ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Alex Smith benched (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266936)

BossChief 11-21-2012 10:51 PM

This is also another HUGE reason that Clark NEEDS to fire Pioli.

You all know that he is salivating over the chance at trading for Smith and using the top pick on a DL to replace Dorsey and Tyson Jackson with.

Chiefspants 11-21-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan (Post 9140518)

ROFL

Bowser 11-21-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9140676)
This is also another HUGE reason that Clark NEEDS to fire Pioli.

You all know that he is salivating over the chance at trading for Smith and using the top pick on a DL to replace Dorsey and Tyson Jackson with.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcddedcyh31r3holv.gif

Al Bundy 11-21-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9140585)
There is NONE at all. I dont even see why they dont let the kid crash and ****ing burn if he sucks that bad. Its like so what. Its like the only shot Pioli has to save face or anything. makes 0 sense, We are out of the play offs. They are playing for NOTHING but pride (though there isnt any of that left).

This organization is just it pisses me off. Pathetic.

This my Song to Pioli (its rap hardcore) haha

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zdgrpcndR7k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is my dedication to Scott Pioli...
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y-idbqUzwxs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rasputin 11-22-2012 12:26 AM

I admire Harbaugh for doing this. Not worried is he about a QBs feelings being butthurt just going by his gut feelings on whats best for his team. Harbaugh didn't draft pick Alex Smith, just a guy he inherited and did his best to make him work. He did a good job with Alex, just Harbaugh knows you got to score plenty of points and have a formidable offense that can score more than what Alex could bring.

cdcox 11-22-2012 12:40 AM

Good call by Harbaugh. The only way this can go wrong is if Colin bombs and Alex D. Smith regresses due to lack of confidence. Smith is having an efficient year pass rating wise, but he is averaging less than 200 yards per game, so they aren't asking much from him. There is a lot of room for improvement from the position.

BossChief 11-22-2012 12:52 AM

If Pioli and Romeo were running the show, Colin Kaepernick would never see the field except for injury.

Easy 6 11-22-2012 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9140826)
If Pioli and Romeo were running the show, Colin Kaepernick would never see the field except for injury.

Stanzi deserves to be kept around initially, by the new regime, as wild card camp/preseason competition if nothing else.

If Quinn goes down, and they push cassel back out there again, wow... nothing, nada, zilch, zero, any word whatever... is lost by having a look.

Its hard to believe this guy is SO mentally deficient that he cant even tie his own damn shoes on the field... take a look, the money has been spent... its like buying a toy and never playing with it.

Rasputin 11-22-2012 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9140841)
Stanzi deserves to be kept around initially, by the new regime, as wild card camp/preseason competition if nothing else.

If Quinn goes down, and they push cassel back out there again, wow... nothing, nada, zilch, zero, any word whatever... is lost by having a look.

Its hard to believe this guy is SO mentally deficient that he cant even tie his own damn shoes on the field... take a look, the money has been spent... its like buying a toy and never playing with it.

Stanzi didn't do himself any favors in preseason but then again neither did the other two shitty QBs we have, but they gave them the reps in practice and preseason that should have gone too Stanzi. Stanzi looked raw and a bit just not knowing what to do. I don't know if he has it to be any good but I'd sure like to see him play out the rest of the season just to find out maybe just maybe he can prove his worth as a back up next year and even show that it doesn't take much to look better than Casshole.

Rasputin 11-22-2012 02:30 AM

How many quarterbacks from the past four drafts taken are now starting QBs in the league?

rtmike 11-22-2012 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9140817)
Good call by Harbaugh. The only way this can go wrong is if Colin bombs and Alex D. Smith regresses due to lack of confidence. Smith is having an efficient year pass rating wise, but he is averaging less than 200 yards per game, so they aren't asking much from him. There is a lot of room for improvement from the position.

The defense might start to regress a little with Colin out there. His work rate is much higher than Alex's meaning the D is gonna have less time to recharge their batteries.

JD10367 11-22-2012 07:34 AM

This is an interesting situation. After only one game for evidence, it's hard to say whether Kapwhathisface is the next Tom Brady or not. I'm not sure you kick a starting QB to the curb after one performance by his backup. The Niners spent years building up Alex Smith's confidence and finally turning him into a decent QB, and with one stroke they just undid all of their work. His rookie year in the league (2005) was horrid (1 TD and 11 picks). His second year was literally average (16 TDs and 16 INTs). His third year wasn't looking great and he only played 7 games, and 2008 was a washout year. But since 2009, in the past four seasons, he's thrown for 62 TDs against only 32 INTs, and his QB rating has gone up each year (81.5 in '09, 82.1 in '10, 90.7 in '11, and 104.1 in '12). Right now he's 3rd in QB rating under Rodgers and Peyton (higher than Brady, Rapistberger, Brees, and Shaub). He's 2nd in YPA under Peyton. His completion % is an astronomical 70%, tops in the league. It's not like he was playing like a bum or something.

BoneKrusher 11-22-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan (Post 9140518)

:D

ILChief 11-22-2012 07:45 AM

I looked it up and smith has two years left on his deal, so thank god he is not a FA. I doubt SF just cuts him. I hope we don't trade for him with geno sitting there but that move screams Chiefs.

Ace Gunner 11-22-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 9140566)
I am not buying this move. Capernick looks stiff to me. He doesn't pass the eye test in my book. Alex is not real great either but this kid will not get them to the SB. I think they have gone way overboard on where he is.

Oh, I think CK made it clear he can play at this level. That last pass he made into the middle of the field between defenders was impressive. Smooth player.