ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Neighbor dilemna (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264248)

BigMeatballDave 09-25-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8950839)

LOL forgot about that thread.

007 09-25-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8950834)
'Dilemna' is misspelled.

Im unristed. I dn't giv a fling fck.

trndobrd 09-25-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8950524)
How do ask your neighbors to try and keep their dog from barking incessantly without sounding like an ass. Getting woke up 3 days in a row now working nights is killing me. All the while they are leaving the dog outside for hours at a time. Something they didn't used to do.

Since I have to sleep from 8:30 to 4:00 everyday, getting woke up all the time like this is becoming a problem now. It doesn't help that my bedroom is right next to where their dog does this.

They are great neighbors BTW. Never had an issue until this.

The dogs are barking because they want to be let out of the back yard. Go over and let them out.

SAUTO 09-25-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 8950608)
I tried asking nicely regarding a mean dog situation a while back.

3 days later he roared out of the house beady eyed and sweaty when I got home from lunch and wanted to argue in front of my wife and kid. Tats blazing, no shirt, sweating like a whore in church and at one point told me he'd been to prison 3 times. I told him in some direct form that this information did not make me nervous and that he didn't make me nervous, which kind of took him back a step I think.

I then said "just so there is no confusion, what I meant was, If that ****ing dog comes back in my yard, I will kill it in front of you. I care more about keeping my kids safe than pissing you off and if that pisses you off, I don't give a shit"

In short....My experience has been that asking nice never works out because they're pissed off anyway.

Meatball the canine and say nothing.

I think I love you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frazod 09-25-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8950745)
It boggles my mind. I'm sure a lot of people simply put the burden on the neighbor to complain if it's an issue, but I cannot understand how people think it's okay if their dog sits outside for hours at a time barking at everything that moves. I've thought about mowing my lawn at 7am on a Saturday to see if they're okay with that... :shrug:

Yeah, dog people just don't seem to get it. One of my best friends had a hyper-spastic Rhodesian Ridgeback - the dog was friendly, but it was huge and it wouldn't leave us alone. It clawed a hole in my shirt, scratched my wife and me enough to draw blood, and he didn't lift a finger to stop it or put the goddamn thing away. Just seemed offended that we didn't like his dumbass dog. This was in New York and we were supposed to spend the night with them - instead we opted for a hotel - and ventured out into an ice storm to do it. Discipline your kids, discipline your pets. It's really not that hard.

This same friend spent the past weekend here. I was hoping one of my cats would piss on his luggage, but sadly they don't **** with house guests. :D

R8RFAN 09-25-2012 05:51 PM

don't hurt a dog for barking

SAUTO 09-25-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 8950695)
Most dog people appear to be fairly oblivious to how other people are affected by their pets.

Be it barking, shitting, or bringing them overnight into the homes of people with no inside pets or letting them bark at babies.

Try to ask nicely, but don't be surprised when they are butt sore and act accordingly.

I have a guy who walks his three big dogs past the shop three times a day. He let's them shit anywhere, and then he let's them piss on tires. One day he stops and let's them piss on all four tires of a car in getting ready to rotate and balance the tires on.

Needless to saythey don't piss or shit in front of the shop anymore. I just told him in no uncertain terms I was tired of it and would pick up spill the shit I could find and put it on the hood of his brand new ****ing truck. Just returning his property officer...
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 09-25-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 8950766)
Had a neighbor with a ****ing beagle that did that non stop barking all day long and when they left her out at night, all night long. Dude was a preacher man and was married to some gal from Norway? One of those European countries where you take the name of your wife along with your name when you marry one of them. Anyway, the other neighbors were bitching and moaning about the damn dog too, so I wrote up a nice little letter informing them of how their dog was making everyone else's life miserable and that we all really enjoyed having them as neighbors and didn't want trouble. Even offerred to buy them a bark collar if we could to help rectify the situation. 3 families signed it and I sent it in the mail. I don't think they took the dog in for like a week after that. Preacherman would dodge us when he saw us, hanging his head and looking away. I wanted to tell him that's what you get marrying some broad who makes you put her last name right in there beside yours and makes you have to use three names instead of two

we have two beagles
male is calm and never barks. Female is SUPER HYPER and ****ing barks nonstop. She got a bark collar after two days
Posted via Mobile Device

wazu 09-25-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8950616)

This sounds too good to be true.

RaiderH8r 09-25-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 8950608)
I tried asking nicely regarding a mean dog situation a while back.

3 days later he roared out of the house beady eyed and sweaty when I got home from lunch and wanted to argue in front of my wife and kid. Tats blazing, no shirt, sweating like a whore in church and at one point told me he'd been to prison 3 times. I told him in some direct form that this information did not make me nervous and that he didn't make me nervous, which kind of took him back a step I think.

I then said "just so there is no confusion, what I meant was, If that ****ing dog comes back in my yard, I will kill it in front of you. I care more about keeping my kids safe than pissing you off and if that pisses you off, I don't give a shit"

In short....My experience has been that asking nice never works out because they're pissed off anyway.

Meatball the canine and say nothing.

The force is strong with you.

bevischief 09-25-2012 06:17 PM

They have sleeping pills and alcohol to help with this. I worked for years working the midnight shift living in apartments.

mikeyis4dcats. 09-25-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8950592)
Yeah, I already have a fan and noise machine running all day. the dog is louder.

Rod, give one of these a try. MUCH more effective than the regular "static" white noise machines.

http://www.amazon.com/Conditioner-Ma...=noise+machine

Saulbadguy 09-25-2012 06:32 PM

Shoot the ****ing dog.

seclark 09-25-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 8950957)
They have sleeping pills and alcohol to help with this. I worked for years working the midnight shift living in apartments.

**** that...i aint giving good shit to a barking dog.:#
sec

Spott 09-25-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8950906)
we have two beagles
male is calm and never barks. Female is SUPER HYPER and ****ing barks nonstop. She got a bark collar after two days
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm probably going to hell for this, but oh well. I used to have some neighbors who had a dog that did this non stop. They had 3 dogs, and one of them was this little annoying rat terrier that barked really loud all the damn time. Every time it saw me it would bark incessantly. I tried befriending the dog and even gave him food to see if it would shut him up but it didn't work. The owners of the dog were both deaf so they didn't realize how annoying their dog was.

After about 6 months of this, the owners went out of town for a week and asked me if I could feed their dogs while they were gone. When they were gone I bought one of those bark collars for the dog and let him wear it for a week. It's amazing how good those things work.