ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football NFL.com poll: Which running back will lead the NFL in rushing yards this season? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=229834)

bowener 06-23-2010 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 6839022)
I want you to keep your sig as is for at least one more year so we can point it out everytime McDumbass continues to dismantle your team.

Actually, that could be the best punishment for losing the bet.

King_Chief_Fan 06-23-2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6838827)
I'm not backing down. I don't know what the hell our offense is going to look like this year. I just want to see what we do in preseason for I make a sig bet. My sig kicks ass and I don't want to lose it.

sounds like pussy back peddeling to me.

Quesadilla Joe 06-23-2010 03:10 PM

Jamal Charles is a fast back that reminds me of a young Tatum Bell. I don't know how McDaniels plans on using Knowshon. Last year Knowshon and Buckhalter would swap series.

Los Pollos Hermanos 06-23-2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6837706)
Watch out for Knowshon Moreno.

Who? This guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-hqGroNreE

vailpass 06-23-2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 6839106)
sounds like pussy back peddeling to me.

The kid offered an opinion which last time I checked costs nothing. To place a wager on an opinion is another matter. The fact that he wants to gather sufficient data before committing to a be tells me two things:
1-he is wise enough not to bet with his heart over his head
2-he intends to pay his bet if he loses and therefore doesn't bet rashly

Knowmo's biggest crime is being a homer on an adversary's bb.

SDChiefs 06-23-2010 03:42 PM

Mods should step in and force the bet. Da Face?

footballguy84 06-23-2010 04:15 PM

I don't think Peterson stands a chance to lead this coming year, especially if Favre stays in Minnesota. With Harvin playing the slot I can see a more pass heavy offense with Peterson playing the "mix it up" role.

kysirsoze 06-23-2010 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDChiefs (Post 6839242)
Mods should step in and force the bet. Da Face?

That would cheapen it. If he doesn't think enough of Moreno to make the bet then that just means he's knows a bad bet when he sees one. It seems to me that there's more dishonor in not taking the bet than losing it, but that's his choice.

RNR 06-23-2010 04:50 PM

I would not be shocked to see your boy Charles among the leaders this year. If he stays healthy he is a spark plug~

ToxSocks 06-23-2010 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 6839390)
I would not be shocked to see your boy Charles among the leaders this year. If he stays healthy he is a spark plug~

That would be my only concern making the bet. If he stays healthy. If they both play 16 games, no doubt Charles would post better numbers running and catching.

Im not down on Moreno....but we've seen that kind of back over and over and over again. Nothing special. He hasn't shown he's a great back yet, doubt he ever will.

Charles OTOH.....Aside from Chris Johnson, we haven't seen a back like him since Billy White Shoes Johnson.

Farzin 06-23-2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsfansofDallas (Post 6839151)

Oh but don't forget! According to KnowMo, Jamaal Charles is a pussy after receiving a WWE-type suplex, yet he got back up and played. Moreno gets knocked and goes to the sideline!

Ugly Duck 06-23-2010 06:37 PM

Bill Williamson is a Denver homer that now writes for ESPN. Here's how he ranks his top 5 AFCW RBs:

1. Jamaal Charles, Kansas City: I think this guy is the next great running back star in the NFL. If the Chiefs can keep Charles healthy, he will be dynamite. He is a game breaker and he’s fun to watch. He ended the 2009 season with a 259-yard performance against Denver. I think that was a hint of big things to come from the player who is entering his third NFL season.

2. Thomas Jones, Kansas City: If the Chiefs are going to make big strides as a team in 2010, it will be because of their terrific 1-2 running back punch. Jones may be one of the best additions in the NFL this offseason. He will be 32 in August, but can still help in a big way. He was third in the NFL in rushing last season with 1,402 yards. He had 14 touchdowns. The guy can play.

3. Darren Sproles, San Diego: Sproles is a role player, but he is a spectacular role player. He can change games as a change-of-pace runner with his game-breaking ability. He is a dangerous receiver out of the backfield. When kept fresh, Sproles is a difference maker.

4. Michael Bush, Oakland: I really like this player. He is pounder that can wear defenses down. But he has to show his consistency. Perhaps this will be the season in which Bush breaks out for the 1,100- to 1,400-yard rushing season I think he is capable of achieving.

5. Knowshon Moreno, Denver: This is an interesting season for Moreno. He started well as a rookie last season, but slowed considerably as the season wore on. Denver has worked on getting a bigger offensive line and it is hoping that Moreno will be better prepared for the long haul. He is a talented player, but he needs to show he can stay consistent for an entire season and he needs to show more explosiveness than he did as the No. 12 overall pick last season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/12974

milkman 06-23-2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 6839406)
That would be my only concern making the bet. If he stays healthy. If they both play 16 games, no doubt Charles would post better numbers running and catching.

Im not down on Moreno....but we've seen that kind of back over and over and over again. Nothing special. He hasn't shown he's a great back yet, doubt he ever will.

Charles OTOH.....Aside from Chris Johnson, we haven't seen a back like him since Billy White Shoes Johnson.

Billy White Shoes Johnson was a WR who was used primarily as a returner.

milkman 06-23-2010 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6839150)
Jamal Charles is a fast back that reminds me of a young Tatum Bell. I don't know how McDaniels plans on using Knowshon. Last year Knowshon and Buckhalter would swap series.

JFC, you are a ****ing moron.

What does it take to be this ****ing stupid?
How is it even ****ing possible?

Tatum Bell?

LMAO

Farzin 06-23-2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 6839617)
Bill Williamson is a Denver homer that now writes for ESPN. Here's how he ranks his top 5 AFCW RBs:

1. Jamaal Charles, Kansas City: I think this guy is the next great running back star in the NFL. If the Chiefs can keep Charles healthy, he will be dynamite. He is a game breaker and he’s fun to watch. He ended the 2009 season with a 259-yard performance against Denver. I think that was a hint of big things to come from the player who is entering his third NFL season.

2. Thomas Jones, Kansas City: If the Chiefs are going to make big strides as a team in 2010, it will be because of their terrific 1-2 running back punch. Jones may be one of the best additions in the NFL this offseason. He will be 32 in August, but can still help in a big way. He was third in the NFL in rushing last season with 1,402 yards. He had 14 touchdowns. The guy can play.

3. Darren Sproles, San Diego: Sproles is a role player, but he is a spectacular role player. He can change games as a change-of-pace runner with his game-breaking ability. He is a dangerous receiver out of the backfield. When kept fresh, Sproles is a difference maker.

4. Michael Bush, Oakland: I really like this player. He is pounder that can wear defenses down. But he has to show his consistency. Perhaps this will be the season in which Bush breaks out for the 1,100- to 1,400-yard rushing season I think he is capable of achieving.

5. Knowshon Moreno, Denver: This is an interesting season for Moreno. He started well as a rookie last season, but slowed considerably as the season wore on. Denver has worked on getting a bigger offensive line and it is hoping that Moreno will be better prepared for the long haul. He is a talented player, but he needs to show he can stay consistent for an entire season and he needs to show more explosiveness than he did as the No. 12 overall pick last season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/12974

Moreno not even part of the top four. Most divisions will have a running back from each team ranked in the top four. OUCH! :D