ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Fox's 'Terra Nova' (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=245180)

WhiteWhale 09-28-2011 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 7949258)
The guy mentioned that the jungle was "survivable" when they went to look for the kids, and indicated he'd made it like 180 days or something OTG.

Oh sure those kids could have survived by staying in the car, but apparently armored Cars in the future shipped to the past are made of plastic. One of our modern day armored Cars would have just gotten some scratches and dents from those things... at worst.

I'm actually talking about building that ENORMOUS compound.

Deberg_1990 09-28-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 7950992)
Oh sure those kids could have survived by staying in the car, but apparently armored Cars in the future shipped to the past are made of plastic. One of our modern day armored Cars would have just gotten some scratches and dents from those things... at worst.

I'm actually talking about building that ENORMOUS compound.

Whats funny is, those kids had been there for years and had probably gone outside the compound numerious times. So the first time the main characters kid shows up and decides to go with is when they get into trouble? heh, im sure we could all tear this show apart if we wanted to. Numerious contrived situations, and cliches.......it is what it is. A family sci-Fi show, made to please 4 quadrants. Its not meant to be serious Sci-Fi.

Silock 09-29-2011 04:57 AM

Just watched it. Not bad. Writing felt a lot like Smallville to me. Lots of cheesy, non-sensical crap mixed in with some intriguing plotlines.

I'll give it a shot.

big nasty kcnut 09-30-2011 05:42 PM

Saw it but one question how the heck did they had that kid in the backpack and didn't make a sound.

Deberg_1990 10-05-2011 07:49 AM

Watched the 2nd episode last night. Not sure how much longer i will continue to watch. I felt like i was watching a bad episode of something on the SyFy channel....Attack of the prehistoric birds! Oh noes!!

The writing and characters are all dumbed down for teen appeal IMO. The only thing i really truly like about the show is Stephen Lang.

Fish 10-05-2011 08:51 AM

Yeah... that second episode was rather lousy.

This series kinda feels like Earth 2....

vailpass 10-05-2011 10:43 AM

LOL at grown men critiquing a family show for innacuracies and scientific improbabilities. My little boys think it is entertaining, at least so far. They want more dinos.

Deberg_1990 10-05-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7969363)
My little boys think it is entertaining, at least so far. They want more dinos.

Thats cool....its obvious thats the intended target audience. I just prefer something with a little more edge.

keg in kc 10-05-2011 10:58 AM

Yeah, you definitely can't have accurate science on a family show. That's like unpossible or something.

vailpass 10-05-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7969395)
Yeah, you definitely can't have accurate science on a family show. That's like unpossible or something.

We enjoy plenty of that on Discovery, NatGeo, PBS, etc. That doesn't mean there is no room for shows that are for fun. School is very intense for kids these days, a little fun for fun's sake is a good thing IMHO.

vailpass 10-05-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7969375)
Thats cool....its obvious thats the intended target audience. I just prefer something with a little more edge.

I hear you. There is definetely no edge on TN, it's all pretty well rounded off.

BigRichard 10-05-2011 01:07 PM

The little bird trying to force itself in the door when the son was closing it was just horrible. Oh noes, I can't overpower a bird that by the looks of it weighs maybe 20 pounds. That was bad.

keg in kc 10-05-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7969426)
We enjoy plenty of that on Discovery, NatGeo, PBS, etc. That doesn't mean there is no room for shows that are for fun. School is very intense for kids these days, a little fun for fun's sake is a good thing IMHO.

Yeah, because scientific accuracy can't possibly be fun.

Bob Dole 10-05-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7969426)
School is very intense for kids these days, a little fun for fun's sake is a good thing IMHO.

What with learnings their goes-into and times stuffs?

007 10-05-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7969363)
LOL at grown men critiquing a family show for innacuracies and scientific improbabilities. My little boys think it is entertaining, at least so far. They want more dinos.

THIS JFC
Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7969395)

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7969761)
Yeah, because scientific accuracy can't possibly be fun.

Not every show has to be historically or scientifically accurate. Why are you even paying attention to this thread if the show sucks that much for you?