ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs In Pioli I Trust (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256537)

htismaqe 02-27-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8401516)
I disagree.

I remember when this place was dogging Vermeil and Herm over the middle of last decade when the blind faithful were singing their praises. Eventually the team deteriorated, and we were on the cutting edge of predicting that.

But now we've taken that skepticism to its illogical extreme. We seem to forget that we had a GM with zero discipline, we lived at or above the cap, and every year we boasted lopsided teams with one side of the ball being completely, miserably awful.

Pioli has built the most evenly balanced team we've had since our last playoff win.

How did that work out then?

Oh yeah. With a playoff win.

Even the largest of mountains eventually crumbles under the relentless assault of wind and rain.

This place hasn't changed because the CHIEFS haven't changed.

Trust me, even the slightest of postseason successes would turn the attitude around in a heartbeat.

Ebolapox 02-27-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8401596)
Even the largest of mountains eventually crumbles under the relentless assault of wind and rain.

This place hasn't changed because the CHIEFS haven't changed.

Trust me, even the slightest of postseason successes would turn the attitude around in a heartbeat.

yep. if they gave us actual reason to be optimistic, there would be a world of difference.

Chiefshrink 02-27-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8401578)
Pioli has built a very good team.

But he handled the Haley situation very poorly. If its true that he wanted to fire Haley the day after a playoff game shame on him. If its true he sabotaged Haley this year big shame on him. If it's true he went over the line in terms of spying on Haley, micromanaging Haley, overly forcing any coaches on him, and leaking information about Haley to hurt his reputation, that is something gms sholud not do. Given that Haley was hired by one of the best organizations in football, seems pretty clear that teams aren't concerned about Haley's ability to get along with others.

I don't like the Romeo hire and the daboll hire was short sighted. Never did there seem to be an earnest effort to interview outside of the tree. And it seems clear pioli is giving Romeo a lot more license to yap off and to choose his own coaches. Why didn't he give Haley this kind of flexibility?

As for qb... He should have known enough about cassel to not make that move. I'm more upset about his refusal to add quality depth at the position. Palko being the backup is all pioli. Nose tackle. We all know its the most important position on the field. The best we can do is a 1 year almost retired guy and a 6th round pick? The depth issue... I don't mind that the chiefs haven't spent a ton of money. I'm angry pioli ignored getting depth, which is cheap. Again, goes back to gretz's question... Is it true that pioli was purposely short changing Haley so he had an excuse yo fire him?

Basically, he has done a great job but he let his hatred for Haley affect his ability to effectively run the team and I believe his loyalty to cassel and to his tree will also do him in. He needs to stop acting work hos emotions and start acting fully with his brain only.

Too many "If it's true" statements which I think it falls equally on both. But Pioli is your boss and you must toe the line. Unless of course Cassel is your QB:D

DaKCMan AP 02-27-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8401581)
Chris Rainey for Cheifs 2012!

Stop.

ChiefsCountry 02-27-2012 09:58 AM

I would have fired his ass on 2/28/09.
Posted via Mobile Device

L.A. Chieffan 02-27-2012 10:14 AM

i agree with most of the op except the part about cassel being a "bad" signing. wtf was that?

mrbiggz 02-27-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8401510)
That's fair. Perhaps I meant to say the Haley hire was not bad at the time. Obviously if we walked into this thing knowing he'd drive away every coach he worked with, had an incredibly toxic relationship with Pioli, or would eventually lose support of the locker room, we would have passed.

But at the time he had a strong reputation for developing talent. Which, for the record, we'll be reaping the benefits from a lot of his work.

We can criticize Pioli for the Cassel hire... but what was his other option? The only other realistic option (taking Dalton at #27 last year would have been criminal at the time) would be to select Mark Sanchez. And we'd have a shit quarterback instead of a shit quarterback.

There have literally been no other options... until Kyle Orton hit the market. So that should tell you exactly how much Pioli thinks of Cassel.

And, by the way, you don't trade your draft away for one player.

Especially a player like RG3, who we have no idea how well he'll fare in the NFL given his style of play that we've honestly never seen before.

His option was not to pay him 63 million dollars and take a wait and see approach to whether:
1. Cassel was at least worthy of a long term starters contract.
2. Good enough to lead us to a Super Bowl

Instead he gave him a long term contract and wasted money well before the season started. If I were Clark Hunt I'd fire him just based off that decision alone. Why was it so imperative to give him that contract at that point in time? Why did we give one of the most penalized CB's last year who is a descending player in this league seven million a year and letting a younger ascending player walk?

vailpass 02-27-2012 10:23 AM

Woman, you must have a LOT of free time.

Mr. Laz 02-27-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 8401379)
Pioli needs to go.

idiot

Chiefnj2 02-27-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbiggz (Post 8401648)
His option was not to pay him 63 million dollars and take a wait and see approach to whether:

Instead he gave him a long term contract and wasted money well before the season started. If I were Clark Hunt I'd fire him just based off that decision alone. Why was it so imperative to give him that contract at that point in time? Why did we give one of the most penalized CB's last year who is a descending player in this league seven million a year and letting a younger ascending player walk?

How much money did Cassel get his first year?

smittysbar 02-27-2012 10:34 AM

He needs to make a move at QB, if he was to trade up and get one or sign Manning, or both, I will be on his Jock.

Hammock Parties 02-27-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8401519)
He definitely regressed in 2011. Like most of our offense when Charles when down.

HE SUCKED IN 2010 AS A BLOCKER, TOO.

Mr. Laz 02-27-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbiggz (Post 8401648)

yep ... giving Cassel that contract early was Pioli's biggest mistake, by far.

2nd mistake was hiring Goonther Haley

other than those two mistakes Pioli has done a solid job

L.A. Chieffan 02-27-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8401691)
HE SUCKED IN 2010 AS A BLOCKER, TOO.

B ALBERT IS A STUD!

having said that i wouldnt mind trading up and taking a T

el borracho 02-27-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8401510)
That's fair. Perhaps I meant to say the Haley hire was not bad at the time. Obviously if we walked into this thing knowing he'd drive away every coach he worked with, had an incredibly toxic relationship with Pioli, or would eventually lose support of the locker room, we would have passed.

But at the time he had a strong reputation for developing talent. Which, for the record, we'll be reaping the benefits from a lot of his work.

We can criticize Pioli for the Cassel hire... but what was his other option? The only other realistic option (taking Dalton at #27 last year would have been criminal at the time) would be to select Mark Sanchez. And we'd have a shit quarterback instead of a shit quarterback.

There have literally been no other options... until Kyle Orton hit the market. So that should tell you exactly how much Pioli thinks of Cassel.

Mallet.