ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life How long have you driven to get something you wanted? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260268)

Donger 06-07-2012 11:17 AM

I drove to Fort Collins once to pick up a new saddle. I think that's it.

Chief Henry 06-07-2012 11:19 AM

Does vacation count ?

Fire Me Boy! 06-07-2012 11:22 AM

I drove from Springfield, MO, to Chicago to see Van Halen 3. :facepalm:

pr_capone 06-07-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 8664859)
I am going to embark on a 11+ hour (one way) trip to Oklahoma to pickup my dream car. What kind of dream car is it? I'm glad you asked, I am going to purchase a 1984 4 door Buick LeSabre limited, this is the 3rd one I will own. The other two were sold years ago. I am getting a great deal on this car $1900.00 and it only has 46k miles on it. It's from a dealership in Wagoner OK. Anyways, I hate driving, especially on a long road trip, but for this car I will make the Voyage.

How far have you driven to get something you wanted. Obviously this will be over the weekend so I can get back to work Monday.

I rode a Greyhound bus for 12 hours down to Ft. Worth, from Wichita, to buy my car and drive it back. My wife and I, as my 2nd anniversary present, drove to St. Louis (again from Wichita), to pick up my motorcycle. Fun part was that it was in February and though it was supposed to be unseasonably warm, it had snowed 5 inches the day I got there. I rode the motorcycle all the way back home.

/I win.

El Jefe 06-07-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8665219)
If I had the knowledge to work on it myself and somewhere to put it, I'd love to get another mid 80s Cutlass Supreme coupe. I had an '85 and loved it. Always makes me happy when I see one that is well maintained.

But still, I just don't get the old bulky sedan love. A Regal coupe, or a Riviera, sure, but..... why that?

Well to address your first point, I have a 79 Cutlass with a 455 motor, that needs some easy work for sale. I'd make you a great deal if you want to get back into the Old Car Game!!

Secondly, I am a big man, currently I am about 330lbs, and I am 6'6. So the old big body cars are what I fit in the best and most comfortably. The first car I ever had was a 84 4 door LeSabre with a salvage title, I loved that car. At that time I wasn't close to the weight I am now, but my height was close, and I fit in that thing perfectly. The 84-85 LeSabres ride like lazy boys because they have that crushed velour interior, but they have a V8 that can scoot also. I will keep this car mostly original. I have no plans on putting rims or hydraulics or any of that non-sense. I will change the radio though.

Munson 06-07-2012 11:26 AM

Made a 2 hour drive from Olathe, KS to Columbia, MO to get a Fender Stratocaster.

El Jefe 06-07-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Henry (Post 8665228)
Does vacation count ?

Sure, I don't see why not.

Phobia 06-07-2012 11:50 AM

Drove 16 hrs from KC to Virginia to make an appearance at a custody hearing. Hearing lasted 20 minutes and the judge very nearly forgot to enter my appearance on the official record. Drove into the parking lot 30 minutes early. Turned around and headed home immediately thereafter. Straight through both ways.

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-07-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8665328)
Drove 16 hrs from KC to Virginia to make an appearance at a custody hearing. Hearing lasted 20 minutes and the judge very nearly forgot to enter my appearance on the official record. Drove into the parking lot 30 minutes early. Turned around and headed home immediately thereafter. Straight through both ways.

That's nearly as impressive as my ice cream story.

Bugeater 06-07-2012 11:55 AM

It wasn't something for me, but I drove LiveSteam all the way to Morton, IL to pick up a caboose for his train since he didn't have a vehicle capable of hauling it.

As far as for myself, I drove all the way to Neosho, MO for weed one time.

Setsuna 06-07-2012 11:58 AM

Anyone who would drive far to get laid, married or not, are idiots.

pr_capone 06-07-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clay's Transexual FB (Post 8665358)
Anyone who would drive far to get laid, married or not, are idiots.

Some people don't have pussy falling out of the sky at them and have to take it where they can get it. I personally don't have that problem because of my devilish good looks and enormous penis... but I can totally understand and empathize with my less fortunate brethren. Don't judge people because they are not as, gifted, as you and I.

listopencil 06-07-2012 12:22 PM

About twelve hundred miles.

pr_capone 06-07-2012 12:23 PM

all I can think of after reading through this thread

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Rynxm_GQEsI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Iowanian 06-07-2012 12:38 PM

I once back packed a bag of bowling balls across the Gobi desert during a drought to get a cherry flavored Dilly Bar.