ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Jay Cutler shines in his home debut for the Bears... How'd Orton Do? bwha hah aa (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212413)

Quesadilla Joe 08-23-2009 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 5994853)
Gotta love preseason... sure, I'd love to look at the statline and see better numbers and a win, but it's preseason. There are several key guys missing, so I'll hold off on the panic attack until the action starts in week one.

panic?

Orton looked good last night.

Bane 08-23-2009 10:17 AM

Anyone see Marshall sayn Orton was a great Qb the other day when they asked him about Cutler? LMAO!!!!!!

Mile High Mania 08-23-2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 5994871)
panic?

Orton looked good last night.

It's more than Orton... Marshall needs a code red and the jury is out on the defense.

RJ 08-23-2009 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefDave (Post 5994460)

Wow. Excellent decision making there. I am reminded of Garo Ypremian.

Bane 08-23-2009 10:20 AM

Plain and simple,Mc Daniels made a joke out of what should be a playoff team.Made himself and ownership look like fools and have damaged this team for years to come.This buds to you!!!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-23-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 5994792)
Orton shined like a freshly pooped dog turd in the noon day sun last night.

I concur.

Mile High Mania 08-23-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bane_58 (Post 5994885)
Plain and simple,Mc Daniels made a joke out of what should be a playoff team.Made himself and ownership look like fools and have damaged this team for years to come.This buds to you!!!!!

This team 'should' have been a playoff contender the last 2 years... defense was the downfall. Let's not act as if this team was a player or two from title contention.

beach tribe 08-23-2009 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 5995154)
This team 'should' have been a playoff contender the last 2 years... defense was the downfall. Let's not act as if this team was a player or two from title contention.

You were a FEW defensive players away form being able to compete.

But that was with a franchise QB. Now that you don't have that, you are MILES away from competing.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-23-2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 5995197)

But that was with a franchise QB. Now that you don't have that, you are MILES away from competing.

LMAO

Quesadilla Joe 08-23-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 5995197)

Is Cassel a franchise QB?

I am certain that Orton can put up the same or better numbers that Cassel put up last season. If Orton did that... Would that make him a franchise QB?

Pasta Little Brioni 08-23-2009 12:32 PM

Denver has a good offensive line and wide recievers that can get alot of yards after the catch, the problem....they have an absolute boob at QB.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-23-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 5995205)

I am certain that Orton can put up the same or better numbers that Cassel put up last season. If Orton did that... Would that make him a franchise QB?

If Orton does that, he sold his soul to the Debbil'.

beach tribe 08-23-2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

I have no idea if Cassel is a franchise QB. Honestly, nobody does.

What I do know, is that Cutler IS, and Orton is NOT.

That you DID have one, and now you DON'T.

That There was one in DENVER, now there's one in CHICAGO.

That you HAD one, but now he is GONE.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-23-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Right now Cassel is not a "franchise QB", but he is smart and accurate...2 things Orton lacks.

Quesadilla Joe 08-23-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 5995214)
Right now Cassel is not a "franchise QB", but he is smart and accurate...2 things Orton lacks.

Quote:

A true safety-first QB. Will never, ever force a deep ball or anything into double coverage unless it absolutely needs it (just 5 picks in his senior year). He has the field-reading skills of a 10 year NFL vet and can diagnose a blitz instantly, and is happy to sit in against it and make his reads. Good timing is a huge part of his play, especially in the underneath and short-medium range passes. He won’t even consider parting with the ball until he is certain his receiver is open, and may be on a par with plenty of NFL quarterbacks when it comes to play action – think ol’ Peyton but slightly less polished.

Pro Potential
Orton is one of those QBs that you just know can be successful in a particular system. In a short to intermediate passing game he could well be a comfortable NFL starter as long as he can adjust to the rigours of the big league.

Best fit
Somewhere in a conservative system with plenty of underneath passes (think the Patriots) where he has a couple of years to learn his trade at a higher level. He gets those two – solid NFL QB in a few years.
Orton is a smart and accurate passer. He is actually one of the smarter QB's in the NFL. He was just surrounded by garbage last year in Chicago. The Bears completely overhauled their offensive line once they traded for Cutler.