ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Branden Albert is innocent. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249030)

TRR 08-27-2011 09:20 AM

#1: Late or not, it hit Bowe right in the chest. He has to catch that ball if he considers himself elite. That has to be caught by an NFL receiver.

#2: Albert blocked nobody on that play. He has to help Moeaki on that play and Moeaki has to funnel the rusher inside rather than get beat outside. Albert needs to understand that he needs to get out and help Moeaki singled up.
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15 08-27-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7855513)
I saved this play....and he definitely got interfered with. It'll be in this week's Gif'd Up. The ball is in the air and the DB is all over Bowe.

And he can be right on him - that's his job.

Now, if he grabbed Bowe or hooked an arm, that's a different story.

Personally, I'm more concerned that we're running routes short of the marker on 3rd down. Again.

the Talking Can 08-27-2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7855522)
Houston had better be a player.

If not, it's going to be a long year against the rush. And with Belcher's issues in pass coverage and often playing the strong side, the left side of our defense is going to be abused if that's the best we can do.

i think Houston just needs reps, and needs experience so he knows what's coming at him....at Georgia he was mostly just attacking the QB

he'll have some rough rookie moments, like Berry...but from what i've seen, he's better than i thought and will pick it up

DJ's left nut 08-27-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyetony (Post 7855516)
I wish I could put on the blinders and see the future HOF LT you are seeing but I can't. Our OL has serious issues and they start at the tackle positions.

If you don't have blinders on, you should probably give spectacles a shot.

Brandon Albert is a fine LT. He's not a Pro-Bowler, but he's easily an average tackle. And moreover, with his feet and his build, he still has a lot of room for growth.

Gaither, if healthy, would be a better LT than Albert but that's no indictment on Albert. Alberts a good player, Gaither's a better one - such is life.

The 'serious issues' on our line last night came from the RT, TE and RBs that couldn't be counted on in blitz pickup. If you think otherwise, you're just seeing what you want to see.

Brock 08-27-2011 09:25 AM

Cassel shits the bed - Blame Albert

OnTheWarpath15 08-27-2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7855528)
i think Houston just needs reps, and needs experience so he knows what's coming at him....at Georgia he was mostly just attacking the QB

he'll have some rough rookie moments, like Berry...but from what i've seen, he's better than i thought and will pick it up

He's definitely got a shit-ton of talent, but he's really raw. Going to be a lot of growing pains.

I'd rather go through his growing pains this year than watch Studebaker though.

tonyetony 08-27-2011 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7855520)
I don't see a HOFer, but comparing Albert to Richardson is wrong. Albert is an average left tackle, maybe a tad better. Richardson is a disaster.

One pressure in 20 snaps is not an issue as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not comparing them because that would be apples to oranges at this point. If they would try Gaither at LT and Albert at RT or vice versus I could make a comparison but right now O'Failahan is the only thing I have to compare and we all know that he isn't the answer.

Brock 08-27-2011 09:27 AM

Albert forgot to tell Cassel you can't call a timeout after a timeout!

Hammock Parties 08-27-2011 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 7855523)
#1: Late or not, it hit Bowe right in the chest. He has to catch that ball if he considers himself elite. That has to be caught by an NFL receiver.

#2: Albert blocked nobody on that play. He has to help Moeaki on that play and Moeaki has to funnel the rusher inside rather than get beat outside. Albert needs to understand that he needs to get out and help Moeaki singled up.
Posted via Mobile Device

His job was not to help Moeaki. His job was to carry out a run fake on the d-line in front of him.

Albert can't act like he's pass blocking....it's a run fake for crying out loud.

OnTheWarpath15 08-27-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7855531)

Brandon Albert is a fine LT. He's not a Pro-Bowler, but he's easily an average tackle. And moreover, with his feet and his build, he still has a lot of room for growth.

Gaither, if healthy, would be a better LT than Albert but that's no indictment on Albert. Alberts a good player, Gaither's a better one - such is life.

The 'serious issues' on our line last night came from the RT, TE and RBs that couldn't be counted on in blitz pickup. If you think otherwise, you're just seeing what you want to see.

The shame of it is, Albert's potential is so much higher, and he's not reaching it.

Dude was pretty ****ing solid his rookie year. Then the coaching change happened, and he's regressed.

I think Muir holds a lot of blame as to why this kid has seemed to stall.

And what the **** is with the goddamn cut blocks?

DJ's left nut 08-27-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 7855523)

Posted via Mobile Device

Regarding 2 - how?

He had to sell his run block - yes? It was an outside rush from the DE and Moeaki was a damn freeway to the QB. Even had Albert turned and sprinted from the line, just exactly how was he going to help Moeaki there? Moeaki made matters even worse by routing the lineman even further away from his help.

There was absolutely nothing that Albert could have done on that play. He doesn't have rockets in his ass and the DE wasn't going to stop running to give him a chance to get back and protect. Had Moeaki provided even marginal protect and routed his man inside, you can see that Albert was on his way back to clean it up.

That was 100% Moeaki (and being outschemed).

chiefzilla1501 08-27-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyetony (Post 7855516)
I wish I could put on the blinders and see the future HOF LT you are seeing but I can't. Our OL has serious issues and they start at the tackle positions.

I don't think he's saying he's a HOFer. You're saying he's a serious issue. The gifs aren't perfect, but I don't know how anyone could come to the conclusion that he's a serious issue unless he had already made up his mind prior to seeing this thread. He has his guy locked up on most plays. There are less than a handful where he looked like he isn't, and in the few that he isn't, there were a few where someone else blew their assignment.

tonyetony 08-27-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7855531)

I agree with most of what you say except that Albert has a lot of room for growth. If your right and he has a lot of room for growth I don't believe that growth will occur at LT.

chiefzilla1501 08-27-2011 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 7855547)
I don't think he's saying he's a HOFer. You're saying he's a serious issue. The gifs aren't perfect, but I don't know how anyone could come to the conclusion that he's a serious issue unless he had already made up his mind prior to seeing this thread. He has his guy locked up on most plays. There are less than a handful where he looked like he isn't, and in the few that he isn't, there were a few where someone else blew their assignment.

And again, critiquing about a cut block is ticky-tack. Again, the main goal is to just deter the pass rusher's progress so the QB can get off a quick pass. 9 times out of 10 in those situations, unless you flat out blow your cut, the pass rusher isn't going to come close to getting to the QB.

DJ's left nut 08-27-2011 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyetony (Post 7855549)
I agree with most of what you say except that Albert has a lot of room for growth. If your right and he has a lot of room for growth I don't believe that growth will occur at LT.

The physical ability is there.

His frame is ideal for a LT (well actually, Gaither's is, but Gaither's a freak). And his feet really are quick. Every now and then you'll see him lock it in for a few plays and you'll see just how talented he is.

What separates Albert from the truly excellent LTs is consistency. When Albert is playing well, there are few better. But the problem is that he's still so raw at T that his technique abandons him on a fair occasion.

He's big, he has long arms and quick feet. He's played 3 seasons of tackle after playing guard through most of college. As a rookie he did so quite admirably and even over the last couple of years he's shown flashes of excellence.

How can you not see significant room for growth there?