ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop MGE Sucks (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=218311)

Big Dog 11-17-2009 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 6270601)
quit bein a bitch about it and put your man pants on 'big dog'. JFC.

Ultimately I did...heat is back on today.

MOhillbilly 11-17-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Dog (Post 6270649)
Ultimately I did...heat is back on today.

only cause ya had ta.

Big Dog 11-17-2009 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 6270645)
So to summarize:

You haven't paid your bill since July.
You got a statement saying the billing method would change to e-mail.
You signed up with said email 5 years ago.
You haven't paid your bill since July.

And this is the gas companies fault?

You left out 2 important steps.

-I have not received a bill since June
-The gas company is completely aware of this and had an easy remedy available

Add these, and yes...it's the gas company's fault.

kstater 11-17-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Dog (Post 6270661)

Did you not recieve notice that your bill would be emailed to you?

Donger 11-17-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Dog (Post 6270637)
When a company purposely preys on basic human behavior in order to unethically charge you outrageous fees?

You act like they didn't inform you. They did. You threw their notice away.

How is that "preying" on basic human behavior?

Donger 11-17-2009 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Dog (Post 6270661)

YOU HAVEN'T RECEIVED A BILL BECAUSE YOU GAVE THEM A BAD EMAIL ADDRESS.

Old Dog 11-17-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 6270666)

Well yeah, but he didn't bother to read it so it's someone elses fault.

IMHO this is what's wrong in America today. Nobody wants to accept responsibility for his own actions. It's always someone elses fault.

kstater 11-17-2009 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 6270675)
YOU HAVEN'T RECEIVED A BILL BECAUSE YOU GAVE THEM A BAD EMAIL ADDRESS.

It's the gas companies fault that they didn't connect with each of their thousands(millions?) of customers to ensure they had a correct email address(which likely was stated in the announcement stuffed in one of his bills).

Big Dog 11-17-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 6270666)

No, I did not. I am not arguing that they did not send it though...again I heard about it for the first time today. My bills go to a bill pay service and they scan in the bills for me to view and pay over the internet.

OMG I just reviewed what they scanned in...and they sent me a letter in June saying my email was bad and they would begin sending bills via the US postal service.

NEVER HAPPENED....lol. And today I was 'chastised' by customer service for not dealing with my e-bills...wow.

I did not find the original notice of the switch to e-bills only though.

BigCatDaddy 11-17-2009 03:09 PM

Not saying Big Dog is right here at all since he should know he hasn't paid a gas bill in a few months, but how about a call, knock on the door, or shutoff notice mailed to the home before shutting off someone's heat right after the first snow of the year.

Big Dog 11-17-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truebigdog (Post 6270680)
Well yeah, but he didn't bother to read it so it's someone elses fault.

IMHO this is what's wrong in America today. Nobody wants to accept responsibility for his own actions. It's always someone elses fault.

When an entity changes the way they do business, specifically billing, with its customers they do indeed take on a responsibility to notify each and every customer of that change, and ensure the change was understood. Given the new information I mentioned in my previous post, I now see that MGE did in fact notify me and had a plan in place to act if they could not confirm I received their message. Kudos to them for that.

Of course their plan failed miserably, and they did not do what they said they would. First I was complaining the company did not have a proper plan in place and I felt it was completely irresponsible of them. NOW, however I see they actually did have a plan in place, but failed to implement it properly in my case.

As to taking responisibility for my own actions...well I could defend myself till I am blue in the face, but since there is only one or two people here who know me personally, it would be pointless. Fact is...many bad things happen due to failures by multiple people or entities. Yes, had I realized I had not actually paid a gas bill in months, or had I kept an email up to date with a company I do not communcate with via email, this would not have happened. At the same time there are many corporate failures in this scenario as well, and although I admit my transgressions...I felt (and still feel) theirs are more significant.

wild1 11-17-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 6270670)

I'm going to board up my mailbox, and then tell my creditors I don't owe them any money. When my car is repossessed I'll post a new topic here about how unfair they are.

Donger 11-17-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Dog (Post 6270700)
No, I did not. I am not arguing that they did not send it though...again I heard about it for the first time today. My bills go to a bill pay service and they scan in the bills for me to view and pay over the internet.

OMG I just reviewed what they scanned in...and they sent me a letter in June saying my email was bad and they would begin sending bills via the US postal service.

NEVER HAPPENED....lol. And today I was 'chastised' by customer service for not dealing with my e-bills...wow.

I did not find the original notice of the switch to e-bills only though.

Have you checked to see if they did indeed send the bill via USPS and your bill pay company didn't drop the ball?

mrbiggz 11-17-2009 03:17 PM

It may cost you some money to upgrade your electrical service, but you might want to cut your gas appliances over to electric. Tankless water heaters and such have come a long way.

Big Dog 11-17-2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 6270670)

Throwing away junk mail without reading it is not basic human behavior?

Sorry to hear about that.