ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Anyone have An ACL tear and not have surgery? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265038)

R8RFAN 10-12-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 9006461)
ACL? All arthroscopic except for the patella removal

Heel spurs-big ol' scar.

Damn the whole kneecap has to come off?

R8RFAN 10-12-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9006455)
Speaking of pain....anyone ever have pain on the top/side of their foot

This isn't a pic of my foot, but the arrow is pointing exactly where it hurts....feels likes it's badly bruised and i can barely put any weight on it at all...I'm limping really bad.
http://freeradical.me/wp-content/upl...-foot-pain.png

I woke up this way....have no god damn idea how this happened? Only thing I can think of is that i sit all day at work and I cross my ankles under my desk with the "sore" anke pressed onto the ground by the other ankle. Hell I dunno. Anyone else ever have this pain? It's awful.

Jesus punishing you for using his name in vain?

displacedinMN 10-12-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9006477)
Damn the whole kneecap has to come off?

cut a section of patella to repair the acl
patella then repaired.

I hope this is not the point I have to say-duh.

Superbowltrashcan 10-12-2012 07:29 PM

DO IT! DO IT! NIIKE BEGS YOU JUST DO IT! My daughter blew out her ACL playing high school soccer and completely tore the medial meniscus as well. She rehabbed it full bore and is playing collegiate soccer now. I have no articular cartilage myself in my left knee so all I can tell you is I wish to god there was a fix for me. No more running sucks so please do it.... ( You do have insurance right?)

Bump 10-12-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9006315)
They never heal naturally?

lol no, ligaments don't heal back together.

stonedstooge 10-12-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9006372)
Gotta ask, and it's probably somewhat different, what about sex?
Have to ask. It's an important factor. For real.

Gee I don't know, but I'll give it a shot if you want.

Carlota69 10-12-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 9006486)
cut a section of patella to repair the acl
patella then repaired.

I hope this is not the point I have to say-duh.

I'm going to take it from my hamstring or a cadaver.they say patella is more painful

Carlota69 10-12-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superbowltrashcan (Post 9006519)
DO IT! DO IT! NIIKE BEGS YOU JUST DO IT! My daughter blew out her ACL playing high school soccer and completely tore the medial meniscus as well. She rehabbed it full bore and is playing collegiate soccer now. I have no articular cartilage myself in my left knee so all I can tell you is I wish to god there was a fix for me. No more running sucks so please do it.... ( You do have insurance right?)

Yes I do. The whole idea sucks...

GloryDayz 10-12-2012 08:38 PM

Yep, been there, done that... Lots and lots and lots of hamstring. You're looking for 80% ham-to-quad strength ratio. Perhaps it's not all that simple, but suffice it to say, it's going to be a LOT of hamstring work if you want to go the non-surgical route.

Carlota69 10-12-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9006701)
Yep, been there, done that... Lots and lots and lots of hamstring. You're looking for 80% ham-to-quad strength ratio. Perhaps it's not all that simple, but suffice it to say, it's going to be a LOT of hamstring work if you want to go the non-surgical route.

And how's are you doing with no surgery?

GloryDayz 10-12-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9006708)
And how's are you doing with no surgery?

30 years later and I'm still walking. I don't like sports with hard cuts like soccer and tennis, be if I can keep things otherwise it's generally OK. I always have a few times each wrestling season when ot "pops out" and is tender for a few days, but it always pops back in. Had I let them do the surgery some 30 years back, I'd be in worse shape I think... If I had todays technology at my disposal, I'd be tempted.

My son was born with no ACL (Google it, you'll surprised who had that revelation later in life!!!) and wrestled at the state level three different years, and that's amazing. He started in the gym (because of the condition) a few years early, but it was under close supervision from me and very well regimented towards a kid who was 10 when he found out. Honestly, condition or not, one of the best things ever. Wake up at 4:00am and lift with your son and you build one hell of a bond! He has yet to have any surgery and does play a LOT of tennis these days. So I'm pretty big on letting the hammies go a long way to being the solution until surgery is the better option.

If it doesn't work for you, then you have many options, one will obviously suit your goals.

ghak99 10-12-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9006326)
Mine was a story kinda like yours ..lol

Pissing fell into the tub while zipping up. Foot got caught between the tub and toilet while I was in tub.

Then I couldn't get out of tub, stuck, and drunk as hell
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9006337)
Oh go ahead, me and the wife laugh about it to this day, I tore the shower curtain and rod down, ****ed up the faucet.

Good times.. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9006351)
And while we have been doing this huge ****ing house project I made sure in the new bathrooms the toilets are totally away from everything else.
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Carlota69 10-12-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9006739)
30 years later and I'm still walking. I don't like sports with hard cuts like soccer and tennis, be if I can keep things otherwise it's generally OK. I always have a few times each wrestling season when ot "pops out" and is tender for a few days, but it always pops back in. Had I let them do the surgery some 30 years back, I'd be in worse shape I think... If I had todays technology at my disposal, I'd be tempted.

My son was born with no ACL (Google it, you'll surprised who had that revelation later in life!!!) and wrestled at the state level three different years, and that's amazing. He started in the gym (because of the condition) a few years early, but it was under close supervision from me and very well regimented towards a kid who was 10 when he found out. Honestly, condition or not, one of the best things ever. Wake up at 4:00am and lift with your son and you build one hell of a bond! He has yet to have any surgery and does play a LOT of tennis these days. So I'm pretty big on letting the hammies go a long way to being the solution until surgery is the better option.

If it doesn't work for you, then you have many options, one will obviously suit your goals.

So is all about the Hammie's more than the quads and obviously knee strength?

SAUTO 10-12-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 9006748)
ROFL ROFL ROFL

All true. Every ****ing word of it. LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

GloryDayz 10-12-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9006763)
So is all about the Hammie's more than the quads and obviously knee strength?

Well there aren't really any muscles "in" the knee, mostly connective tissue. and the quads are naturally stronger than the quads - if for no other reason than the quad's pure size (largest in the body actually). So yes, the normal hammie-to-quad differential is quite a lot from a number perspective, what you'd be trying to do of cut into that differential. It's not an easy muscle to work out - Russians on the wall or a ham-curl machine are what I think ar ethe simplest option, but it's going to take focus. But a good workout regiment seems to allow for all these things to go the right way...