of upside.

Weaknesses:
Is inconsistent catching the ball and does not have great natural hands...Questionable instincts and awareness...Still very raw as a route runner...Not much wiggle and won't make people miss...Doesn't break a lot of tackles...Average strength...Marginal blocker...Has little or no special teams experience...Wasn't real productive..Workout Warrior?

Notes:
A three-year starter in the ACC...Was a track All-American in high school...Redshirted in 2005...A two-time All-ACC selection...Featured prominently in the Maryland record books, ranking second in career receiving yards, third in receptions and is tied for third in touchdown catches...Was grossly underutilized in the Terrapins offense and the quarterback play left much to be desired as well...Dynamic playmaker who is a threat to score every time he touches the ball...Intriguing prospect with top-flight measurables but might be a better athlete than football player...Boom or Bust type who will require some patience and development but he has all the tools to be a #1 wideout in the NFL.

htismaqe 04-03-2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5638851)
Lets not mention the play where he owns Sydquan Thompson of Cal who was the best CB in the Pac 10 this past year.

That's one play, dude.

Read the scouting report that you just posted.

You're obviously much more impressed with athleticism than I am. Gimme a football player every day.

Mecca 04-03-2009 07:39 PM

At that position I am, for every one slowish guy that can play there are 100 Mike Williams that simply can't.

To me the athletic numbers matter for WR's and DB's more than any other because to me you either have it or you don't.

htismaqe 04-03-2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5638877)
At that position I am, for every one slowish guy that can play there are 100 Mike Williams that simply can't.

To me the athletic numbers matter for WR's and DB's more than any other because to me you either have it or you don't.

And for every fastish guy that can play there are 150 Ashley Lelie's that simply can't.

I mean, aren't you on record as saying that Dwayne Bowe doesn't have "it"?

That is, frankly, crazy talk.

Tribal Warfare 04-03-2009 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5638632)
Did you overdose on ****tardery?

nope, your acting like a little bitch honestly, I'm explaining my case while your acting like you're on the rag.

Mecca 04-03-2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 5638886)
And for every fastish guy that can play there are 150 Ashley Lelie's that simply can't.

I mean, aren't you on record as saying that Dwayne Bowe doesn't have "it"?

That is, frankly, crazy talk.

Um no I never said that, I said he needs to learn to catch the ball.

Deberg_1990 04-03-2009 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5638918)
Um no I never said that, I said he needs to learn to catch the ball.

Clearly he does because he has far better stats than either T.O or Marvin Harrison at this point in their careers.

heh, theres always room for improvement.

Mr. Krab 04-03-2009 08:21 PM

Wide receivers seem to be a huge boom/bust situation that i think we should avoid right now. I would rather draft another QB or OT than Crabtree.

Deberg_1990 04-03-2009 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Krab's (Post 5638979)
Wide receivers seem to be a huge boom/bust situation that i think we should avoid right now. I would rather draft another QB or OT than Crabtree.

I wouldnt draft a WR top 5 unless hes ELITE talent. I dont see that in Crabtree.

Coogs 04-03-2009 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 5638984)
I wouldnt draft a WR top 5 unless hes ELITE talent. I dont see that in Crabtree.

Kiper does though. You can't even tell me you wouldn't take Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson at #3. If he has Crabtree in that threesome, it is worth the pick and the cash.A Bowe and Crabtree combo is faster than Fitzgerald and Boldin and they make it work. And Haley knows how they make it work.

The Bad Guy 04-03-2009 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 5639028)
Kiper does though. You can't even tell me you wouldn't take Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson at #3. If he has Crabtree in that threesome, it is worth the pick and the cash.A Bowe and Crabtree combo is faster than Fitzgerald and Boldin and they make it work. And Haley knows how they make it work.

I think speed is very overrated at receiver.

You can have all the straight line speed in the world - if you can't run routes, it doesn't matter.

Fitzgerald and Boldin are incredible route runners. I didn't see Crabtree as that last year.

I wouldn't have a problem taking him - I just don't see how he's even remotely in the same league as Fitz or AJ.