ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Man spends a day without a cell phone in NYC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264278)

DaneMcCloud 09-26-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8952817)
I'm 27 years old, don't use a Cell Phone, Twitter or Facebook.

Gasp....

Lame.

You're missing out on all the chicks that text nude pics.

rad 09-26-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8952795)
We have two Voip lines because we don't get even close to a solid cell reception in our home. Plus, I like having a wireless phone in nearly every room. I'd lose my cell and miss an important calls for one reason or another.

All of this and more. I can't imagine not having a cell in Los Angeles and I don't think I've forgotten to take my cell with me when I leave the house in over a decade.

Been contemplating the Voip thing.......who do you use?

As for the smartphone thing, I already go some days without looking at it. Sometimes I leave it in my car for days.

vailpass 09-26-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 8952769)
I don't have kids and slowly getting myself off the grid. If you ever have a week to not give a **** come deep into the Rockies. Bring gear. You and about 15-20 other people here have open invite.

Understand the whole family thing but you learn to not like your cell phone. Actually you learn to hate it. :D

Appreciate it man. Would love to sit on a huge warm rock in the middle of a mountain stream again, haven't done it for a while.

I lived in Colo for 4 years. Used to camp in Rifle for days on end and emerge to hit the bucksnort for a couple day long reign of terror. Loved Pine too. Been all over the high country. Was in that beautiful little tourist trap (kidding) you live in last summer to take my boys on the train.

DaneMcCloud 09-26-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rad (Post 8953033)
Been contemplating the Voip thing.......who do you use?

As for the smartphone thing, I already go some days without looking at it. Sometimes I leave it in my car for days.

We've had Time Warner bundles with their Business internet since 2006. It's like $25 a month with unlimited North American calling and we've been really happy with their service.

Recently, I replaced the phone system in our home with a new Panasonic offering from Coscto. It features Blue Tooth that when enabled, allows you to receive a cell call using the Panasonic system. It's great because you're not stuck with carrying around a cell phone everywhere. It's pretty cool.

Otter 09-26-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8953039)
Appreciate it man. Would love to sit on a huge warm rock in the middle of a mountain stream again, haven't done it for a while.

I lived in Colo for 4 years. Used to camp in Rifle for days on end and emerge to hit the bucksnort for a couple day long reign of terror. Loved Pine too. Been all over the high country. Was in that beautiful little tourist trap (kidding) you live in last summer to take my boys on the train.

It's a tourist trap but it's a tourist trap 10 minutes away from God's land in every direction. Someone has to bring in the bucks. :D

rockymtnchief 09-26-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8952725)
Do any of you still have land lines?

That is our issue, we got rid of ours about three years ago.

Yup

$23 with unlimited long distance in the lower 48.

Coach 09-26-2012 05:58 PM

I have a cell phone, but I can go through it without 3 days, easy.

Spott 09-26-2012 07:48 PM

Done it plenty of times. Just went on vacation in the mountains in Tennessee for a week and there's absolutely no cell phone service anywhere up there, at least not with AT&T. Done it a few times on 4-5 day cruises as well.

Bugeater 09-26-2012 08:06 PM

I'd love nothing more than to smash mine into little ****ing pieces.

Shaid 09-26-2012 08:49 PM

I don't own one so yeah, I think I might be able to handle it.

HoneyBadger 09-26-2012 08:52 PM

I always need mine... to make sure I don't miss any booty calls.

clyde05 09-26-2012 11:42 PM

Only time I've been without mine is if I take a cruise, I know there are ways around using them on a cruise but I do the better safe then sorry philosophy.

Imon Yourside 09-27-2012 01:54 AM

I can go a full day without it, no problem. The people trying to get a hold of me my might have an issue but i wouldn't miss it.

007 09-27-2012 02:08 AM

absolutely and it would be easy.

Pushead2 09-27-2012 04:36 AM

yawn...been there and done it. Where's my article?