ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ESPN - Jeff Chadiha - Flaws of Chiefs' GM exposed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265684)

cabletech94 10-25-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9050637)
Is soccer season over?

what the hell is soccer? :clap:

The Bad Guy 10-25-2012 10:20 PM

This guy has also been putting Pioli on blast since right after the playoff loss to Baltimore.

DaneMcCloud 10-25-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9050629)
Whitlock had this guy tabbed early in 2009 for a fraud.

Whitlock and Whitlock alone

notorious 10-25-2012 10:21 PM

The mass media likes to pile on when it's a sure thing.

This is going to end soon.

DaneMcCloud 10-25-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9050683)
The mass media likes to pile on when it's a sure thing.

This is going to end soon.

I have my doubts but I hope you're right.

Every time I think the Hunt family will do the "right" thing, I usually have to wait a few years.

BossChief 10-25-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9050689)

Every time I think the Hunt family will do the "right" thing, I usually have to wait a few years.

I hear ya, man.
Our only saving grace is that Clark took over in 2007 and a year later, he stripped Carl Peterson of his decision making powers and handed the draft to Bill and Herm.

Hopefully, he is just giving this season time to turn things around and by looking at the next 3 games that doesn't appear to be happening any time soon. From here out, the fail will be in the national spotlight.

Its gonna be hard for Clark to not fire Pioli after the Pittsburgh game. I truly believe that and have called the following Tuesday as the date of his dismissal.

notorious 10-25-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9050689)

I hope so, too. Look back at ESPN and JoPa, Steroids, etc. The floodgates opened once they found out attacking was acceptable and the cool thing to do.

The Chiefs are but a stale fart in the wind on the national level, though.

Hammock Parties 10-25-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9050696)
Its gonna be hard for Clark to not fire Pioli after the Pittsburgh game. I truly believe that and have called the following Tuesday as the date of his dismissal.

Clark is giving Pioli one last, desperate chance to turn it around.

I agree with the timeline.

BigMeatballDave 10-25-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9050696)

This would be epic, but I fully expect Scott to be around until the end of this season.

I'll be shocked, otherwise.

DaneMcCloud 10-25-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9050721)
I hope so, too. Look back at ESPN and JoPa, Steroids, etc. The floodgates opened once they found out attacking was acceptable and the cool thing to do.

The Chiefs are but a stale fart in the wind on the national level, though.

I'm not sure if I buy that argument in 2012.

1977? 1980? 1984? Sure.

With a 24 hour news cycle, which includes not only the NFL Network, ESPN and local news, we now have CBS Sports Channel, NBC Sports channel and various regional Fox Sports channels, not to mention Social Media.

The heat is on, without a doubt. The question is, at least for me, does Clark feel it?

notorious 10-25-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9050742)
The heat is on, without a doubt. The question is, at least for me, does Clark feel it?

You're right. We both know the answer to that question.

I think Pioli lasts until the evening after our final game this season.

DaneMcCloud 10-25-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9050746)
You're right. We both know the answer to that question.

I think Pioli lasts until the evening after our final game this season.

I should re-phrase my question: Does Clark feel it so much that he's willing to eat millions and make a change?

I hope that you're right but something tells me that IF this team can pull out a few more wins (highly unlikely), he may be able to self-justify just one more year.

notorious 10-25-2012 11:00 PM

Clark might be snakebit right now, too. He is probably thinking,"I just hired the can't miss GM of the century, and he failed. I don't know what I am doing."

In business, that is a scary place to be.

BossChief 10-25-2012 11:00 PM

Clark has to understand that with multiple teams already releasing their GMs, the good replacements will start to dry up the longer he waits to pull the trigger.

That is a big part of the date of dismissal I predicted.

FAX 10-25-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9050765)
I should re-phrase my question: Does Clark feel it so much that he's willing to eat millions and make a change?

I hope that you're right but something tells me that IF this team can pull out a few more wins (highly unlikely), he may be able to self-justify just one more year.

I think that's the way the cards are falling right now.

Pioli is hoping for a few mid-season wins so he can do the "We're seeing some positive results and how 'bout that Romeo?" dance. That, he hopes, will quiet the madding crowd and buy him more time. The fact is, it probably would.

FAX