ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2009 Kansas City Royals Repository. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=207150)

Kyle DeLexus 05-03-2009 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beavis (Post 5737157)
I was in a local watering hole on Saturday night starting in about the 8th inning, when I noticed something odd. Starting in the ninth, it got almost dead silent in this place that's usually loud enough to annoy me. People were consumed by what was going on in during the game. As soon as the last pitch was thrown, it went back to "normal" bar type volume.

I think in seasons past, it was a lot different. If there was a game on in the background, most people wouldn't pay much attention. I can't wait to see what happens to this town if they actually do make a playoff run. I know it's early, but we've suffered long enough dammit.

Or else, I could have just imagined it all, who knows.

Haha, we were at a Jazz bar on Saturday. They had on their website that they play all Royals games, so we figured we'd go catch the end there. They had the damn Celtics game on so we made them change it. There ended up being a huge crowd around watching the game and when we finally got the run in to make it 8-7 the place erupted with applause. The band thought everyone was cheering for them for some reason. We figured more people had caught Royals Fever at that point than the Swine Flu

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka 05-04-2009 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 5736931)
Can't we trade some prospects? Like Shealy or the Hawaiian dude? I guess we are just making sure Butler doesn't completely suck first.

Butler has been playing pretty damn well at first. He is no gold glove; but as long as he keeps heating up at the plate we don't need him to be a gold glove.

Dartgod 05-04-2009 07:26 AM

Has anyone bought seats in the Dri-Duck outfield section? I want to get 4 for tonight and they go on sale at the stadium at 10:00 AM. Just wondering how early I need to get there to make sure I get some before they sell out?

ChiTown 05-04-2009 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 5736981)
Expect him soon. And when they do call Hochevar, we will be able to cut loose the Human Thanksgiving Day Float.

I'd be willing to bet Hochevar will be called up to pitch in the 4 game series with the Orioles at the K

Jethopper 05-04-2009 07:33 AM

Greinke today!!!!!

Great Expectations 05-04-2009 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 5736783)
Weakly hit ball back to the pitcher, so Soria he had to hurry. Throw was to the home side, thus taking Butler into the runner. Wasn't able to make the catch.

I think the throw also glanced off the runners leg before Butler had a chance to make the catch.

Dartgod 05-04-2009 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 5737668)
Has anyone bought seats in the Dri-Duck outfield section? I want to get 4 for tonight and they go on sale at the stadium at 10:00 AM. Just wondering how early I need to get there to make sure I get some before they sell out?

I got some bad info from the ticket office yesterday. The Dri-Duck seats don't go on sale until 4:30 the day of the game. I did score some seats in the front row of section 105, overlooking the visitor bullpen. So we'll be out there tonight rooting for another victory for Zack and the Royals!

petegz28 05-04-2009 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 5737803)
I got some bad info from the ticket office yesterday. The Dri-Duck seats don't go on sale until 4:30 the day of the game. I did score some seats in the front row of section 105, overlooking the visitor bullpen. So we'll be out there tonight rooting for another victory for Zack and the Royals!

Yea, I think those tickets are strictly walk-up. And you don't want to be there on a cooler evening.

Dartgod 05-04-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5737827)
Yea, I think those tickets are strictly walk-up. And you don't want to be there on a cooler evening.

I would imagine you need to be in line by 3:00 or so to get those seats.

Demonpenz 05-04-2009 09:31 AM

dry duck sells out fast unless it is a crappy game. I went there last monday and was the first fan in the staduim.

Dartgod 05-04-2009 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 5737836)
dry duck sells out fast unless it is a crappy game. I went there last monday and was the first fan in the staduim.

How is the view from there?

Kyle DeLexus 05-04-2009 09:41 AM

I'll be there also. We are going for the $5 seats tonight since it was an impulse game.

DeezNutz 05-04-2009 09:41 AM

May 23rd. Is this the magical date for Hochevar's return so that the Royals can further control his FA years?

Caller on 810 claims this is the date.

ChiTown 05-04-2009 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 5737851)
May 23rd. Is this the magical date for Hochevar's return so that the Royals can further control his FA years?

I thought it was the 15th? Hmmm

Sure-Oz 05-04-2009 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 5737851)

His era is a sick 1.13 in AAA, what the hell