ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football "Jesus" Is Disappointing... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=218780)

swayy07 11-25-2009 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 6292324)
I don't. Jackson should already be playing at an all pro level.

What does he think he is playing??? Patty cake?!?!?

no he is playin caken panta

Mr. Laz 11-25-2009 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swayy07 (Post 6293077)
no he is playin caken panta

fail

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-25-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pioli Zombie (Post 6292641)
Jackson is playing every bit as good as guys like Richard Seymour were playing after 10 games. He and MacGee will be just fine.
Posted via Mobile Device

Whew! Well that's a load off my mind!

milkman 11-25-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 6292770)
Sorry, but, other than about conduct or off the field issues.... 'rumors' don't make a guy fall in the draft.

Every team spends millions of dollars on scouting.... a 'rumor' isn't dropping someone.

Just because a 'rumor' makes draft magazine readers think he should drop a round, doesn't mean that people who actually get paid to evaluate talent are affected by it at all.

Actually, it came out just before the draft that scouts thought he was just a two down player, and there was also something about an off field issue, though I can't remember exactly what that was

DaneMcCloud 11-25-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 6292770)
Sorry, but, other than about conduct or off the field issues.... 'rumors' don't make a guy fall in the draft.

Every team spends millions of dollars on scouting.... a 'rumor' isn't dropping someone.

Just because a 'rumor' makes draft magazine readers think he should drop a round, doesn't mean that people who actually get paid to evaluate talent are affected by it at all.

Sorry, as usual, you are ill-informed and commenting (as usual) about something you know nothing about.

ohiobronco2 11-25-2009 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsfanGoLJ (Post 6292869)
Yep, I was advocating us picking him in the draft all season.

Why, he plays in the Big slow. :D He was such an accomplished football player in college, I knew he would be special in the NFL. He has great instincts and slightly above average athleticism.

Chiefnj2 11-25-2009 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 6294824)
Actually, it came out just before the draft that scouts thought he was just a two down player, and there was also something about an off field issue, though I can't remember exactly what that was

USC played him as a two down player.

ArrowheadMagic 11-25-2009 09:58 PM

I was high on Curry. From what little I have seen this year of the Seahawks, I thought he played well. As disappointing as they have been, is coaching part of the problem?

SenselessChiefsFan 11-25-2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 6294824)

I am not saying that the scouts didn't believe that. But, if so, they evaluated it for themselves.... they didn't hear some rumor and then suddenly drop the guy on the draft board.

SenselessChiefsFan 11-25-2009 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6294829)
Sorry, as usual, you are ill-informed and commenting (as usual) about something you know nothing about.

Happens around here a lot, otherwise, you wouldn't post.

You are still moronic if you think a scout is dropping him on the draft board based on a rumor that other scouts think he might not be an everydown player. A scout would view that as an opportunity.

Scouts aren't dumba$$ fans on message boards.... they actually know what they are looking at.... and aren't reading some draft magazine and regurgitating what it said trying to act like experts.

KCrockaholic 11-25-2009 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadMagic (Post 6294915)
I was high on Curry. From what little I have seen this year of the Seahawks, I thought he played well. As disappointing as they have been, is coaching part of the problem?

Coaching could be part of the problem, but I just think Curry is a guy that is going to have to take a year to be a top 10 or so LB. Give him a little time. Ernie Sims has sucked this year btw.

DaneMcCloud 11-26-2009 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 6294980)
Happens around here a lot, otherwise, you wouldn't post.

You are still moronic if you think a scout is dropping him on the draft board based on a rumor that other scouts think he might not be an everydown player. A scout would view that as an opportunity.

Scouts aren't dumba$$ fans on message boards.... they actually know what they are looking at.... and aren't reading some draft magazine and regurgitating what it said trying to act like experts.

You're a ****ing dipshit.

Rey was projected as a Top 15 player in nearly every mock until about two weeks before, when Mayock floated the idea that Rey was only a two down player.

He dropped to the top of the second because most GM's, like you, are ****ing gutless ****ing pussies.

Tell me how Rey's a 2 down 'backer now, Senseless.

DaneMcCloud 11-26-2009 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcrockaholic4life (Post 6295090)
Coaching could be part of the problem, but I just think Curry is a guy that is going to have to take a year to be a top 10 or so LB. Give him a little time. Ernie Sims has sucked this year btw.

Curry received waaaaaay too much media hype. Holmgren left the Seahawks in major disarray with shit for talent.

Poor decisions lead to a poor football team.

Curry's just a guy and nothing special. Certainly not an impact football player.

DBOSHO 11-26-2009 12:33 AM

Sure glad we drafted tyson instead of this guy. We might not have had the pleasant suprise of tamba

DaneMcCloud 11-26-2009 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 6295204)
Sure glad we drafted tyson instead of this guy. We might not have had the pleasant suprise of tamba