ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs QB Ricky Stanzi Iowa (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244601)

Bewbies 04-30-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROR (Post 7608988)
Eh, let's let him work with Zorn for a year whilst The Turdwhacker continues to build a case against himself.

That case has already been closed. :evil:

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-30-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 7608995)
That case has already been closed. :evil:

63 million reasons to revoke this "Executive of the Year"-horseshit.

aturnis 04-30-2011 01:56 PM

Mel Kiper on the Stanzi pick.

"I like this kid," Kiper said. "I'm not going to say Tom Brady -- Big Ten, No. 12. 6'4", 225 pounds, very accurate in the pocket. He takes snaps from under center. He's pro-style all the way. Veteran of the collegiate ranks. Stayed his whole career there working for Kirk Feretnz getting the job done for the Iowa Hawkeyes. I like the way he improved.

"I didn't like the fourth quarter metldowns. The fourth quarter as a junior was outstanding. Made some big throws. This year he completed only 56.3 percent in the fourth quarter. When you talk about a kid on third down completing 69.2 percent of his passes, seven touchdowns, zero interceptions. Remember Tony Moeaki last year? Stanzi allowed him to be successful there. Good football player. He'll provide competition on Matt Cassel."

Wilson8 04-30-2011 02:18 PM

Footballoutsiders has a story concerning stats and prediction on an NFL career...

Important stats: 35 games started, 59.8% completion rate, senior passer rating improved 26.0 points.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...r-forecast-v20

BigRedChief 04-30-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 7608947)
THIS.
Brodie is FINALLY G-O-N-E.

I wonder if we can work out a deal to have the Mrs. stay?

Titty Meat 04-30-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 7609126)
I wonder if we can work out a deal to have the Mrs. stay?

A bad yeast infection could keep her bedside for awhile.

Bewbies 04-30-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROR (Post 7609001)
63 million reasons to revoke this "Executive of the Year"-horseshit.

As much as I hate Cassel I'm not sold he didn't make a good move there. Detroit wanted Stafford, and it's pretty clear the Jets wanted Sanchez. With everyone trying to move out of the top of that draft I'm not sure we would have landed Sanchez anyway.....

Hard to believe we win 2 freaking games and end up with the 3rd pick that year. Terrible. :banghead:

Bewbies 04-30-2011 02:45 PM

In hindsight the big miss was Freeman, but I don't think too many people saw him developing this quickly.

Red Dawg 04-30-2011 02:47 PM

He's a throw back kid that plays with heart, a little anger and purpose. He doesn't like to lose pure and simple.

Fritz88 04-30-2011 03:05 PM

Horrible pick. I am just glad we felt the need to address this position.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-30-2011 03:42 PM

Solid selection with a 5th.

T-post Tom 04-30-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 7608855)
I've had discussions on Stanzi over and over. I live in Iowa City, and have watched Stanzi play his entire career, and my opinion has been formed of him over his career.

I could be very wrong, and I hope I am. But, I really felt his improvement on the INT's happened not because of him, but because of the extremely short leash he was on. Stanzi has made some great plays over his career....And some extremely terrible ones that I can't get over easily.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jim Zorn will have him throwing TDs & dating a supermodel in no time. No worries. :thumb:

herkyhawkeye 04-30-2011 04:27 PM

The naysayers in this thread are ridiculous. You just picked up a guy that many thought was a 3rd rounder. The talent gap is minimal(if at all depending on opinions) between Stanzi and the trio of Dalton,Kaepernick, and Ponder. They went in the top 35 Stanzi went 135.

He isnt missing any tools that are necessary to succeed in the league, has prototypical size, and is a gamer. He continually improved his entire career and has a very good work ethic. He is a PR dream with the media and gained high praise in the locker room. Guy is a film room rat with a high work ethic. Never received proper tutelage in college(Iowas QB coach is a OC who has shown no ability of development in the past). The guys game compares to Tom Brady and he comes from a Pro Style system that translates extremely well to the league and expecially the KC Chiefs. The guys favorite target was Tony Moeaki. High upside and no major weaknesses or character flaws.

This was a great pick and probably has more value at where he was drafted than any other QB. I came on here last year and schooled the naysayers on Moeaki and im doing it again right here. Another great pick for a KC draft class that is turning out to be one of the best in the entire draft.

Fritz88 04-30-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herkyhawkeye (Post 7609768)
The naysayers in this thread are ridiculous. You just picked up a guy that many thought was a 3rd rounder. The talent gap is minimal(if at all depending on opinions) between Stanzi and the trio of Dalton,Kaepernick, and Ponder. They went in the top 35 Stanzi went 135.

He isnt missing any tools that are necessary to succeed in the league, has prototypical size, and is a gamer. He continually improved his entire career and has a very good work ethic. He is a PR dream with the media and gained high praise in the locker room. Guy is a film room rat with a high work ethic. Never received proper tutelage in college(Iowas QB coach is a OC who has shown no ability of development in the past). The guys game compares to Tom Brady and he comes from a Pro Style system that translates extremely well to the league and expecially the KC Chiefs. The guys favorite target was Tony Moeaki. High upside and no major weaknesses or character flaws.

This was a great pick and probably has more value at where he was drafted than any other QB. I came on here last year and schooled the naysayers on Moeaki and im doing it again right here. Another great pick for a KC draft class that is turning out to be one of the best in the entire draft.

Molest me.
Posted via Mobile Device

NewChief 04-30-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herkyhawkeye (Post 7609768)

If he says stupid shit like the comments about hippies and how they aren't going anywhere and doing anything then follows it up with the fact that he didn't vote, then he's not a PR dream. He came off as a moron in that clip.