ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Broncos should be heavily favored...fan take (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260716)

BigMeatballDave 06-21-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8693680)
Interesting.

The QB who was near the top of almost every statistical category was a liability, but not San Diego's 22nd ranked defense or 16th ranked running game.

Rivers made several boneheaded passes/INTs last season.

This is fact. In this regard, he was a liability.

I don't wanna hear about a poor running game.

The Giants had the worst running games and Eli was clutch and won the SB.

Rivers was not clutch.

Besides, when is 27 TDs a big deal. Matt did it 2 yrs ago.

BossChief 06-21-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8693697)
Cassel or Orton started in 4 of those 5 wins.

Even if they didn't, those shitty QBs made our defense look better than it actually is.

We only had 3 games where our qb was able to move the ball.

Are gonna try and play it off like that didn't impact defensive matrics as much as any other factor?

SPATCH 06-21-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8693702)
:facepalm:

Tyler Palko is not part of this equation.

Are we forgetting about Palko's crowning achievement against Caleb Hanie?

BigMeatballDave 06-21-2012 05:21 PM

So, were the Chiefs the only team to play those QBs?

RealSNR 06-21-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8693712)
Rivers made several boneheaded passes/INTs last season.

This is fact. In this regard, he was a liability.

I don't wanna hear about a poor running game.

The Giants had the worst running games and Eli was clutch and won the SB.

Rivers was not clutch.

Besides, when is 27 TDs a big deal. Matt did it 2 yrs ago.

Matt threw 27 TDs by checking down like a reerun and chucking wild goal line throws up to Bowe when things REALLY got tough.

Rivers threw 27 TDs by being an actual QB and accumulating 4600 yards of passing. How much is that? That's more yards in a season than Trent Green ever threw in a season. And that was in his "shitty" year.

Was 2011 a worse year for Rivers than 2010? Undoubtedly yes. Was it a shitty year? Please.

BigMeatballDave 06-21-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8693726)
Matt threw 27 TDs by checking down like a reerun and chucking wild goal line throws up to Bowe when things REALLY got tough.

Rivers threw 27 TDs by being an actual QB and accumulating 4600 yards of passing. How much is that? That's more yards in a season than Trent Green ever threw in a season. And that was in his "shitty" year.

Was 2011 a worse year for Rivers than 2010? Undoubtedly yes. Was it a shitty year? Please.

He threw 20 INTs which directly resulted in losses.

4600 yards doesnt mean shit if you're chucking it to the other team half the time and only winning 8 games.

BossChief 06-21-2012 05:27 PM

With a qb like Rivers, KC could probably win 14 games next year and have a shot at going undefeated.

vailpass 06-21-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8693733)
With a qb like Rivers, KC could probably win 14 games next year and have a shot at going undefeated.

:spock:

BigMeatballDave 06-21-2012 05:29 PM

Also, I wasnt comparing Rivers to Cassel, or 2011 to 2010.

This has to do with people picking SD to win it every season and then Rivers and Co. shitting themselves.

BigMeatballDave 06-21-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8693733)

Doubtful.

SPATCH 06-21-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8693736)
:spock:

You paying attention, bro?

Point out one team that has a better set of O-line/TEs/WRs/RBs than the Chiefs. Did you watch the defense during the last weeks of the season? Wake up, dude.

OnTheWarpath15 06-21-2012 05:35 PM

Given two choices, who would you prefer as the QB of the Kansas City Chiefs?

A.) Philip Rivers

B.) Matt Cassel

If your answer is "A", take those stats and shove them up your ass - they don't matter.

Denver and SD should be favorites for the division - they have the best QB's. Just like NE being the favorite in the AFCE, Green Bay and Detroit being the favorites in the NFCN, and so on.

Ace Gunner 06-21-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 8693688)
Just like you expect Manning to pick where he left off? With a new team?

And I still think people are underestimating how much Manning's players around him helped him out. Especially the offensive line being able to adjust at the line of scrimmage correctly every time Peyton changes the blocking scheme 5 seconds before the play clock expires. He will get hit significantly more based on that fact alone, then you add the fact that Indy's offensive line was just better in general.

Peyton Manning is HOF and one of the best QB's in the modern era of pro football. Those other guys, though Jamaal is certainly a similar caliber football player as Manning, he and the others are not protected by modern rules that essentially prolong the careers of QB's in today's game. So, no -- I don't think these players have the opp Manning has this season and that is because of the new rules or how they are now being enforced and taught to players in the NFL.

OnTheWarpath15 06-21-2012 05:45 PM

Decided to read the article.

Someone might want to tell this broad that Pittsburgh and Atlanta aren't good teams, and that New Orleans is nothing to worry about without Sean Payton.

At least that's what CP told me.

BigMeatballDave 06-21-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8693759)
Decided to read the article.

Someone might want to tell this broad that Pittsburgh and Atlanta aren't good teams, and that New Orleans is nothing to worry about without Sean Payton.

At least that's what CP told me.

I think the Saints will be dogshit due to all that's happened.

Especially the D. Officials will be watching them closely.