ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Raiders Trade for Carson Palmer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251389)

SenselessChiefsFan 10-18-2011 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 8003477)
This will be good for them. Might not make much sense to others...Remember how everyone laughed when they drafted thier kickers nearly a decade ago? Makes sense now. Plamer is still young enough to make them good for years to come. Just my take...

There is a difference between THAT move and this one. THIS one reeks of desperation.

This one is during a rookie salary cap that will dramatically increase the value of first round picks.

Palmer is coming in from retirement, not in football shape, in OCTOBER. At best, the Raiders get him for 9 weeks this year.

If the Raiders play well and he hits the benchmarks, they lose TWO first round picks. If not, they still lose a first and a second.

Dang.

the Talking Can 10-18-2011 08:54 AM

2 firsts for a QB who has been sitting on his ass....

does this mean he's the starter over campell next year? how's that going to go over with the team...cause if they traded a first for a half a year, it's one of the most insanely stupid trades ever...

Bengals have a solid looking rookie QB and an extra first....looks to me like they raped....and meanwhile we're cycling through our 42nd backup QB since the 80's...

OnTheWarpath15 10-18-2011 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8003544)
If it actually does net him 2 first rounders, how can you say he played it wrong. 2 ****ing 1st rounders. I'd say he played that perfectly. even if it's only 1 first rounder and anything else.

Oh, it's a great trade for them. Ridiculously good.

I just think it's comical that he made all those comments and then backed off.

Dude's spent the last several months spouting off about principles, then ignores his own.

Do the Raiders have any 2012 picks left after this? Mark's first major act as owner reminds me of that old pot PSA - "I LEARNED IT BY WATCHING YOU!"

blaise 10-18-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8003561)

Dude's spent the last several months spouting off about principles, then ignores his own.

Do the Raiders have any 2012 picks left after this? Mark's first major act as owner reminds me of that old pot PSA - "I LEARNED IT BY WATCHING YOU!"

They get compensatory picks for Nnamdi, I guess.

Hootie 10-18-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8003553)
So much for your guarantee that Palmer would be out of the league in 3 years. In fact his value has never been higher. LMAO

I never guaranteed he'd be out of the league in 3 years...I said he would no longer be an NFL starter.

We'll see how he pans out in Oakland...when I said that 2 years ago everyone laughed at me because no one could fathom him not being a "franchise QB" in Cincy...

the Raiders are desperate...and Carson will not be the answer.

Why? Because he's a downgrade from Jason Campbell. Palmer is not a good NFL QB. Period.

OnTheWarpath15 10-18-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8003559)

does this mean he's the starter over campell next year? how's that going to go over with the team...cause if they traded a first for a half a year, it's one of the most insanely stupid trades ever...

Bengals have a solid looking rookie QB and an extra first....looks to me like they raped....and meanwhile we're cycling through our 42nd backup QB since the 80's...

Makes no sense from the Raiders perspective.

R8RFAN 10-18-2011 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8003559)

Campbell is in the last year of his contract, he will probably never take another snap for the Raiders.

Sofa King 10-18-2011 08:56 AM

Quote:

Everyone in their dog knows that Cinci is one of the worst run organizations in football. Doesn't suprise me in the slightest that he backed off his word. But damn, he'd be an absolute fool to pass on this deal!

The Bad Guy 10-18-2011 08:56 AM

Quote:

"Everyone's Got a Price" - Ted Dibiase.

Hootie 10-18-2011 08:57 AM

Quote:

His "principles" drove the price for Carson Palmer at a 4th round pick to potentially two 1st round picks from an idiotic organization.

I'm not saying it was his intention, but the stubbornness paid off big time.

FringeNC 10-18-2011 08:58 AM

This has to be a joke. Two first rounders?

TEX 10-18-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 8003567)
I never guaranteed he'd be out of the league in 3 years...I said he would no longer be an NFL starter.

We'll see how he pans out in Oakland...when I said that 2 years ago everyone laughed at me because no one could fathom him not being a "franchise QB" in Cincy...

the Raiders are desperate...and Carson will not be the answer.

Why? Because he's a downgrade from Jason Campbell. Palmer is not a good NFL QB. Period.

Neither was Jim Plunkett...

-King- 10-18-2011 08:59 AM

We should have given then cassel for a 2nd.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRock 10-18-2011 09:00 AM

http://i54.tinypic.com/drfrth.gif

R8RFAN 10-18-2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8003577)
We should have given then cassel for a 2nd.
Posted via Mobile Device

Raiders wouldn't pay 60 million for that slug, we just got rid of a 60 million dollar slug.