ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life So who here has ever hooked up with someone via the Internet? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241247)

Dunit35 02-05-2011 07:43 PM

My father met his online 10 years ago, getting married next week.

JOhn 02-06-2011 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 7407879)
Met my wife on the Internet. We have lived together for 8 years and been married for 6. It wasn't a match site or anything just a chat room I used to go to.

This tends to be how I have/Am meeting some pretty cool women.

Not into the casual thing, as working in the Hotel/tourism biz I get all of that I want or need. :D

I have a couple that I'm talking to, one who I have been talking to for over a year is in Kentucky & planning to come out the end of the month.

The other one, is actually someone I went to HS with, but never really knew then. Funny how we had so much in common then & now.

Al Bundy 02-06-2011 01:18 AM

I have.

Saccopoo 02-06-2011 03:58 AM

Never even tried looking online. Seems somewhat "lazy" though on both sides.

I did bang some pretty nice looking broad that I picked up at the grocery store last week though. Does that count?

Pushead2 02-06-2011 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 7409882)

I did bang some pretty nice looking broad that I picked up at the grocery store last week though. Does that count?

I wouldn't describe it as lazy, but I will say it's a great way to get to know each other. One of my ex's & I worked together but we sat on opposites sides of the office. We used to chat it up via AIM at work. Got to know each other, when I left for tour came back & asked her out only because I knew her & got to know her.

Shit, if there was no communication via the interwebs, I would have never had that chance. It's a useful tool & certainly better then the 80s & 90s call chat lines lol.

KcMizzou 02-06-2011 04:13 AM

I have a couple of times. Didn't work out in the long run, but I wouldn't call them horror stories. Both were (and are) really good girls. I figure it's just about like meeting someone anywhere else.

Pushead2 02-06-2011 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 7409892)
I have a couple of times. Didn't work out in the long run, but I wouldn't call them horror stories. Both were (and are) really good girls. I figure it's just about like meeting someone anywhere else.

you be coptoring the bitches?:thumb:

JOhn 02-06-2011 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushead2 (Post 7409885)
I wouldn't describe it as lazy, but I will say it's a great way to get to know each other. One of my ex's & I worked together but we sat on opposites sides of the office. We used to chat it up via AIM at work. Got to know each other, when I left for tour came back & asked her out only because I knew her & got to know her.

Shit, if there was no communication via the interwebs, I would have never had that chance. It's a useful tool & certainly better then the 80s & 90s call chat lines lol.

This is kind of how I look at it....:thumb:

RedNFeisty 02-06-2011 09:58 AM

I've tried a couple of sites, nothing worth writing home about.

JD10367 02-06-2011 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOhn (Post 7409802)
The other one, is actually someone I went to HS with, but never really knew then. Funny how we had so much in common then & now.

You both had sex with the star quarterback? :D

JD10367 02-06-2011 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 7409882)

Again, herein lies the difference between using dating sites--or using the Internet as a dating site--and just trying to meet people and be social. In my experience, if you go "looking" it's hard to find. If you're not "looking" and just being social, you tend to find it. Relationships are weird. When you're in one, you can never imagine not being in one, and when you're not in one you can never imagine being in one again. But every time I've "given up looking" and just decided to enjoy life, I immediately met someone. I've had three long-term relationships and in none of them was I actually "looking", I just talked to them and it happened.

And I'm no male model. So, the moral of the story is: if you hook them with conversation, you can sneak the fastball of ugliness by them. :D

JOhn 02-07-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNFeisty (Post 7410060)
I've tried a couple of sites, nothing worth writing home about.

Which site would that be? :p

JOhn 02-07-2011 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 7410065)
You both had sex with the star quarterback? :D

No, but there was this night at band camp :banghead:

Over-Head 02-07-2011 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOhn (Post 7414321)
Which site would that be? :p

www.cougarlife.com :D

JOhn 02-12-2011 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Over-Head (Post 7414328)

:thumb:ROFL

Actually I have a lady I met who is coming up from Kentucky to meet me at the first of the month. So we'll just have to see how it goes, I'm hopeful.

And yea I've done some discreet background checking on her, thank you to my sister who works at the Sheriff's dept back in MO. :thumb: