ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports The letter of the law or douchebag? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=228069)

Gadzooks 05-11-2010 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 6751741)

ROFL. He's a good coach. This piddley kind of stuff happens in the NHL quite often when coaches question the length/ curve of an opposing player's stick.:eek:

DaFace 05-11-2010 04:47 PM

I do actually wonder about calling a friendship bracelet "jewelry" (as mentioned above). It's a piece of string. If you had fifty of them, it would be an arm band, which are worn all the time.

If they really wanted to press the issue, I'd wonder if it would be overturned. Not sure who is responsible for that stuff or what level of protest is allowed, though.

LaChapelle 05-11-2010 04:47 PM

and people want cat killers to get prison time
people ****ed up

Predarat 05-11-2010 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 6751780)
Yeah but he wouldn't agree with REPOST!

Damn it i'm too slow lol its my leg that got swept in that one.

BigRichard 05-11-2010 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 6751793)
I agree. Hope the OP is OK with me adding one...

Go right ahead. I thought about doing it but decided against it.

philfree 05-11-2010 04:53 PM

So it was a piece of string? If it wasn't metal or didn't have jewels on it then I argue that it was a piece of string and not jewelry at all. How 'bout a rubber band? Is that jewelry too? If I were them I'd try an appeal before I let the douchebag have the victory.

PhilFree:arrow:

Iowanian 05-11-2010 04:57 PM

I expect Mr T to come forward and Pitty this Fool!

Predarat 05-11-2010 04:58 PM

I think the other coach should have argued it was technicially not jewlery.

philfree 05-11-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 6751824)
So it was a piece of string? If it wasn't metal or didn't have jewels on it then I argue that it was a piece of string and not jewelry at all. How 'bout a rubber band? Is that jewelry too? If I were them I'd try an appeal before I let the douchebag have the victory.

LOL Reposted Repost!

ClevelandBronco 05-11-2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 6751702)
If you've never seen That Championship Season, you should rent it sometime. Movie based on a play about the aftermath of winning at all costs.

Good stuff. Mitchum, Martin Sheen, Bruce Dern, Paul Sorvino. Haven't seen it in years.

Param 05-11-2010 05:01 PM

I bet there was HGH in that string. Good move by the opposing coach to point it out.

DJ's left nut 05-11-2010 05:01 PM

It's high school athletics -- douchebag.

Douchebag squared since there's no way in hell that coach wasn't watching and waiting for her to do it. You cannot convince me that the guy didn't know about the bracelet well before the jump.

It's like the pine-tar incident with George Brett. Billy Martin knew about the pine-tar the entire game (speculation is that he knew about it for weeks) but was going to wait until the right time to call it to the umpires attention.

Major league baseball -- okay. High School pole vault (a sport nobody really gives a shit about anyway) -- definitely not okay. And then to say "well she won't be wearing jewelry to another event, I taught her a lesson" is even less okay.

Douche move all the way.

siberian khatru 05-11-2010 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 6751837)
Good stuff. Mitchum, Martin Sheen, Bruce Dern, Paul Sorvino. Haven't seen it in years.

And written by Father Karras from "The Exorcist."

Rain Man 05-11-2010 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 6751732)
If the rule states "jewelry", than "jewelry" should be defined. Webster's Online defines jewelry as: objects of precious metal often set with gems and worn for personal adornment.

A piece of string is not jewelry. The coach is a douche.

That's an excellent point.

On another front, the other coach should demand to see whether any of the douche's girls have nipple or genital piercings. Rules are rules.

ClevelandBronco 05-11-2010 05:05 PM

I mean, it's not like she circumvented the salary cap or something. :D