ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Doing the right thing. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242006)

SDChiefs 02-24-2011 05:31 PM

Go postal. And the usps wonders why no one goes with them anymore.

MTG#10 02-24-2011 07:05 PM

Shit just got real

Bugeater 02-24-2011 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 7451633)
Well, I am that guy. And I would love to have received it.
And it is pretty darn awkward, to say the least.

I asked Phil for advice, and he was doing me a favor, and he had a brand new unit he wanted to sell.

I paid him immediately, and the package was last documented at a fully automated postal facility in KC.

I have talked to the post office on the subject four times now. Normally, it would take $120 to get me to put up with a robot operator that long once, not four times. The most recent time was today while I was getting my stress test.

Illinois, can't get ahold of a live body in KC, it is fully automated and nobody will answer their phone. Now they are going to try involve their headquarters, to try and get KC to respond.

They mentioned it might be stuck on a conveyor somewhere, but who knows. Some of this is new information to Phil, as the post office still thinks I might get it. they don't seem to think 3 weeks is out the ordinary.

Paypal told me to forget about it. All I want to do is nail up some trim, not lose a friend.

Well shit Ed, I thought we were talking about an anonymous buyer, not a good friend of his. I'd take your word in a heartbeat.

Simply Red 02-24-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 7450864)
I need some help making a decision.

Somebody I know contacted me asking for advice on a finish nailer purchase. I gave him several options and then remembered I had one new out in my shop I wasn't using. I looked up the lowest price on ebay $150 and gave it to him for $120.

Sent it via USPS priority Feb 4th. Hasn't arrived to his house. USPS says we're screwed - they lost it but don't offer anything at all.

I have a couple used finish guns or a new brad nailer I've offered.

I don't know the other guy's proposed solution. We haven't talked about it since yesterday. I'm not sure I'm on the hook for the entire $120 since I did everything right. I definitely don't think he should absorb the entire cost either.

So, what do think?

why is USPS Saying you're screwed? pardon - i haven't read the whole thread yet.

Bugeater 02-24-2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 7451654)
why is USPS Saying you're screwed? pardon - i haven't read the whole thread yet.

Because they can.

Simply Red 02-24-2011 07:17 PM

If you let them, i'm masterful at it though, nothing beats persistent pissed off'edness, while stating facts and NOT going away. ... oh and tone, tone is important.

Simply Red 02-24-2011 07:18 PM

of course - I'm talking of UPS and FedEx - this (USPS) is probably an entirely different animal.

DaFace 02-24-2011 07:19 PM

It may still show up. They sometimes lose shit, but always has the address on it.

I until then, however, it's probably on the seller as others have said.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-24-2011 07:22 PM

Ask him if some boar semen would suffice for compensation and I'll be glad to help you out at no charge.

This time.

Simply Red 02-24-2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 7451681)
Ask him if some boar semen would suffice for compensation and I'll be glad to help you out at no charge.

This time.

I wonder if that'd be a good protein treatment for hair?

Hammock Parties 02-24-2011 08:04 PM

Sounds like karma is holding you accountable Phil.

Bad things happen to shitheads.

Phobia 02-24-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 7451680)
I am glad Phil started this thread, I am open to suggestions on a resolution. Hopefully a lesson can be learned from this, with no hard feelings.

There's not gonna be any hard feelings on my end period. Business is business and friends are friends. I've already transferred the money back into my paypal account so as soon as it hits I'll push it through. Or for $75, I'll ship your choice of Porter Cable angled finish nailer or brand new Senco brad nailer. I'll ship UPS or Fedex priority this time - as my treat up to $20.

Phobia 02-24-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClayWhit (Post 7451748)
Sounds like karma is holding you accountable Phil.

Bad things happen to shitheads.

If I'm a bad person because I refuse to put up with your crap for more than 6 years of my life then I'll own it. You didn't think I was a bad person when I was coddling you. I can't be your cyber-daddy forever. I've disowned you and now you're paying for being a slow learner.

WV 02-24-2011 08:32 PM

So listen.....this Finish Nailer just showed up at my house and I didn't order one. What should I do with it? :)

Iowanian 02-24-2011 08:35 PM

I think it's on you this time.