ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ****The Official "It's time for me to eat shit on the McCluster pick" Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=234150)

ChiefsCountry 09-26-2010 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7038686)
as soon as people apologize for the entirety of the 2009 draft

sure

we were wrong about a slot wr

pioli was wrong about the franchise qb

This. :clap:

BigRedChief 09-26-2010 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 7037925)
****ing crown his ass. He is dynamic, and more important than anyone else we could've taken at that point. I know nothing. Great ****ing call, Scott!

Thats why he is the GM and we arn't.

As a supporter of his for Chiefs GM since 2004 I do have to still question his judgement on Cassel. But even if Cassell is a flop, his ratio of hits vs. misses is leaning towards the positive side.

Rigodan 09-26-2010 08:36 PM

It still doesn't change the fact that McCluster is redundant.

He is a great returner but Javier Arenas looks just as good.

On offense he had 2 carries for -1 yards and caught 3 passes out of the backfield for 69 yards. Charles could have taken those snaps and we probably wouldn't have noticed a difference. They were great plays but it's not that much different than having Charles back there if you're gonna use him like that.

Until he starts catching passes out of the slot or is effective for 8-10 touches a game i'm not ready to call it a good pick. McCluster is doing things that other guys on the roster can do just as well as him. Seems redundant to me.

Saul Good 09-26-2010 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7039151)
I would never want someone who is "just a guy" with a second round pick, either. The argument, since you're too dishonest to acknwoledge it, was that a foundational talent would a much better pick that a slot WR whose size makes it more likely that he won't be an impact player when the Chiefs are ready to compete for a championship. The argument is essentially long-term thinking vs short-term.

You're such a dishonest sonofabitch.

The argument is whether or not McCluster was a good pick in the second round of the draft, not whether some theoretical player might have had a larger impact. This was a solid pick, and the early returns show that it has the potential to be a homerun. I didn't like the pick at the time, as I would have taken Cody and Clausen in the second round. I'm just honest enough to admit that having this guy changes the entire complexion of the game.

We have so much more speed with McCluster and JC in the game than we did at this time last year that it makes the entire offense better. Maybe Clausen and Cody turn out to be even better, and maybe they don't. That doesn't make Dex a bad pick.

dirk digler 09-26-2010 08:53 PM

No problem Flopnuts. You ****ed up along with others. :D

Brock 09-26-2010 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigodan (Post 7041738)
It still doesn't change the fact that McCluster is redundant.

He is a great returner but Javier Arenas looks just as good.

On offense he had 2 carries for -1 yards and caught 3 passes out of the backfield for 69 yards. Charles could have taken those snaps and we probably wouldn't have noticed a difference. They were great plays but it's not that much different than having Charles back there if you're gonna use him like that.

Until he starts catching passes out of the slot or is effective for 8-10 touches a game i'm not ready to call it a good pick. McCluster is doing things that other guys on the roster can do just as well as him. Seems redundant to me.

Wow, dumb.

Saul Good 09-26-2010 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7041848)
Wow, dumb.

It's a little known fact that, in the NFL, you only need one fast guy who can make big plays on your team.

tk13 09-26-2010 09:01 PM

I would love to see Charles and Dex in a foot race. It's crazy to say someone is faster than Charles, but Dex might be the guy. He is an absolutely devastating weapon out there. While everyone else will bang on the Charles train... I'm not sure Dex isn't the guy we aren't giving enough touches. His top speed out there is frightening.

Also loved all the formations and shifting we were throwing out there today with Jones, Charles, and Dex on the field. That is some serious firepower.

Rigodan 09-26-2010 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7041848)
Wow, dumb.

Seriously, I don't see what he is adding at this point? All his big plays were out of the backfield while Charles was out of the game. And its not like Charles is getting overworked and needs a breather.

Saul Good 09-26-2010 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 7041886)
I would love to see Charles and Dex in a foot race. It's crazy to say someone is faster than Charles, but Dex might be the guy. He is an absolutely devastating weapon out there. While everyone else will bang on the Charles train... I'm not sure Dex isn't the guy we aren't giving enough touches. His top speed out there is frightening.

Also loved all the formations and shifting we were throwing out there today with Jones, Charles, and Dex on the field. That is some serious firepower.

Charles is faster. Dex is quicker.

Coach 09-26-2010 09:03 PM

I never questioned the pick. It was obvious that the previous year, we had Bobby ****ing Wade, and Lance ****ing Long. KC needed playmakers outside of Charles, and it needed it in a bad way.

This kid is worlds better than those two stooges combined.

LOCOChief 09-26-2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7038056)
I won't eat shit on the pick until I see McCluster healthy and productive in his third season. I will, however, cheer him on and hope that he gets there.

You might not be ready to " eat shit on the pick" until year 3 but I'll bet you gobbel a bunch of weinies between now and then. Am I right or what?

Rigodan 09-26-2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 7041886)

This is what I'm saying. We almost don't have enough touches to use Dex properly. Why would we use an early second round pick on a guy that is either going to take touches away from Charles or sit on the bench and not get enough touches.

Brock 09-26-2010 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigodan (Post 7041892)
Seriously, I don't see what he is adding at this point? All his big plays were out of the backfield while Charles was out of the game. And its not like Charles is getting overworked and needs a breather.

Yeah, it's not like this team can use a guy who can score from anyplace on the field and is a super dangerous returner. :shake:

Rigodan 09-26-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7041923)
Yeah, it's not like this team can use a guy who can score from anyplace on the field and is a super dangerous returner. :shake:

See Charles, Jamaal and Arenas, Javier.

redundant

If he can do we he did today from the slot that's different but he didn't do anything in the previous 2 games and made a difference today when he was lined up in the backfield.