ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 2012 Opponents for all 4 teams in the division .... WOW (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257713)

BigChiefFan 03-24-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 8488961)
Isn't it about time to update his sig to "break that pencil neck, broke dick Manning's ****ing neck. Go Tamba!!"

I'm reminded by the original move, "The Longest Yard"..."I think I broke his ****ing neck."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGjEZIZQIIk

Marcellus 03-24-2012 09:00 AM

When is the last time a 36 year old QB missed an entire season then came back and was able to carry a team?

Being serious. I don't think this is as wrapped up as everyone wants to make it. Had KC gotten manning I would be convinced he wouldn't be as good as his old self but have enough weapons and team around him to make up for it.

In Denver, I don't see that.

58-4ever 03-24-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8488866)
I really like what Denver did yesterday by signing Tamme and Dreesen at TE. Those can be 2 very productive guys and nice additions in this offense. Those defenses present a lot of challenges, these were strong moves.

Shocker. I like what the Chiefs have done and will continue to do.

cabletech94 03-24-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 8488970)
Shocker. I like what the Chiefs have done and will continue to do.

+1ROFL

Quesadilla Joe 03-24-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 8488969)
When is the last time a 36 year old QB missed an entire season then came back and was able to carry a team?

Being serious. I don't think this is as wrapped up as everyone wants to make it. Had KC gotten manning I would be convinced he wouldn't be as good as his old self but have enough weapons and team around him to make up for it.

In Denver, I don't see that.

Brady missed a full season at the age of 31 and has came back pretty strong.

I don't think it's going to be that big of a deal. I don't see Manning turning into Kyle Orton or something just because he missed one season.

Marcellus 03-24-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8488996)

I don't think it's going to be that big of a deal. I don't see Manning turning into Kyle Orton or something just because he missed one season.

Huge difference between 31 and 36 in football age. Huge.

Quesadilla Joe 03-24-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 8489000)
Huge difference between 31 and 36 in football age. Huge.

Jerry Rice missed a full season at the age of 35 and came back at the age of 36 and had a 1,000 yard season, he actually had three 1,000 yard seasons between the ages of 36 and 40.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-24-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Never go full KnowMo ROFL

rockymtnchief 03-24-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Huge difference in a knee injury to a pocket passer and a neck injury that effects the throwing arm of pocket passer.

Quesadilla Joe 03-24-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 8489009)
Huge difference in a knee injury to a pocket passer and a neck injury that effects the throwing arm of pocket passer.

Tony Dungy believes that Manning hurt his neck in 2006 against Washington and he played with that injury for 4 1/2 years. Every report I have read is saying that Manning is looking like the Manning of old. Manning was asked at his press conference if he could play a game tomorrow and he said he could. I honestly don't think this will be an issue at all.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-24-2012 09:44 AM

He's obviously a mountainous upgrade over Pop Warner boy, but don't pretend he found the fountain of youth. One hit could be all it takes to become Hanie Time or some shit.

Stryker 03-24-2012 09:47 AM

Sweet! I will be at the Saints game! Woot!

:clap:

TheGuardian 03-24-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

31 and 36 might as well be 31 and 96 in the NFL.

Al Bundy 03-24-2012 09:57 AM

I still lol at all of the guys who were pro-Manning before he became a Donk are now all "He can't stay healthy".

TEX 03-24-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8489014)
Tony Dungy believes that Manning hurt his neck in 2006 against Washington and he played with that injury for 4 1/2 years. Every report I have read is saying that Manning is looking like the Manning of old. Manning was asked at his press conference if he could play a game tomorrow and he said he could. I honestly don't think this will be an issue at all.

I agree. Denver will be division favorites for the next 3 years with less overall talent because of him. And just like that - they pass KC because their front office was not delusional about thier starting QB. I admire the fact that they realized last year was a fluke and they went out and did something about it rather than kid themselves about trying to win with Tebow. Sure wish another team thought like that...:hmmm: But NO, the Chiefs go out and make the QB position worse. Nice work Scott!