ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports You get to change one game in sports history (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244446)

KCinNY 04-27-2011 06:51 PM

Question for the CP Husker fans(old enough to remember the '83 Orange Bowl):

I always admired Osbourne for going for the win in that game, but...why the hell didn't he run the option for the 2 pointer instead of a low percentage pass play? Miami was getting killed by the option in the second half of that game and they only needed 2 freakin' yards!

Pasta Little Brioni 04-27-2011 07:37 PM

Another killer for Cleveland fans was Game 7 of the World Series against Florida...Jose Mesa.

listopencil 04-27-2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 7596895)

1997 AFC Playoffs - Chiefs beat Broncos. (We did, by the way.) Vanquish the cheaters and win another game or so, and we play the Falcons in the Super Bowl. The Falcons. Talk about a gift.

You are such a bitter little guy sometimes. Marty refusing to go with Gannon severely weakened your Offense. It also blew your chance to win that game. 4th and 1 and you are down by 4 with...what...37 seconds left on the clock? You have arguably THE BEST short yardage RB in the history of the NFL on your roster. Gannon would not even have looked to the sidelines. He would have handed it off on and gotten the first, then spiked it to stop the clock. Then see what you can do with three plays and half a minute left. Instead Grbblfrrblback stands around staring at the sidelines. So 30 seconds later they have no choice but to lob a desperation pass into the endzone...into the teeth of the Broncos pass defense. Game over. The two teams were pretty well matched that year. We split our games in the regular season. But...the Broncos beat the Chiefs on the field. The Chiefs were out played and out coached. The end. Get over it.

Hammock Parties 04-27-2011 07:41 PM

Actually the only thing that weakened our offense in that game was our rushing attack getting shut down. Grbac had a good game and had a good year. Gannon was not Montana.

We had 77 ****ing rushing yards in that game.

We lost that game because the refs took 3 points from us due to a phantom hold and another 4 points from us on Gonzalez's would-be TD.

We get those, we win, beat the shit out of Kordell Stewart and **** up Favre in the Super Bowl and become a dynasty.

listopencil 04-27-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red 5 (Post 7597116)
Actually the only thing that weakened our offense in that game was our rushing attack getting shut down. Grbac had a good game and had a good year. Gannon was not Montana.

We had 77 ****ing rushing yards in that game.

Gannon in his prime opened rushing lanes because he was very accurate on the run and in the short-to-intermediate passing game. He was also a quick thinker and pretty savvy. If it weren't for Gannon the Chiefs never would have gotten to that game.

listopencil 04-27-2011 07:47 PM

I was gonna say something about blaming the refs but Jeebus, nice avatar.

suzzer99 04-27-2011 07:48 PM

Chiefs/Miami bullshit ****ing holding call on Dave Szott. I seriously think that one was rigged. That team was so good with DeBerg that year. We win that game maybe it's our Tuck Rule game that launches a dynasty. Instead it's same old cursed bullshit forever.

Honorable mention to Watson not overshooting the 18th at Turnberry. Still not over that one.

suzzer99 04-27-2011 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 7596881)
#1 KSU losing to aTm in the B12 CG. That loss cost them a shot at the NC Game against Tennessee.:banghead:

And they were up by 16 with like 4 minutes left. How the **** do you lose that? Bishop and Snyder choked in that one btw.

Hammock Parties 04-27-2011 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 7597128)
Gannon in his prime opened rushing lanes because he was very accurate on the run and in the short-to-intermediate passing game. He was also a quick thinker and pretty savvy. If it weren't for Gannon the Chiefs never would have gotten to that game.

LMAO

Well, that team was formidable no matter who was playing QB that year. Grbac was 8-2 and it's not like he pulled a Bono in that game. We moved the ball.

But he choked, no doubt.

Direckshun 04-27-2011 07:52 PM

This isn't what the thread OP intended, but I would have kept Len Bias alive.

mlyonsd 04-27-2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 7597103)
You are such a bitter little guy sometimes. Marty refusing to go with Gannon severely weakened your Offense. It also blew your chance to win that game. 4th and 1 and you are down by 4 with...what...37 seconds left on the clock? You have arguably THE BEST short yardage RB in the history of the NFL on your roster. Gannon would not even have looked to the sidelines. He would have handed it off on and gotten the first, then spiked it to stop the clock. Then see what you can do with three plays and half a minute left. Instead Grbblfrrblback stands around staring at the sidelines. So 30 seconds later they have no choice but to lob a desperation pass into the endzone...into the teeth of the Broncos pass defense. Game over. The two teams were pretty well matched that year. We split our games in the regular season. But...the Broncos beat the Chiefs on the field. The Chiefs were out played and out coached. The end. Get over it.

I was there and I can't really argue with any of this. Although it was a BS phantom call.

If Marty goes with Gannon in that game we win by 40 and then the SB by 35.

stonedstooge 04-27-2011 07:52 PM

The game Bo Jackson was tackled and injured in. Guy was an awesome physical specimen

Bugeater 04-27-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCinNY (Post 7596995)
Question for the CP Husker fans(old enough to remember the '83 Orange Bowl):

I always admired Osbourne for going for the win in that game, but...why the hell didn't he run the option for the 2 pointer instead of a low percentage pass play? Miami was getting killed by the option in the second half of that game and they only needed 2 freakin' yards!

Gimmick offenses don't work well in goal line situations.

Thig Lyfe 04-27-2011 07:59 PM

I'd make the Chiefs lose to the Seahawks last year so people wouldn't get to point at that game as an example of Cassel "starting to get it."

suzzer99 04-27-2011 08:06 PM

If I had 10 of these I'd spend one letting DT get his 8th sack on Krieg.