ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Draft Rumors (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258830)

DJ's left nut 04-25-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8564934)
i haven't seen a report that says he is a dominant run blocker, and their offense wasn't geared for it anyways...

i have no ****ing idea what people think Albert can't do...he was damn good last year with shitty QBs and shitty RBs...

people have wanted to get rid of him since the minute he arrived, it's jsut ****ing wierd...he's good and good enough

I've always been very pro-Albert. I think he's probably right around the 10-12 range as a LT.

He struggles with speed rushers because he his feet are only adequate. Because of that he also has to cheat a little bit to the outside and can get knocked a bit off balance with an inside swim/hump move.

I think he's a good LT. But I think Kalil can be a great one. And frankly, we have no idea what Albert will cost as a FA and if we can afford to keep him. If we end up in a situation with Albert/Bowe like we were in with Carr/Bowe this year and can only tag one of them - we're in a pretty damn tough spot, aren't we?

I'm not eager to get rid of him. I've never been one to slam him either. But in the end if Kalil were to fall, the value there would be otherwordly and you'd have a chance to upgrade on him. Why not?

But here's a true 'fact' for Dave: Kalil will not make it to 11. The Rams would be insane to pass on him. Hell, the Jags would be stupid to do so. And ultimately I think someone would trade up as soon as he starts slipping, if he even starts slipping. I still think the Vikings will take him at 3.

Direckshun 04-25-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8564956)
Not at all a fan of replacing Albert, but that's an upgrade and a good value.

Here comes the question of questions, then, because he ain't dropping to 11.

It's more likely he drops to the Rams at 6. The Bills at 10 would want him before we get him, but he won't fall past STL.

If that's the case, do you trade up to get him at 5?

It would almost certainly cost a 2nd.

Coogs 04-25-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8564960)

It's more likely he drops to the Rams at 6. The Bills at 10 would want him before we get him, but he won't fall past STL.

No for me. Better be Tannehill if we are moving up.

Brock 04-25-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8564960)

I wouldn't move up for anything in this draft.

Direckshun 04-25-2012 11:10 AM

One thing for sure, Cassel is getting the red carpet treatment if we get Kalil.

He's going to have Charles/Hillis/McCluster in the backfield.

Albert/Kalil/Hudson/Asamoah/Winston protecting him with Maneri rotating in.

Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, Moeaki and Boss to throw to.

Mr. Laz 04-25-2012 11:18 AM

Albert for the Hall of Fame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DJ's left nut 04-25-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8564963)

I might consider moving up for Tannehill because the risk/reward for him is so great.

That said, there's a great deal of value in the 2nd and 3rd rounds this year. I'm not in love with the talent from 10-20, but from 20-50 there are a lot of guys I'd really like to get my hands on and I expect several of them to fall into the 3rd (the Taylors and Chapman's of the world). I'd really consider dealing the 2nd for a couple of 3rd rounders, to tell you the truth; it would depend on how the board falls in the 2nd.

I wouldn't move up for Kalil. I like him, but the TTC is right - Albert is a good tackle. If you have a situation where insane value falls into your lap - take it. But don't go giving up picks for an opportunity to pay retail for him.

ChiefsCountry 04-25-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8564963)

If the Colts whole organization went on a bender tonight and offered up Luck, I would be all over that. :p

Frosty 04-25-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8564964)
One thing for sure, Cassel is getting the red carpet treatment if we get Kalil.

He's going to have Charles/Hillis/McCluster in the backfield.

Albert/Kalil/Hudson/Asamoah/Winston protecting him with Maneri rotating in.

Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, Moeaki and Boss to throw to.

That sounds vaguely like a Yugo engine in a Corvette. :shake:

Okie_Apparition 04-25-2012 11:49 AM

RichCimini Rich Cimini
At NFL event today, Trent Richardson said #Jets called him Sunday to verify correct contact info just in case they trade up for him. Hmm.
38 minutes ago

BigMeatballDave 04-25-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 8564997)
That sounds vaguely like a Yugo engine in a Corvette. :shake:

LOL

Chiefnj2 04-25-2012 12:06 PM

Biggest disappointment, KC's first round draft choice or Nike's NFL uniform redesign?

Bewbies 04-25-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okie_Apparition (Post 8565049)
RichCimini Rich Cimini
At NFL event today, Trent Richardson said #Jets called him Sunday to verify correct contact info just in case they trade up for him. Hmm.
38 minutes ago

Hoping to rape in trade value again?

KevB 04-25-2012 12:13 PM

Kiper and McShay out with their latest mocks today. Kiper has us taking DeCastro (Kueckly already gone) and McShay has us taking Poe (he has Kueckly to Tampa at 5).

Chiefnj2 04-25-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 8565094)
Kiper and McShay out with their latest mocks today. Kiper has us taking DeCastro (Kueckly already gone) and McShay has us taking Poe (he has Kueckly to Tampa at 5).

Can you post the top 15 picks for both guys? Thanks.