ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Books Please do me a Favor (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266703)

JohnnyV13 11-17-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9125219)
Is it the story of a two sport high school star from California recruited to USC only to be stuck behind two heisman trophy winners and never start a game yet managed to get drafted late by the patriots and back up a hall of famer only to step in for said hall of famer when he is injured and play decent enough to bamboozle some dumbass team into screwing over their fans by sticking with him even though he sucks?

Eureka! That will be the plot of my next book.

unlurking 11-17-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyV13 (Post 9124896)
There will be one eventually. To get Amazon to do a free promotion it has to be exclusive to Amazon for 90 days. (I will get another 3 day free promotion later).

I have also designed a paperback version which will be priced at 9.99 and will be available from Amazon soon, but I'm finalizing the layout.

After the 90 day exclusive period, I'll put it up on smashwords, which will create versions available on virtually any ebook platform (including the apple store).

However, you don't need an actual kindle to read a kindle book. You can download a "Kindle reader" that will work on pretty much any device (computer, smartphone or tablet). My sister reads Kindle novels on her iPad.

One of the biggest misconceptions I've run into while talking to people about my book is that you need a Kindle device to read a Kindle book.

No misconception, I just don't do locked in/proprietary if I can avoid it. I've spent a small fortune at Baen due to their open policies. I also have no plans of installing an application to read closed products that I can only license, not purchase.

I know, I've become a crotchety old man.

Bump the thread when you upload an epub version and I'll grab a copy!

Mr. Laz 11-17-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9125924)
No misconception, I just don't do locked in/proprietary if I can avoid it. I've spent a small fortune at Baen due to their open policies. I also have no plans of installing an application to read closed products that I can only license, not purchase.

I know, I've become a crotchety old man.

Bump the thread when you upload an epub version and I'll grab a copy!

this is about bumping his book profile, not your reading preference

just download then delete it :shrug:

unlurking 11-17-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9125934)
this is about bumping his book profile, not your reading preference

just download then delete it :shrug:

No thanks.

I'd rather purchase a copy of the book than support the Kindle format, which I would be doing in attempting to show support for the author by downloading a Kindle version. Same concept as wanting Hunt to see empty seats, I won't give Amazon a click on a format I think is wrong.

This in a genre that I read and sounds interesting, so I will support a CP author by purchasing a copy when available in either an open standard or dead tree version.

Not trying to make a "statement" or anything. Just how I feel.

Mr. Laz 11-17-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9126091)

ummm ... that's exactly what you are trying to do.

but hey, you go with your bad self

no problem here

unlurking 11-17-2012 09:19 PM

Not really. I asked if there was another format available out of interest in the work. I then went on to clarify that it was not a lack of a Kindle keeping me from downloading.

But please feel free to go on with your superficial support of downloading then ignoring the author's work. Mighty wide of ya.

Jenson71 11-17-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9126579)
Not really. I asked if there was another format available out of interest in the work. I then went on to clarify that it was not a lack of a Kindle keeping me from downloading.

But please feel free to go on with your superficial support of downloading then ignoring the author's work. Mighty wide of ya.

Some of us just like JohnnyV, even though we don't care for the genre.

JohnnyV13 11-17-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9126091)
No thanks.

I'd rather purchase a copy of the book than support the Kindle format, which I would be doing in attempting to show support for the author by downloading a Kindle version. Same concept as wanting Hunt to see empty seats, I won't give Amazon a click on a format I think is wrong.

This in a genre that I read and sounds interesting, so I will support a CP author by purchasing a copy when available in either an open standard or dead tree version.

A paperback version is coming. Proofs are coming for my review. I'm committed to Kindle for another two months or so, and then I'll be on almost every other ebook format because I'll create a smashwords version. Ignore the current pricing. My ebook versions will go back to .99 cents after the promotion is over. The trade paperback will cost $9.99 on Amazon and should be available to order in Dec.

Ming the Merciless 11-18-2012 12:00 AM

done, ordered it for my wife's kindle (she reads fantasy genre)

thanks man

RealSNR 11-18-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9125219)
Is it the story of a two sport high school star from California recruited to USC only to be stuck behind two heisman trophy winners and never start a game yet managed to get drafted late by the patriots and back up a hall of famer only to step in for said hall of famer when he is injured and play decent enough to bamboozle some dumbass team into screwing over their fans by sticking with him even though he sucks?

Now that's what I call fantasy!

dmahurin 11-18-2012 12:58 AM

Done

unlurking 11-18-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyV13 (Post 9126964)
A paperback version is coming. Proofs are coming for my review. I'm committed to Kindle for another two months or so, and then I'll be on almost every other ebook format because I'll create a smashwords version. Ignore the current pricing. My ebook versions will go back to .99 cents after the promotion is over. The trade paperback will cost $9.99 on Amazon and should be available to order in Dec.

Sounds good! Be sure to bump when available and I'll pick up a copy!

JohnnyV13 12-08-2012 10:33 PM

Hey, My book is now on a free Kindle promotion again. If you helped last time, many thanx. If you didn't DL it in November, its free until Tuesday.

Unlurking, I just approved my proof copy for the trade paperback, which means it available in the Createspace e store and you can order it on Amazon in five days.

Thanx everyone. This time, I have already given away more than my entire giveaway from last time, and have hit #16 on Epic Fantasy and #913 overall.

Shooting for the top 100 overall on Kindle free books.