ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bowe (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259679)

O.city 07-08-2012 06:49 PM

Although, paying players hasn't really been a problem with this regime.

ShowtimeSBMVP 07-08-2012 06:52 PM

Dwayne Bowe could be done in Kansas City after this season
Found 5 days ago on Pro Football Zone: Yardbarker Blogger Network
PLAYERS: Dwayne Bowe, Matt Cassel, Jason La Canfora
TEAMS: Kansas City Chiefs

Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com doesn’t think there’s a good chance that Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe will be back in Kansas City after this season, with the development of some of the younger receivers they have on their roster. “The Chiefs have gone into the past few years with a lot of cap space and seems like that will be the case again,” wrote La Canfora. ”Carrying Bowe around $10 million against the cap isn’t an issue, and they have used several recent high draft picks on wide receivers, trying to build some depth there … So many in the league wonder how willing they would be to do the kind of deal it would take to lock up Bowe long-term.” “Bowe, who hasn’t signed his tag, has done some special stuff with Matt Cassel, but how long will Cassel be running the show at quarterback? It certainly seems there could be more transition to come on the offensive side of the ball unless the overall productivit...

O.city 07-08-2012 06:52 PM

Repost

SAUTO 07-08-2012 06:53 PM

Lol. Shit meet wall
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz 07-08-2012 06:54 PM

"The development of some of the younger receivers..."

Who is this, specifically? It sure as **** isn't Baldwin, though he's the greatest 21-catch rookie in the history of the league.

But Bowe sucks. Rep Haley. /CP

Hammock Parties 07-08-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8726337)
It sure as **** isn't Baldwin, though he's the greatest 21-catch rookie in the history of the league.

This.

Baldwin makes SlyMo's rookie season look like Randy Moss's.

okcchief 07-08-2012 06:59 PM

I guess Matt Cassel will just make the receivers better. Who needs Bowe....?

Chief Roundup 07-08-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 8726341)
I guess Matt Cassel will just make the receivers better. Who needs Bowe....?

As long as Cassel is the QB the Chiefs will need to keep players like Bowe.

ShowtimeSBMVP 07-08-2012 07:14 PM

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva

RT @ChiefsOrioles12 Do the Chiefs get Bowe signed long term before the 16th? ... Doubt it. Believed to be seeking big-time money.

milkman 07-08-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8726339)
This.

Baldwin makes SlyMo's rookie season look like Randy Moss's.

I don't really get into this pissing match regarding Baldwin, but your stupidity on thi sparticular subject is monumental.

Yes, we do need to see something from Baldwin before we can proclaim him to be anyhting other than a project.

However, he lost the entire offseason,with the exception of a few practices due to the strike and Thomas Jones, and he missed the first (was it) 4 games.

Additionally, in spite of his shortcomings, Elvis GrBac was (sadly) better than any QB that the Chiefs lined up behind center last season, including Orton.

Why don't we, I don't know, see what Baldwin does this season before we act as though he was a wasted draft pick.

I know that is hard for your dumb ass to do, but give it a try.

It will probably only hurt your tiny little brain just a little.

Micjones 07-08-2012 07:16 PM

I honestly think Bowe wants out.
We better hope like hell that Baldwin is ready to step into that role by the end of the year.

BoneKrusher 07-08-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8726361)
I honestly think Bowe wants out.
We better hope like hell that Baldwin is ready to step into that role by the end of the year.

this^

Hammock Parties 07-08-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8726360)
Why don't we, I don't know, see what Baldwin does this season before we act as though he was a wasted draft pick.

I haven't proclaimed Baldwin to be anything but what he is: a guy who darn near led the league in drop percentage last season.

He's not a bust, still has a chance to make good on his selection, etc.

My issue is with people writing him in as some kind of good, or even average WR just yet.

In58men 07-08-2012 07:22 PM

Bowe leaves and with our 1st round pick we draft another WR to help Cassel out for another season. We will be shit if Bowe leaves.

Quesadilla Joe 07-08-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8726365)
I haven't proclaimed Baldwin to be anything but what he is: a guy who darn near led the league in drop percentage last season.

He's not a bust, still has a chance to make good on his selection, etc.

My issue is with people writing him in as some kind of good, or even average WR just yet.

Weren't you in love with Baldwin up until a few weeks ago?