ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Have you ever been scammed? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241222)

Mr. Flopnuts 02-04-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Over-Head (Post 7406786)
Laws in NL are basically ya aint got a pot to piss in.
You got 30 days after you finish the job to have a lien in place, (wh8ich includes the client being informed by sherriff) NOT 30 off invoice.

Got a few grand outa it, but will never see the rest. My laywer even said take it, and write it the rest off. It's all you can do.

With it being a civil matter he can play the "sorry i'm not avaliable for that court date" game forever like it's been done to several others.

Very expensive lesson, but now i'm 3-5 days COD off invoice with 15.9% intrest per month or any part of.
First time contractors are COD as soon as I drop the pole sander, or pack up my paint sprayer depending on the job.

At 14 I start the lien process NO EXCEPTIONS.

I would spend money plastering their thieving asses all over that island if it were me. I'd post copies of the contract in the local newspapers as well as copies of checks (sorry Canuck, cheques) and basically label them as deadbeats. That's a small community. It would probably humiliate them.

Iowanian 02-04-2011 05:19 PM

Late this fall, we were moving my brother into his new house...which is alone on the end of a lane. We were in the back, unloading guns and were looking over some of the collection.

About that time, we heard someone holler as they came around the house....It was the guy in the meat truck who "Just had someone back out and if he can sell this last little bit he can go home".....heard it before.

He walks around the corner to see 3 of us holding AR's and the other brother is just about to crack off a .308 round just as he came into site.

That's the closest I've seen a scammer physically turn their butthole inside out by leaving so fast.

Iowanian 02-04-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 7406776)
My list is long and distinguished. Not the Nigerian kind of scam more people that worked for me kinda scams. I'm sure its into the 100's of thousands over the years.

Hey there Dave....have I got a deal for you to help you unscrew yourself over those past experiences....sit down and lets talk for a while...no pressure but this is happening now and I'm going to talk to another guy at dinner.

Over-Head 02-04-2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 7406788)
Wow.

I need to be harder on my customers that don't pay.

man it rotts me.
I spent 16 stright 18 hour days taping this house solo.
6900 floor space, over 3 floors.
Main room was 20ft x 20ft x 20ft high (thats the room with the medallion in it.)

I invoiced middle of teh following week, waited for him to trim it, then the ****er just waited another week of dodging my calls, and actually hiding his truck down around the back of this house in the Snow mobile garage till all the subs he had stiffed had waited their turn.

Even the wife got snowed by this clown...he's that smooth a talker.
Oh well, one of these days ill win the lotto...and Mr Karma is gonna pay him a visit :evil:

DaFace 02-04-2011 05:27 PM

Sigh...

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=145722

trndobrd 02-04-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Over-Head (Post 7406801)
man it rotts me.
I spent 16 stright 18 hour days taping this house solo.
6900 floor space, over 3 floors.
Main room was 20ft x 20ft x 20ft high (thats the room with the medallion in it.)

I invoiced middle of teh following week, waited for him to trim it, then the ****er just waited another week of dodging my calls, and actually hiding his truck down around the back of this house in the Snow mobile garage till all the subs he had stiffed had waited their turn.

Even the wife got snowed by this clown...he's that smooth a talker.
Oh well, one of these days ill win the lotto...and Mr Karma is gonna pay him a visit :evil:

Sometimes Karma visits in the middle of the night with Never Grow and spells "DEADBEAT" in the lawn. It's been known to happen.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-04-2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7406802)

You ever recoup any money from that?

trndobrd 02-04-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7406802)

Between the ticket scam and that Colorado Job scam you got hooked into, that's pretty tough.

Rain Man 02-04-2011 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trndobrd (Post 7406809)
Between the ticket scam and that Colorado Job scam you got hooked into, that's pretty tough.

Hey, he'll get paid eventually. The payroll company has just messed up his enrollment form for the past several years. I'll get it fixed.

DaFace 02-04-2011 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 7406807)
You ever recoup any money from that?

Na. I could've tried to get his wages garnished, but he was in it for over $100k in total from people, and he's still in jail today. It was at the end of my college career, and I decided to stop beating myself up about it and move on with life. Buried my evidence file in the back of a drawer and let it go.

Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of dough, but the amount of effort I would have had to go through to get any of it would have been incredible. I just decided to move on and chalk it up to a really expensive lesson learned.

ToxSocks 02-04-2011 05:34 PM

Purchased a counterfeit "CHI" flat Iron on Craigs list. If anyone has a wife that uses one of these, you know exactly how ridiculously over priced these things are.

thought i'd go cheap and snag one off of Craigslist to replace her broken one. I knew there were counterfeit pieces out there so i did my homework.

Or so i thought.

Later i realized how elaborate the scam was. Apparently counterfeit beauty products is a huge industry. The scammers put all sorts of misinformation online on various websites on how to distinguish a fake CHI vs a real CHI.

Of course all the info led you to believe the fake one was the real one. Purchased it. Took it home. Instantly she said, "This is fake". She could tell instantly by the amount of travel in the "Floating Ceramic Plates".

It was only 40 bucks....but still....****ers.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-04-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7406814)
Na. I could've tried to get his wages garnished, but he was in it for over $100k in total from people, and he's still in jail today. It was at the end of my college career, and I decided to stop beating myself up about it and move on with life. Buried my evidence file in the back of a drawer and let it go.

Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of dough, but the amount of effort I would have had to go through to get any of it would have been incredible. I just decided to move on and chalk it up to a really expensive lesson learned.

Yeah. You could also incur additional expense and have him change jobs or whatnot, and still not get anything. If he's still in jail, the chances of that guy ever making any honest money is slim and none. I missed the original thread, sorry it happened man. Thieves suck. Hopefully this one is in jail swallowing.

salame 02-04-2011 05:37 PM

http://themavesite.com/TMS-Pictures/...1/ItsMyPig.jpg

KurtCobain 02-04-2011 05:57 PM

I bought a playoff ticket this year.

cdcox 02-04-2011 06:02 PM

"I know where you got those shoes!"