ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Life After People (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=207796)

The Franchise 05-18-2009 11:28 AM

I would basically be like the guy in "I Am Legend" minus the freaky ass zombie people. I'd be hoarding food....and driving around in sweet ass cars. I'd basically just build myself a compound and go do whatever the **** I wanted to do.

Oh...and I'd sleep in until noon every day....and play video games a lot. Plus catch up on all of the movies that I haven't seen.

Ultra Peanut 05-18-2009 11:33 AM

I DVR this show, and I Am Legend is currently on my TV because I randomly flipped to HBO and left it there.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OKa11TOCFg0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OKa11TOCFg0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Buck 05-18-2009 11:37 AM

I would pretty much siphon as much gas as possible, there'd be a pretty decent supply within a 25 mile radius.

Then I would first raid the grocery stores, etc for sustenance.

Finally I would find out where the Amazon.com warehouse are and make a road trip and pretty much find a sweet ass TV, surround sound, Bluray player, etc.

Then I would raid their DVD/Blu-Ray collection and live happily ever after.

blaise 05-18-2009 11:38 AM

In the book The Martian Chronicles one of the chapters is a guy who's the last man on Mars. (the planet was populated by Earth people but they died off). He goes around looking for another person and he eventually finds the last woman on Mars. When he finds her she's eating chocolate, it's all over her face, and she's like 300 pounds and wearing a wedding dress.
So he runs away.

Fish 05-18-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 5774343)
In the book The Martian Chronicles one of the chapters is a guy who's the last man on Mars. (the planet was populated by Earth people but they died off). He goes around looking for another person and he eventually finds the last woman on Mars. When he finds her she's eating chocolate, it's all over her face, and she's like 300 pounds and wearing a wedding dress.
So he runs away.

ROFL

The Franchise 05-18-2009 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MediaCenterJunkie (Post 5774338)
I would pretty much siphon as much gas as possible, there'd be a pretty decent supply within a 25 mile radius.

Then I would first raid the grocery stores, etc for sustenance.

Finally I would find out where the Amazon.com warehouse are and make a road trip and pretty much find a sweet ass TV, surround sound, Bluray player, etc.

Then I would raid their DVD/Blu-Ray collection and live happily ever after.

Ummm....why would you have to raid an Amazon.com warehouse? You couldn't go to Best Buy and get a TV or movies?

Buck 05-18-2009 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 5773452)
Interesting place. I'm intrigued by the deep-sea coal mining too.

Yeah that was a cool read.

Buck 05-18-2009 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5774372)
Ummm....why would you have to raid an Amazon.com warehouse? You couldn't go to Best Buy and get a TV or movies?

Good Point.

However, Best Buy is sort of Limited on what they offer. I guess I could make due though.

Buck 05-18-2009 11:53 AM

I just realized that after the power turned off, I would need a gas powered generator.

The Franchise 05-18-2009 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MediaCenterJunkie (Post 5774380)
Good Point.

However, Best Buy is sort of Limited on what they offer. I guess I could make due though.

I'm not saying you would have to settle with what Best Buy has to offer....but I would check there first.

I would have 10 TVs set up in my house....one for my computer....one for my PS3....one for the 360.....and 7 others playing movies.

Fish 05-18-2009 11:59 AM

You may need to learn how to operate a refinery, as it won't take long for existing petrol to evaporate from gas stations...

The Twinkie Factory is your best bet for food....

Goldmember 05-18-2009 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 5774403)
You may need to learn how to operate a refinery, as it won't take long for existing petrol to evaporate from gas stations...

The Twinkie Factory is your best bet for food....

I doubt it would evaporate that quickly. It's not like a pool of gasoline just sitting around. The problem would be getting it out of the storage tank since there is no electricity.

Buck 05-18-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldmember (Post 5774443)
I doubt it would evaporate that quickly. It's not like a pool of gasoline just sitting around. The problem would be getting it out of the storage tank since there is no electricity.

Thats why you need to siphon it out of cars.

blaise 05-18-2009 12:20 PM

Couldn't you open that thing on the ground that they measure it with and lower a can tied to a string down there and pull it up one canful at a time?

Spott 05-18-2009 01:25 PM

You wouldn't be completely alone if CP was still up because Al Gore would have to be alive to keep the internet running.
Posted via Mobile Device