ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs In support of Todd Haley (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251224)

tomahawk kid 10-13-2011 05:26 PM

I'm squarely in Haley's corner as well, largely based on my feeling that the guy is bringing a knife to a gun fight (talent wise) most Sundays.

If Pioli sandbags Haley for that shitbag McDaniels, I might be done for awhile.

I do wish Haley'd just call the plays for the O - McCarthy and Peyton both call plays for their offenses and its not a big deal.

talastan 10-13-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 7990191)
I think the reason we lost our first two games was the fact that Haley looked dapper. Homeless Haley wins games. Haute Haley doesn't.

This, it isn't Todd Haley on the sideline if he doesn't have a 5 o'clock shadow, a glare of death, and mouth full of obscene words.

tomahawk kid 10-13-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 7992712)
Keep the hat, lose the black slacks, they're one step away from Jerry Glanville.

"Are you the Iowa or Iowa State quarterback?"

Pants 10-13-2011 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 7990201)
ROFL

the OP made no sense without the picture so I felt the need the post something that made even less sense

Why? He showed his Chiefs-themed "let's go to work" hat. You know, he puts it on when it's time to get to work. :)

lewdog 10-13-2011 05:43 PM

I loved how all of the people calling for Haley's firing earlier this year didn't actually recommend anyone they wanted to replace him.

Cowher....no
McDaniels...no
Gruden....no

I personally don't mind him and I really don't see much better available.

kysirsoze 10-13-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog_5 (Post 7992777)
I loved how all of the people calling for Haley's firing earlier this year didn't actually recommend anyone they wanted to replace him.

Cowher....no
McDaniels...no
Gruden....no

ROMEO

:Lin:

saphojunkie 10-13-2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog_5 (Post 7992777)

Cowher....no
McDaniels...no
Gruden....no

I'd love to have Gruden and Luck.

Or Cowher and Luck.

Or Haley and Luck.

mlyonsd 10-13-2011 05:51 PM

With Haley's well documented post game congratulation antics, the worse he looks the more it distracts opposing coaches throughout the game. They keep looking across the field wondering what the crazy homeless looking guy will do to them if the game becomes a blowout. Then BAM, Bowe scores.

Genious.

lewdog 10-13-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 7992786)
ROMEO

:Lin:

Oh I forgot, Romeo and his pressure defensive scheme.

Could someone tell me the last time he dialed up more than a handful of blitzes in a game?

saphojunkie 10-13-2011 06:07 PM

Has anyone thrown out this theory?

Pioli turned on Haley because of Josh McDaniels.

After Josh McDaniels was fired, Pioli wanted to bring him in. Todd Haley flatly refused to work with him. This wouldn't be the first time that Haley has done such a thing. He refused to work with Terrel Owens back in Dallas.

Pioli bristled at Haley challenging his authority. Meanwhile, McDaniels thinks better of working for Todd Haley. Maybe Haley said something and ruined any chance of them working together. McDaniels goes to St. Louis, Pioli gets pissed and begins this whole "their relationship is bad" thing.

Then Moeaki is injured. Then Berry. Then Jamaal. Now Haley's offseason plan is ruining any chance of a solid season. Pioli structured Cassel's deal so that he could either be cut or benched with MINOR salary cap issues after this year.

Pioli sits back and watches the blowouts, watches all of the feel-good vibes being thrown out with yesterday's Zubaz (god willing), and thinks "Screw Haley. He's gone." He feeds the information after week 4 to Michael Lombardi that Haley's antics are wearing thin. This is preparing all of the fans for what comes next week - this "hothead" Haley, who can't control himself, is dragging down the franchise, and has to go.

Fire Haley.

Tank season.

Draft Andrew Luck.

Hire Josh McDaniels, who will absolutely do whatever he's told by Pioli.

This would explain four things:

1. Why we didn't sign any marquis free agents. Pioli isn't going to help out Haley.
2. Why the OC position was harder to fill than Defense Against the Dark Arts professor.
3. Why Lombardi wrote the article about Haley's antics.
4. Why Pioli would wait until AFTER Indianapolis to fire Haley.
a) away game.
b) sets you firmly on a path to the #1 overall pick.

Obviously, it's a conspiracy theory, but in a bye week, what else are you going to do?