ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Gretz: No new QB... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=250384)

Bewbies 09-21-2011 03:22 PM

I fully support Cassel remaining our starter, but would fully support Palko being our starter as well. Would prefer not to see Stanzi as we might win a game.

rocknrolla 09-21-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 7930541)
I believe this is the first Haley has hinted publicly that Cassel is in danger of seeing the bench. Sounds like he's sending him a message.

This is a first he has ever even questioned f**ck face's future. :D

Baby Lee 09-21-2011 03:50 PM

Codeword for the day;

Spoiler!

Tribal Warfare 09-21-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 7930809)
This is a first he has ever even questioned f**ck face's future. :D

Yep, jobs are on the line at it's time to show their cards.

BossChief 09-21-2011 03:55 PM

The first steps of "The Process" of moving on from Cassel (YES!!!) have seemingly been taken.

I expect Cassel to come out against SD and try to push the ball down the field and for him to have to worst game of his life.

POINT:

I bet as soon as he had the first practice with Stanzi and he saw how much more along the kid was as a passer, it started to feel like USC all over again.

Hopefully, we can trade Matt to STL so JMD has someone to have as the long term backup. 3rd or 4th rounder hopefullly.

whoman69 09-21-2011 03:55 PM

There are two winnable games before the bye week. IMO keeping Check Down in there before those games is giving up a loss. I really would like to hear the argument at that point, us being 0-5, to keep Check Down in? Is he the face of the future? It may not be a good idea to put Stanzi in against the Chargers, but what would hurt putting him in against the Vikings or the Colts? I have 0 confidence in Check Down providing us with any wins. Put Palko in. We may not win, but at least I don't have to see Check Down.

I have a question for the Suck for Luck crowd. Are you going to watch the games? If the Chiefs play that badly I can't stand to watch. Are you going to cheer when the other team scores? Are you going to throw a party after every loss? If its a joke, its getting old real fast.

suds79 09-21-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 7930851)
I have a question for the Suck for Luck crowd. Are you going to watch the games? If the Chiefs play that badly I can't stand to watch. Are you going to cheer when the other team scores? Are you going to throw a party after every loss? If its a joke, its getting old real fast.

I'll take this.

Yes we are going to watch. Even when the Chiefs lose, I want to see how some guys develop. ex: Houston, Baldwin, etc.

Do I cheer when the other team scores? Heck no. Never. But I'm pretty apathetic when it does happen. Saves me from getting gray hairs. Why get all worked up over the inevitable?

Am I going to throw a party after every loss? No. Just the that mathematically gives us the #1 overall pick.

It's no joke. It's a trade off. 16 games for 15 years.

BossChief 09-21-2011 04:03 PM

I watch the games pretty much the same but with one small difference....when the other team scores, there is a feeling of purpose (for lack of a better word) that replaces the old feeling of "****, they just scored"....now, its like "ahh **** it, one small step closer to maybe, FINALLY, having one of the best quarterbacks in football on the Chiefs."

Its not rooting against us, to me.

Chiefs Pantalones 09-21-2011 04:10 PM

Haley doesn't give a shit anymore. You can hear it in his voice.

Scorp 09-21-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 7930583)
It's a process. He needs more weapons. I mean, just look at his OLine. And don't get me started on how many OCs they've had. Give Matt a chance....

YOU SHUT YOUR FACE!

Just kidding..... but seriously....... you shut your face!

keg in kc 09-21-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 7930848)
I bet as soon as he had the first practice with Stanzi and he saw how much more along the kid was as a passer, it started to feel like USC all over again.

Yeah, cause he was so good in practice all through camp that he never pushed past 3rd on the depth chat behind Tyler freaking Palko.

BossChief 09-21-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7930912)
Yeah, cause he was so good in practice all through camp that he never pushed past 3rd on the depth chat behind Tyler freaking Palko.

Playbook

Every single practice in training camp Stanzi was reportedly throwing touchdowns and Cassel struggled...the preseason games came along and Cassel struggled more and more and the moment Stanzi got in the games, he threw it downfield effortlessly and with far better accuracy than any quarterback in KC since Green. He was behind a line that was complete jailbreaks nearly every play and still showed the poise to slide and keep his eyes downfield and folow through on his passes to deliver a nice, accurate and catchable ball nearly every single time.

That is exactly what a QB has to do to be known as one of the guys that "beats the blitz"

That's not my opinion, those are facts.

Mr. Arrowhead 09-21-2011 04:37 PM

When the other teams scores, im just gonna laugh real hard

Ace Gunner 09-21-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 7930743)
I fully support Cassel remaining our starter, but would fully support Palko being our starter as well. Would prefer not to see Stanzi as we might win a game.

:D

Okie_Apparition 09-21-2011 04:54 PM

Cassel is going to have to push the ball down the field or get benched. Of course that will get him benched for the turnovers. His time as KC's starter can be counted in quarters