ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Sam Mellinger Nails It! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266775)

stonedstooge 11-18-2012 08:16 PM

Me thinks Clark already extended Pioli and doesn't want to take the financial hit. Hell if the contract was done during the summer, who the hell knows what kind of buyout language it has in it.

Hammock Parties 11-18-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9131427)
I honestly think Clark wants to improve the situation, but has zero clue how to do it. He turned the organization over to a guy he thought could run it, paid him a shit ton of money, and it blew up in his face and now he doesn't know what to do.

He knows he has to fire Pioli.

I bet he's pulling out his hair trying to ID the replacement GM.

DeezNutz 11-18-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9131436)
Me thinks Clark already extended Pioli and doesn't want to take the financial hit. Hell if the contract was done during the summer, who the hell knows what kind of buyout language it has in it.

Clark denied that he gave Pioli an extension. (Hunt was the source for Teicher's article, no question about that.)

ChiefsCountry 11-18-2012 08:18 PM

I predict a fairly big crowd next week with it being Thanksgiving weekend, Denver, and Peyton Manning coming in.

Chieftain58 11-18-2012 08:18 PM

Pioli hitched his wagon onto CASSEL and they all need to be shown the door... And whatever they do they better ignore Friggin Mel kiper

the Talking Can 11-18-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9131419)
So he vest time to fly around the country every other week to watch a team suck ass but has no interest in improving the situation outside of the negativity being an inconvenience?

Doesn't pass the smell test.

sorry, forgot i was talking to Mr. Wrong About Everything

what i should have said, so as not to stir the tiny snow globe in your skull:

Clark is has long thirsted for a championship and is currently interrogating fans, other GMs, and the squirrels in an effort to develop a multi-faceted plan for building a superbowl winning franchise....he will spare no time or expense, and tolerate no failure...he can not sleep at night knowing we are so far from a championship....but he also can't put his finger on what is wrong since and pioli, crennel, and cassel are all performing above expectations...if it isn't pioli and crennel "what, what could it be!?!?" he implores to the squirrels and fans...this is the most likely explanation for a man long known to be obsessed with only one thing: finding the right latin guy to bang his wife...

no, wait, I meant: winning a championship

gblowfish 11-18-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9131444)
I predict a fairly big crowd next week with it being Thanksgiving weekend, Denver, and Peyton Manning coming in.

The place will be LOUSY with Donk fans. They love to kick us when we're down. It's always been that way.

FAX 11-18-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9131436)

The thing about that is this; every owner takes into account the possibility of an early termination when they hire a GM, a coach, and assistant ... anybody. It's always factored into the initial hiring decision.

I think people make far too much of this notion that Clark would take a financial hit in order to fire Pioli. Although it's true, I think it's a tad over-blown, to be honest.

FAX

KCUnited 11-18-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9131435)
Fire the mother****er and get someone else. Wash your hands, lint roll your suit, and move on.

This just isn't that hard.

Agreed, but he hasn't even paid the last coach. This guy is eating coal and shitting diamonds.

ChiefsCountry 11-18-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9131448)
The place will be LOUSY with Donk fans. They love to kick us when we're down. It's always been that way.

Yep those Western Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma and other losers will fill up Arrowhead.

stonedstooge 11-18-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9131453)
The thing about that is this; every owner takes into account the possibility of an early termination when they hire a GM, a coach, and assistant ... anybody. It's always factored into the initial hiring decision.

I think people make far too much of this notion that Clark would take a financial hit in order to fire Pioli. Although it's true, I think it's a tad over-blown, to be honest.

FAX

Could be. I know I'm tired of playing spy games with this group. It's a lot of work trying to be a Cheaps fan. Instead of bringing me pleasure, they make my head hurt

DeezNutz 11-18-2012 08:23 PM

As for why he's flying to road games...same reason fans go to Arrowhead: to party.

No, he's not out drinking Nats with the peasants, but there's little doubt there are all sorts of "designer" party favors in the suites (Whitney Houston clip).

RINGLEADER 11-18-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9131308)
Clark will just ignore it again.:shake:

He will ignore it until the bottomline forces him to pay attention.

And given the way the league is structured there's not really much of a reason to pay attention.

FringeNC 11-18-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9131388)

he hired pioli to 'set it and forget it'...and if we were even in eyesight of mediocre, he'd be profitable and unconcerned...that's why he extended him last year, pioli was doing well enough, it would have never occurred to him to actually evaluate what pioli had built (crennel, cassel)

His unquestioning acceptance of letting Pioli bring back Cassel with no legitimate competition is damning. He was clueless that Cassel was viewed as complete garbage by people who, you know, buy season tickets and put money into his pockets. The damage the never-ending Cassel experiment has done to this franchise is mind-blowing.

Hammock Parties 11-18-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9131447)
a man long known to be obsessed with only one thing: finding the right latin guy to bang his wife...

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Cuckold Hunt?