ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ten Things About Last Night's Game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=253041)

Warrior5 11-28-2011 02:09 PM

#4 drove me nuts... I was screaming my head off when they kicked the FG instead of going for it. Gained absolutely nothing from the FG, and literally had everything to gain from going for it.

Steeler fans around me were laughing their asses off...

kysirsoze 11-28-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calcountry (Post 8151203)
Based on your assessment, Sunday ticket is out for next year as well.

My son was asking me, which season was the best Chiefs Season of all time? To which I responded, when they had Joe Montana, the lost the AFC title game to a 4 time SB loser, but that was in my lifetime. They did win a super bowl.

He says to me, if they ever win a Super Bowl while we are alive, you owe me a dollar. The kid still has faith, I don't. Oh well, at least I was able to pass, "There is always next year", down to another generation.

This is the saddest thing I've ever read.

Bearcat 11-28-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 8150699)
The Hunts are about business, not about football. Last night, in the eyes of Clark the Business Shark, business was good. Very good, indeed.

The most important thing to the front office is, season ticket renewals will go out this week. Nothing like putting millions of dollars in the bank and drawing interest on it for six months.

You should include a very strongly worded letter with your renewal check.

stevieray 11-28-2011 02:38 PM

hey george, don't know about the second, but in the first half, I saw Haley come over and talk to Palko only once after the first drive...then nada...pretty odd considering he said he was looking forward to his progression...not one word of encouragment.

Hammock Parties 11-28-2011 02:45 PM

George, if Orton is the starter we will not be running a dink and dunk offense.

He can throw the ball down the field.

Bowser 11-28-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8151284)
You should include a very strongly worded letter with your renewal check.

Minus the check.....

go bo 11-28-2011 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 8151306)
hey george, don't know about the second, but in the first half, I saw Haley come over and talk to Palko only once after the first drive...then nada...pretty odd considering he said he was looking forward to his progression...not one word of encouragment.

yeah, now that you mention it, it does seem odd that he didn't talk to his starting qb during the game...

go bo 11-28-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 8151327)
George, if Orton is the starter we will not be running a dink and dunk offense.

He can throw the ball down the field.

that would be startling after watching castle throwing the ball...

fun to watch though...

poor palco should find a new line of work...

whoman69 11-28-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 8151106)
Or how many to get to the center of a Kardashian....

It only takes money.

whoman69 11-28-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go bowe (Post 8151368)
yeah, now that you mention it, it does seem odd that he didn't talk to his starting qb during the game...

If you can't say something nice...

Lost cause. I wouldn't have talked to Failco either.

talastan 11-28-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go bowe (Post 8151368)

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 8151306)

Possibly didn't talk to Failco because he had already written him off and Zorn was the only one talking to him. Again I think there is more to this QB situation than just Haley playing the wrong guy. :hmmm:

gblowfish 11-28-2011 03:44 PM

During the games all year, the only guy who is in the QB's ear is Jim Zorn. Usually Cassel or Palko will sit on the bench and look at the still photos in a 3-ring binder. They take the photos from the crow's nest up in each end zone. They look at defensive alignments at the snap, and that tells the QB -in last night's case Palko- where to expect to throw their next pick....

talastan 11-28-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 8151499)
During the games all year, the only guy who is in the QB's ear is Jim Zorn. Usually Cassel or Palko will sit on the bench and look at the still photos in a 3-ring binder. They take the photos from the crow's nest up in each end zone. They look at defensive alignments at the snap, and that tells the QB -in last night's case Palko- where to expect to throw their next pick....

Maybe if we tell Palko to throw the ball to the other team he'll actually hit our receievers in stride...:hmmm:

DRU 11-28-2011 03:59 PM

Couldn't agree more with everything stated.

I was very confused that we didn't go for it on 4th in the 4th. Either way we'd still need a TD, and if you trust your defense to get you the ball back after kicking, then why can't you trust them to get you the ball back if you happen to miss the 4th down? It just doesn't make any logical sense, especially considering your offense hasn't moved the ball well enough to believe they'd actually be able to get down there again anyway.

Then, the clock management at the end of the game was absolutely horrible. There was 2:45 on the clock and we let 45 seconds drip away down to the 2 min warning, ran 1 single play. That play...a run for about 1 yard. 45 seconds...1 play...1 yard.

Then we get down to the point where there's only 40 seconds or so left, you're still at mid-field, and you've QB who clearly isn't comfortable throwing the ball. That's one way to put him a position to fail. I just don't get it.

I also don't understand how no matter who we have at QB, they're constantly banging on their helmet and yelling at the sideline begging for a play to get called. Maybe they were trying to figure out what type of play they could call that wouldn't result in a turnover, but there again, it doesn't seem to matter what QB is in there. It happens all the time. It's getting really old.

I was in rare form last night. I usually just cheer and don't get involved with the booing and what-not. Last night, though, I was definitely calling for Stanzi. Every "quiet" moment I got I was screaming as loud as I could for Stanzi. Especially after the 2nd pick, and then the following drives where we proceeded to run McBunkerBuster, ready to explode at any time and leave the ball on the ground, right up the middle for some quick 3 and outs. If you can't use your QB, get him off the field.

On that note, after the game as I was leaving the lot I switched over to 810 real quick and heard Bill Maas saying that Stanzi hurt his ankle in practice this week and was really only there in case Palko got hurt and couldn't continue.

Still, though, leaving Palko in there when he clearly can't throw the ball and allowing the Steelers to stack the box and take away your run game isn't going to work for anybody...but the opposing team.

I just don't get it.

gblowfish 11-28-2011 04:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
New in the Arrowhead Gift Shop!