ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Why does this team fail to show up? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263878)

htismaqe 09-18-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8924163)
I am currently in that work situation and I don't believe it's the same for these guys. However, how much are these guys directly involved with Pioli? Why did guys like DJ, Flowers, and Charles take contracts FROM HIM if he's the issue? Tamba got the tag and they didn't have to stay.

You gonna quit and go out and look for a job if your current employer is offering you good money (perhaps above market value even) and you get to work with your friends every day?

Again, your expectations are in-line with a child's.

Rausch 09-18-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8924143)

The players play the game.

They do what they're told to do...

Black Bob 09-18-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8924158)
It's hilarious that the REASON given by BlackBob as to why Romeo deserved the job in the first place is the WIN OVER GREEN BAY.

That same game is THE shining example of what I'm saying. He just can't (or won't) see it.

That's not the reason. I would appreciate if you would quote me correctly if you choose to use my words. No hard feelings but, please keep it real.

The reason is because things turned around when we got RAC and Weis in 2010. RAC had tremendous experience and success as a DC and I really liked him. The background was good etc. When he won two out three games with at the end of last year it was a no brainer. The team really responded to the guy and we barely missed the playoffs. Green Bay was a big win but it had very little to do with why I wanted RAC to be the HC.

Black Bob 09-18-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8924169)
You gonna quit and go out and look for a job if your current employer is offering you good money (perhaps above market value even) and you get to work with your friends every day?

Again, your expectations are in-line with a child's.

Yes. If I could get a job making within 20% of what I make today I would leave. I work for an evil man and it is a hazzard work enviornment. It is bad for my health.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Quote:

They do what they're told to do...
Are they told to jog or walk to the ball? Are they told to celebrate themselves joyously when they score a TD even though they are down 17 points?

I'm sorry but I disagree. I don't think we will see this the same way guys.

Rausch 09-18-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

I am currently in that work situation and I don't believe it's the same for these guys. However, how much are these guys directly involved with Pioli? Why did guys like DJ, Flowers, and Charles take contracts FROM HIM if he's the issue? Tamba got the tag and they didn't have to stay.

Make up your mind.

Your mind.

You constantly compare Pioli to some horrid boss.
At the same time you realize the fault in your logic when it comes to our own signings.

In pretty much your own words "Why do these guys stay here if their boss is so horrible?"

Think about that...

TEX 09-18-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

I took a job once for a lot of $$$ and was MISERABLE because of the conditions. It was the worst work experience of my life. I made a lot of $$$ and bought a lot of things (like that car in my avaitor) but the experience really sucked. When my boss got canned, my situation and others improved and so did our job performance. The folks making the decisions realized that all of us were underperforming for a reason. It was much easier to replace our boss than it was all of us because we had talent. Our boss was an idiot and his policies were shit.

Black Bob 09-18-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8924178)
Make up your mind.

Your mind.

You constantly compare Pioli to some horrid boss.
At the same time you realize the fault in your logic when it comes to our own signings.

In pretty much your own words "Why do these guys stay here if their boss is so horrible?"

Think about that...

He's not their boss. Romeo is their boss. Pioli has very little interaction with any of the players directly. It's the way it works. If he was as bad as my boss, they would have left while they could.

Black Bob 09-18-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 8924182)
I took a job once for a lot of $$$ and was MISERABLE because of the conditions. It was the worst work experience of my life. I made a lot of $$$ and bought a lot of things (like that car in my avaitor) but the experience really sucked. When my boss got canned, my situation and others improved and so did our job performance. The folks making the decisions realized that all of us were underperforming for a reason. It was much easier to replace our boss than it was all of us because we had talent. Our boss was an idiot and his policies were shit.

I hear you man. I hope that happens at my work one day. One day I guy will either quit to save face. Or, the company will get sued when he slips up.

Rausch 09-18-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8924183)
He's not their boss. Romeo is their boss. Pioli has very little interaction with any of the players directly. It's the way it works. If he was as bad as my boss, they would have left while they could.

Hunt and then Pioli ARE their boss'.

qabbaan 09-18-2012 07:44 AM

I doubt anyone believes in Cassel anymore except Pioli.

But, I think the players aren't "showing up" because they are poorly coached and poorly prepared for the game.

Reerun_KC 09-18-2012 07:46 AM

Is this groundhog day over and over again...

We went throught this same shit with Herm and now that we hired another career loser HC the results are the same....

beach tribe 09-18-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8924143)
I would cut him and set the tone if it were up to me.

Holy Shit. What?? Bench him? Yeah. Cut him? You must be insane.
He needs to be motivated to maintain his responsibilities. If you think cutting him would motivate this team you are out of your mind.

Rausch 09-18-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8924194)
I doubt anyone believes in Cassel anymore except Pioli.

But, I think the players aren't "showing up" because they are poorly coached and poorly prepared for the game.

I think it's a combination of both...

Black Bob 09-18-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8924191)
Hunt and then Pioli ARE their boss'.

Not directly. There is a chain of command.

Quote:

Holy Shit. What?? Bench him? Yeah. Cut him? You must be insane.
He needs to be motivated to maintain his responsibilities. If you think cutting him would motivate this team you are out of your mind.
He's the most inconsistant player on the roster. He got a contract because he stepped up his game. Now he looks like he doesn't give a shit. I wouldn't be doing it for motivation. I would be doing it to make us better. I am tired of the DJ roller coaster ride. We have been through this 100 times with DJ.

It would send a message. The message would be play hard or get the **** out.

Also, are you GAChiefKU?

beach tribe 09-18-2012 07:55 AM

We looked equally as bad the first two games last season. If not worse. The D needs to get it's shit together. I think that's going to happen soon.
I may be the only one, but now that the anger of looking like complete bafoons has subsided, I still think the season is worth saving and can actually be saved, after watching Manning look like shit last night.