ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life CNN Money's Top 100 places to live (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230569)

NewChief 07-12-2010 02:17 PM

This list is complete shit, no offfense to anyone who lives in one of these places.

NewChief 07-12-2010 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 6875245)
Rogers, AR made the top 10?

Exactly. Bullshit.

NewChief 07-12-2010 02:18 PM

Highlands Ranch, CO is also a souless suckhole (once again, no offense to anyone who lives there). It's clear that Money has a different idea of a good place to raise your family.

Suburban sprawl. Strip malls. Chain restaurants. Yehaw.

Frazod 07-12-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 6875248)
This list is complete shit, no offfense to anyone who lives in one of these places.

You live in Arkansas, right?

I guess Naperville doesn't have enough trailer parks for you. LMAO

SDChiefs 07-12-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 6875054)
I went to a P&L a month+ ago and must say it was better than I expected. Still, I go to Vegas, Cali, and the east coast a lot and the quality + quantity of hot women is not even close.

Still there is a trade off in terms of cost of living and those kinds of things. I have a good friend in SoCal and he makes a LOT of money. He told me you can't really live there happily without making 250K a year.

False. Being single you can live fine on 50K a year.

NewChief 07-12-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 6875259)
You live in Arkansas, right?

I guess Naperville doesn't have enough trailer parks for you. LMAO

I shouldn't say it's complete shit. Fort Collins, CO is a great place. There are probably lots of great places on the list. When I'm looking at my area, though, (northwest Arkansas) and I want to raise a family... Rogers isn't the first place that springs to mind.

Bugeater 07-12-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 6875248)

Yeah I'm not getting all the Minneapolis suburbs, I've been up there twice and it just seems like a bigger, colder version of Omaha.

Bugeater 07-12-2010 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 6875263)
I shouldn't say it's complete shit. Fort Collins, CO is a great place. There are probably lots of great places on the list. When I'm looking at my area, though, (northwest Arkansas) and I want to raise a family... Rogers isn't the first place that springs to mind.

Isn't the cost of living pretty low down there? And while I'm not real familiar with the area I know it's very nice just north of there up around Bella Vista.

Frazod 07-12-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

I love Naperville - its a great place to live.

The only drawback is the whole Illinois thing.

DeezNutz 07-12-2010 02:29 PM

Overland Park is a fantastic place to raise a family.

chiefsnorth 07-12-2010 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 6875264)
Yeah I'm not getting all the Minneapolis suburbs, I've been up there twice and it just seems like a bigger, colder version of Omaha.

WTF?

luv 07-12-2010 02:38 PM

Quote:

I'd pick Springfield, MO over nearly anyplace in Arkansas, especially Rogers. Also aver anyplace that's listed in OK.

Amnorix 07-12-2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 6874858)
I think Peabody should be on the list, just because of how you people pronounce it. That, and Manor, TX.

What about Worcester (Wuss-ter) or Gloucester (Gloss-ter)? Or even Quincy (Quin-zee)?

Bearcat 07-12-2010 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 6874939)
4 horrible seasons of weather, then I can see why Shawnee and Overland Park made the list.

If all 4 are horrible, what's left to like? :spock:

Lzen 07-12-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 6874845)
Heh...I'm not really sure. There is a feature on the site that lets you compare a city that isn't on the list with the top 10 in the list. I did that for Columbia, MO and it beat the top 10's averages in almost every category. I'm not saying Columbia is one of the top 10 (or even 50) cities to live in, but its clear they aren't basing the rankings on just the numbers they're listing.

The amount of MUrons per capita probably lowered the score quite a bit.

:D