ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs So...I heard this wild theory/rumor today at work... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265749)

Pasta Little Brioni 10-26-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9052757)
I am kinda warning up to the idea...

I know I'm and idiot
Posted via Mobile Device

I can see why you think that way. All depends how much he learns from his mistakes.

SAUTO 10-26-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9052761)
I can see why you think that way. All depends how much he learns from his mistakes.

Exactly. At least he went out and stayed aggressive no matter what.
Posted via Mobile Device

FAX 10-26-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9052685)
Good grief - that's EXACTLY why you don't hire Marty as GM, because the impending nepotism will ruin the franchise... as if it were even possible to get any lower than rock bottom.

ROFL

You never know ... I thought we were at rock bottom 3 years ago.

FAX

Phobia 10-26-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9052770)
ROFL

You never know ... I thought we were at rock bottom 3 years ago.

FAX

I thought Herm was the lowest we could go and now I'd gladly have him over what we got.

bevischief 10-26-2012 06:56 PM

So where do you work?

FAX 10-26-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9052784)
I thought Herm was the lowest we could go and now I'd gladly have him over what we got.

ROFL

I know. It's a lesson on how to make worse than bad even worse.

When you back off for a moment and look it objectively, it's staggering the way Pioli has screwed this thing up.

I mean, one would honestly think that, in order to destroy a franchise this spectacularly, you actually have to make a conscious, dedicated effort and work very hard at it.

Failures like this just don't happen by themselves.

FAX

DaWolf 10-26-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9052685)
Good grief - that's EXACTLY why you don't hire Marty as GM, because the impending nepotism will ruin the franchise... as if it were even possible to get any lower than rock bottom.

Can you imagine? Brian Schottenheimer as HC and Kurt Schottenheimer back as DC? :shake:

Dayze 10-26-2012 09:13 PM

Paul hacket

Simply Red 10-26-2012 09:29 PM

I don't even think Pioli could move up to Manager at the local 7-11 or QT.

cabletech94 10-26-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9052268)
So today at the water cooler, I heard some wild rumors/theories about Chiefs ownership and it made me think.

Who actually has true ownership of the Chiefs? Does Clark have final say?

Yes, I know Clark is the CEO/Chairman of the board etc.

But is it just him solely or are there a board of directors and certain decisions go to a vote etc?

Reason I ask is because this person said he heard on AM sports talk radio (dunno which one 610/810) about how Clark wanted to fire Pioli but the "board of directors" voted no.

Is there any truth at all to this? First time I've heard anything remotely close to anything like this.

some of this has already been said here, don't care.
it was on fescoe (610) this morning. so take it for what it's worth. basically said that there were 5 on the bod. reported that clark wants pioli gone. but the majority wants to keep him on board due to money owed blah, blah, blah.

there was no one actually quoted, which makes me tend to believe that it was speculation on fescoes "source".

i'm sure its on a podcast or something on their site. i'm just passing along what i heard from that station today.

Ace Gunner 10-26-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9052715)
A QB??? EVERYTHING. It's the one thing you have to have nowadays. You can get by with lesser talent and having a boob at HC.

Agreed. See Barry Switzer, superbowl champion HC.

This team ain't got the talent many fans say it does. DJ is the most over rated player on the team, perhaps in the NFL and Berry this season is playing like a 4th rndr. Dorsey blows and the team has fewer sacks than they've had since the worst years.

They are just coming back to earth after Haley shocked them for wins. They actually believed his bullshit for about a season, but when they began getting thumped again under Haley, and his authority all but stripped, this team began it's decent and return to what they are -- which is not very good. Trash time heroes.

If it weren't for Jamaal this team is a shoe in for first up come april.

Ace Gunner 10-26-2012 09:59 PM

As for the notion the Hunt fam is organized as a board -- well duh, the riches of Lamar belong to them. Clark spoke in place of Pioli during Haley's firing and he is protecting him, or has been, at least.

Really, it's up to the fans. The Hunt's will go where the money trail leads them.

Psyko Tek 10-26-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9052337)
That's my marking point, when KC is officially out the playoff race.

wasn't that last week?
if not will be early november

nstygma 10-27-2012 12:16 AM

these are the only other board members:
Lee Derrough
Jim Holland

no telling about stock ownership though

RunKC 10-27-2012 12:52 AM

A QB fixes a lot of problems, but not even a first round QB can fix this coaching staff. Romeo has no clue what he's done. Not a clue at all.

And McDaniels won't come here. It was said that Pioli wanted McDaniels last spring but Clark said no because they would have no support. No way Josh comes here now that things are as bad as ever money wise for Clark.