ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Gretz On Cassel: Surviving The Process (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=233265)

CrazyHorse 09-11-2010 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 6993146)
crazy right?

all those great players we've drafted year after year that people are wrong about....

wait, wut?

people here defend dorsey like crazy, so you are either lying or just clueless

jackson...well, i'll let you defend that pick...i defended it last year and all it got me was fabulists like you making shit up...no true fan patted me on the back...

They werent defending him after year 1. They are only starting to. He's giving them no choice.

There would be no reason to defend him if someone wasnt cracking on him in the 1st place.....right?

DJ's left nut 09-11-2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyHorse (Post 6993158)
They werent defending him after year 1. They are only starting to. He's giving them no choice.

There would be no reason to defend him if someone wasnt cracking on him in the 1st place.....right?

Your point is that there wasn't 100% acceptance of Glenn Dorsey and thus the fake talent evaluators you're speaking of must've been the ones that were shitting on him?

That's just ridiculous.

You're painting with a wide brush and you appear to be doing so with cheap paint. Your point is as flimsy as it is overly broad.

Rain Man 09-11-2010 12:18 PM

to contradict my previous post, it's easy to say that we need to wait until cassel has talent around him, but it'd sure be nice to someday have a qb who elevates the talent around him instead of saying 'he'd be fine if he had a good rt and second wr'.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz 09-11-2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 6993170)
to contradict my previous post, it's easy to say that we need to wait until cassel has talent around him, but it'd sure be nice to someday have a qb who elevates the talent around him instead of saying 'he'd be fine if he had a good rt and second wr'.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cassel has the necessary talent right now. The line is adequate and the position players are competent.

The only thing we need to wait on is one of Cassel's wobble punts to come down.

Marcellus 09-11-2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6993178)
Cassel has the necessary talent right now. The line is adequate and the position players are competent.

The only thing we need to wait on is one of Cassel's wobble punts to come down.

See this is where you Cassel haters are wrong. Cassel is going to play just well enough to ensure we get stuck with him for several more years.

He will have a 63% completion rate, Throw more TD's than Int's and have a 85 QB rating. The offense will be a short pass, heavy run, play action based offense.

We will go 8-8 or maybe 9-7 and the team will say we are just a few pieces away from being a contender and go spend another 1st round pick on a DL or LB.

CrazyHorse 09-11-2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 6993155)
So you're saying that if the Chiefs drafted Sanchez and started him last year and he played about as well as he played in NY, you would doubt his abilities as a starting QB in the NFL. And you might even call him a bust.

No. I didn't say that.

Lets just say I dont have the keen evaluation talents as some. I dont make crack evaluations after one season. Or in some cases here, 1 play.

doomy3 09-11-2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 6993072)
If Pioli hadn't seen Cassel in action I'd be more pessimistic. As it is, I'm worried, but still have some hope. Pioli had to know that trading for Cassel and passing on a top draftee would be a key decision, so you'd think he wouldn't do it without a whole lot of confidence in Cassel.

Really, all we know so far is that Pioli likes Cassel better than Mark Sanchez and Jimmy Clausen. That's all we really know. It is completely possible that Cassel was brought in because he was a better option than Thigpen and Croyle in Pioli's eyes, and Pioli didn't like Sanchez. I still don't think Sanchez will ever be anywhere near a top-line NFL QB, so if passing on him and going with Cassel for a few years until we can get a top-line QB is what it takes, I'm in.

doomy3 09-11-2010 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 6993101)
I've said over and over again that it would ideal for our mythic first round pick to shit on the bench for a year....even stafford

that's why stashing Claussen on the bench behind Cassel....for a 2nd rounder was such a god damn no brainer, even if he sat 2-3 three years

this lie true fans tell about people being impatient is a projection...True Fans would be impatient because they want revenge for being called true fans while supporting one shitty QB after another....

people with an ounce of god damn sense know a guy coming straight from college takes time....

LMAO

That is even dumber than anything in the article.

DeezNutz 09-11-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 6993198)
See this is where you Cassel haters are wrong. Cassel is going to play just well enough to ensure we get stuck with him for several more years.

I'm not wrong because I've been suggesting the same thing since Weis was hired.

CrazyHorse 09-11-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 6993163)
Your point is that there wasn't 100% acceptance of Glenn Dorsey and thus the fake talent evaluators you're speaking of must've been the ones that were shitting on him?

That's just ridiculous.

You're painting with a wide brush and you appear to be doing so with cheap paint. Your point is as flimsy as it is overly broad.

The brush is only as broad as you make it.

Your defensive posture is telling.

Im not trying to get in a pissing contest. Simply making a statement of fact. Its not ridiculous. Not in the least. You may certainly disagree. I have no problem with that.

Maybe Im wrong.;)

the Talking Can 09-11-2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

He will have a 63% completion rate, Throw more TD's than Int's and have a 85 QB rating. The offense will be a short pass, heavy run, play action based offense.

We will go 8-8 or maybe 9-7 and the team will say we are just a few pieces away from being a contender and go spend another 1st round pick on a DL or LB.

i'd said the same thing several times

we're stuck with him for 4 years....and pioli zombie too

edit

i think he'll have an 80 rating

Marcellus 09-11-2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6993216)
I'm not wrong because I've been suggesting the same thing since Weis was hired.

Your wobble punt comment makes it sound like you expect him to just stink out loud. My bad.

Thing is many people are talking like we are going 6-10 or 4-12 again because of Cassel.

He won't play that bad, he won't be Aaron Rodgers or Drew Breese, ever, but he will play well enough we could win at least 8 games in my opinion and maybe 9.

Mainly due to Charles, Jones, Bowe, McCluster, Arenas, and a slightly improved defense and a better o-line.

How many games we win will likely depend on how healthy the team stays. We have zero depth.

Chiefs Pantalones 09-11-2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

I don't think so. I think he's either gonna do it big this year or be crap. He's not gonna be in between, but we'll see.

DeezNutz 09-11-2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 6993231)
Your wobble punt comment makes it sound like you expect him to just stink out loud. My bad.

Thing is many people are talking like we are going 6-10 or 4-12 again because of Cassel.

He won't play that bad, he won't be Arron Rodgers or Drew Breese, ever, but he will play well enough we could win at least 8 games in my opinion and maybe 9.

I don't think it's going to be a case of Cassel playing well so much as it's going to be the case of Weis simply not putting him in a position to fail.

He'll dink and dunk to a high percentage and decent TD-INT ratio, and stupid fans we'll claim he's improving, when Weis has actually bagged the ugly ****.

If he can consistently stretch the field and make wobble-punt posts look horribly misinformed, I'll concede improvement.

Fritz88 09-11-2010 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirForceChief (Post 6992972)

“Generally it’s pretty spot on what he sees. He sees the whole field. That was something that Kurt (Warner) was phenomenal at. A quarterback has to have great vision. Matt sees what’s happening.”

o' really?