ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Ref lockout is over. Will you be less critical? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264300)

Rausch 09-27-2012 07:49 AM

Poll = misleading.

I'll be even more critical because I expect more from better trained and more experienced refs...

Rausch 09-27-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8953857)
I just wish they'd call a consistent game. Nothing pisses me off more than seeing Tamba manhandled on a play with no call, then on the other side of the ball a big gainer is brought back due to a ticky tack call totally not having anything to do with the play.

That's how I felt about the NO game. In the 2nd quarter I was ticked and thought we had about 3 offensive PI calls.

Then in the 4th Bowe figured it out and just started cock-punching DB's for 1st downs and I was like "well, these refs are ****ed. They don't know $#itty calls vs. the Chiefs is actually in the rule book. They'll be gone in a week..."

FAX 09-27-2012 07:52 AM

I've been thinking ... I know, you guys are stunned and shocked, but there's no need to congratulate me ... it's the medication.

Anyhow, I was thinking that maybe the best thing that could happen is for the new, old refs to blow the bejesus out of a couple of major calls. I mean, really stink up the place with some appalling, asinine, obviously incorrect and blatant screw up that costs one of the teams a game and deserves a giant asterisk or two. (Kind of like the last game.)

My idea is that, if that were to occur and since every NFL fan is already at least half pissed off over the refereeing, perhaps it would cause such an uproar that the league would seriously tighten up on the officiating and we would start seeing really significant changes in the consistency of calls like ... say ... choke-holding on OLBs rushing the passer!!!

FAX

CoMoChief 09-27-2012 07:53 AM

I would imagine id would take them a little time to get into the flow of things.

They didn't have training camps or preseason games to work on their craft.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-27-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8953864)
That's how I felt about the NO game. In the 2nd quarter I was ticked and thought we had about 3 offensive PI calls.

Then in the 4th Bowe figured it out and just started cock-punching DB's for 1st downs and I was like "well, these refs are ****ed. They don't know $#itty calls vs. the Chiefs is actually in the rule book. They'll be gone in a week..."

Heh, yep. The n00bs blew, but at least they consistently blew. People forget they called a BS penalty on the Pack's go ahead drive as well that extended it.

morphius 09-27-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8953742)
after all they are just refs. Part time employees. WE can't expect them to be perfect.

LMAO

EDIT

Part time employees that want to be paid $173,000 per year.

Part time employees that get paid retirement as well...

Pasta Little Brioni 09-27-2012 08:03 AM

I feel sorry for the opponents of Green Bay, New England, and Denver. These refs shall avenge the previous losses of thier golden boys and allow Clady to bring a rope on to the field and hog tie defenders to keep them from thier Precious. I will be monitoring called penalities in these games closely.

Frazod 09-27-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8953883)
I feel sorry for the opponents of Green Bay, New England, and Denver. These refs shall avenge the previous losses of thier golden boys and allow Clady to bring a rope on to the field and hog tie defenders to keep them from thier Precious. I will be monitoring called penalities in these games closely.

Somebody should photoshop Gollum's head onto Manning's body.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-27-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8953885)
Somebody should photoshop Gollum's head onto Manning's body.

But, I like Howard better LMAO

Frazod 09-27-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8953893)
But, I like Howard better LMAO

He actually looks more like Gollum, though. :D

Frazod 09-27-2012 08:10 AM

And Green Bay gets New Orleans at home. I don't think replacement refs would have made any difference. %(/

alnorth 09-27-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8953669)
Yea but think about it, that play had to be reviewed by the real review teams and was let thru as well

The replay booth only buzzes down to the field. The ref on the field still reviews it.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-27-2012 08:24 AM

Only if they try to derail my TANK!

Pasta Little Brioni 09-27-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthCarlSatan (Post 8953922)
Only if they try to derail my TANK!

The defense playing up to thier potential and Hurricane Charles will be what derails your tank. Sorry.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-27-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8953927)
The defense playing up to thier potential and Hurricane Charles will be what derails your tank. Sorry.

Sadly, you truly underestimate the suck of Gus Choadchuggler.