ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Its Authentic and its MINE! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=227832)

Rausch 05-06-2010 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 6740833)
I have a Priest jersey with the whole 03 team (coaches included)

That'll drop the value...

Param 05-06-2010 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefforlife (Post 6740569)
What is some of your coolest Chiefs memorabilia???

I have a 1963 Fleer Len Dawson RC.

The Franchise 05-06-2010 09:33 AM

I have a Chiefs hat signed by Adam Vinatieri.

SAUTO 05-06-2010 09:40 AM

i was sitting in the bar a couple of weeks ago wearing one of my DT HOF shirts. this old guy walks up and says he has seen me wearing them quite a bit and he had something for me. he goes out to his car and brings an old faded chiefs t shirt in to me and says "i thought you would want this". now im a pretty nice guy so i look at it and smile real big and say "thanks man, cool shirt" even though it wouldnt fit me and it was early 90s style and faded. I fold it up and set it down and continue to drink my drink. Old guy looks pretty rejected and says " you didnt even look at it. (which i had but never turned it over to see the back) he says "you should look at it closer" which i then do....

on the back is a derrick thomas autograph. Guy says that he was in the strip club in the early 90s and DT offered to sign it. Said i would probably enjoy it more than he could anymore

gblowfish 05-06-2010 09:43 AM

I've gotten a lot of cool stuff over the years from my seats after games. Gloves from Tony G and Jared Allen, hat from Marcus Allen, towel from Dante Hall, etc. Now after games, all these kids come down and beg for stuff and crawl all over each other and scream at the players for merchandise. I've seen their fathers send them down to beg for stuff, then it turns up on EBay a couple days later. Sad really. It's all about the bling. Collecting is really out of control now.

Fish 05-06-2010 09:48 AM

I've never understood the fascination with having another human being's signature on something you own.... Let alone paying extravagant money for it...

KcFanInGA 05-06-2010 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 6740609)
i give my stuff away. Autographed hats,shirts,programs,cards,pictures,tickets ect..

I am currently accepting donations. Tips on how to obtain autographs are appreciated as well. I have a signed LJ action shot my wife got me for Christmas 08, before he went all 2.7 on us. Now I need something else. Berry or Charles would be nice. The first preseason game is in Atlanta, so maybe I can luck up there.

KcFanInGA 05-06-2010 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 6740886)
i was sitting in the bar a couple of weeks ago wearing one of my DT HOF shirts. this old guy walks up and says he has seen me wearing them quite a bit and he had something for me. he goes out to his car and brings an old faded chiefs t shirt in to me and says "i thought you would want this". now im a pretty nice guy so i look at it and smile real big and say "thanks man, cool shirt" even though it wouldnt fit me and it was early 90s style and faded. I fold it up and set it down and continue to drink my drink. Old guy looks pretty rejected and says " you didnt even look at it. (which i had but never turned it over to see the back) he says "you should look at it closer" which i then do....

on the back is a derrick thomas autograph. Guy says that he was in the strip club in the early 90s and DT offered to sign it. Said i would probably enjoy it more than he could anymore

Great story!

The Franchise 05-06-2010 09:56 AM

Interesting question....

Is it almost impossible to get autographs at a game? I'm going to be at the Monday night game....and it's my first trip to Arrowhead. I figure it would be cool if I could somehow come out of it with an autograph.

Frazod 05-06-2010 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 6740953)
Interesting question....

Is it almost impossible to get autographs at a game? I'm going to be at the Monday night game....and it's my first trip to Arrowhead. I figure it would be cool if I could somehow come out of it with an autograph.

The only time I got an autograph at a game was before a preseason MNF game in Chicago back in '96. I was specifically told by Louie Aguiar's parents that players do not like to be bothered by autograph seekers prior to the game. However, I was standing next to some ridiculously cute little kid who asked Marcus Allen for an autograph, and he signed one for the kid and one for me as a afterthought (God bless that little brat :D ). Anyway, as far as I could tell, we were the only two people in the stadium that got anything signed (at least by a Chief), and I doubt if anybody got autographs after the game since it was storming so bad the the game was called early.

The Franchise 05-06-2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 6740986)
The only time I got an autograph at a game was before a preseason MNF game in Chicago back in '96. I was specifically told by Louie Aguiar's parents that players do not like to be bothered by autograph seekers prior to the game. However, I was standing next to some ridiculously cute little kid who asked Marcus Allen for an autograph, and he signed one for the kid and one for me as a afterthought (God bless that little brat :D ). Anyway, as far as I could tell, we were the only two people in the stadium that got anything signed (at least by a Chief), and I doubt if anybody got autographs after the game since it was storming so bad the the game was called early.

Well....I just think it would be cool to possibly get my jersey autographed.....so that I could frame it and keep it as a memory. If I don't get one....it's no big deal.

I wonder if Matt Cassel would sign my "Clausen at #5" shirt? :D

OmahaChief 05-06-2010 10:07 AM

I have a Nigerian Nightmare 8X10... it is signed simply...Malaria.

Frazod 05-06-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 6741007)
Well....I just think it would be cool to possibly get my jersey autographed.....so that I could frame it and keep it as a memory. If I don't get one....it's no big deal.

I wonder if Matt Cassel would sign my "Clausen at #5" shirt? :D

You should head up to training camp this year and ask him!

Frazod 05-06-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 6741010)
I have a Nigerian Nightmare 8X10... it is signed simply...Malaria.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for mine to show up in the mail...... :mad:

Tribal Warfare 05-06-2010 10:17 AM

Montana Autographed football, and a Ray Nitschke personalized autograph when I met him at the age of 14.