ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs TAMBA HALI and BRANDON FLOWERS FINED (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251821)

BigChiefFan 10-28-2011 05:01 PM

Goodell's just bilking the players out of their money for lame ass rules. His version of the NFL is weak sauce. What a crappy transition from Tags to Janet Napolitano.

Johnny Vegas 10-28-2011 05:01 PM

I write emails to congressmen too. doesn't mean much I know but if he gets enough of them you never know.

plus it wasn't a nasty email. it was very sincere.

BossChief 10-28-2011 05:15 PM

1) The fine on Flowers is somewhat justified. Every single player knows its coming when they do it, they get told over and over to not use the ball as a prop and Flowers still obviously planned the whole thing.

2) The fine on Hali is total, complete bullshit.

He did absolutely nothing wrong...he was getting held on the play iirc and was pushed down and fell into the quarterbacks leg...how is he supposed to avoid that?

Now, after saying those things...Halis fine is obviously another step in GODells push to get a 18 game schedule into the next deal by making the game a safer and more interesting game for fans and the first step in that is to further protect the leagues quarterbacks (as the NFL is built around them...well the NFL expect for KC) and he obviously sees it as a "no grey area" type of thing.

The bullshit part of that is the players targeted for fines more often than not are the pass rushers and that is total bullshit.

Ming the Merciless 10-28-2011 05:17 PM

how petty

Agent V 10-28-2011 05:21 PM

It's okay to grab Tamba Hali by the neck and throw him to the ground. That's not malicious at all.

-King- 10-28-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8056501)
1) The fine on Flowers is somewhat justified. Every single player knows its coming when they do it, they get told over and over to not use the ball as a prop and Flowers still obviously planned the whole thing.

Meh. It was a in the moment kind of thing. A defensive player scores a TD, of course he's going to want to celebrate. I doubt he plans his TD celebrations at all. This will likely be the only one he has this year, so no way he plans them.

Renegade 10-28-2011 05:47 PM

I guess the price of parking will go up again to help pay these "fines"

BossChief 10-28-2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8056545)
Meh. It was a in the moment kind of thing. A defensive player scores a TD, of course he's going to want to celebrate. I doubt he plans his TD celebrations at all. This will likely be the only one he has this year, so no way he plans them.

:facepalm:

Psyko Tek 10-28-2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8056501)

2) The fine on Hali is total, complete bullshit.

He did absolutely nothing wrong...he was getting held on the play iirc and was pushed down and fell into the quarterbacks leg...how is he supposed to avoid that?

Now, after saying those things...Halis fine is obviously another step in GODells push to get a 18 game schedule into the next deal by making the game a safer and more interesting game for fans and the first step in that is to further protect the leagues quarterbacks (as the NFL is built around them...well the NFL expect for KC) and he obviously sees it as a "no grey area" type of thing.

The bullshit part of that is the players targeted for fines more often than not are the pass rushers and that is total bullshit.

didn't captain morgan offer cash to do a stance like that after a TD last year?

TimeForWasp 10-28-2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8056219)
Hitting below the knees of a QB? Fined!

Hitting below the knees of any other player? Perfectly legal.

****ing stupid.

I didn't think it should be a fine because he was knocked down while going for the QB , so he ended up making contact low.

FAX 10-28-2011 06:04 PM

I have a question thing ...

Is it considered illegal for the owner to pay his players' fines? Would that be considered a violation of the salary cap?

FAX

Oh Snap 10-28-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acarter25 (Post 8056203)
Are you kidding me? Get the **** out of here Roger.

srsly, how long is the league going to tolerate this asshat?

No celebrations? Getting fined for them? This is a sport where the fans PAY to see shit like this! Some of it may very well be in poor taste, but its all in good fun.

Ever since Goodell became commissioner, the league has become way too politicized for my taste...I get enough politics as it is now, I would prefer football to be as politically free as possible, please stop this madness!

Oh Snap 10-28-2011 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 8056470)
Goodell's just bilking the players out of their money for lame ass rules. His version of the NFL is weak sauce. What a crappy transition from Tags to Janet Napolitano.

absolutely! Also, someone mentioned it being illegal to hit QBs below the knees, but every other positional player is "ok"...

We lost Berry to this bullshit...that should have been an illegal hit and a fine by the bills receiver...I would love this team to play the bills again, I think we would stomp them. phaggots!

-King- 10-28-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8056576)
:facepalm:

:rolleyes:

Molitoth 10-28-2011 06:34 PM

Goodell is a fucking pussy.