ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Vermeil on MNF (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267092)

RunKC 11-26-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9155389)
You're a ****ing moron.

Relax slapdick it was sarcasm.

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-26-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9154727)
You can suck off Dick all you want.

I see what you did there.

oh and **** Dick. Maybe as OC in his day.

crazycoffey 11-26-2012 10:12 PM

who have been DV's offensive coordinators, curiosity.

crazycoffey 11-26-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefsos (Post 9155330)
We could play "Can you top this" for a good long while, regarding shit that happened in that game.

LJ's non-block.

Now I'm pissed, too.

sorry, it was my fault. I went to that game....

WhiteWhale 11-26-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9155228)
TOP was probably about the same. Only difference was we scored touchdowns instead of punting/fumbling/throwing picks/the odd field goal on every possession.

KC was always top 3 in TOP when DV was here. We dominated TOP.

Largely because our D gave up TD's in 5 plays or less almost every time the opponent touched the ball.

tk13 11-26-2012 10:35 PM

I love Vermeil, he's one of my favorite coaches in any sport, but he probably gets too emotionally attached to guys to be a GM. Coach is where he belongs... with an intelligent GM making personnel decisions. There aren't many guys who can handle strategy and fundamentals better than him though, even today. Just look at how disorganized we appear on both sides of the ball anymore.

Hammock Parties 11-26-2012 10:38 PM

I like how you call him "coach" you softie. LMAO

FloridaMan88 11-26-2012 10:38 PM

Many of the same dumbshits who still talk smack about Vermeil have squirting orgasms over the likes of Herm, Haley and Romeo.

Chiefspants 11-26-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9155218)
Ya, and the Eagles game we held like a 17 point lead at one point....then lost. The Bills game we could only score 3 point on the road against a 5-11 team. :facepalm:

That Bills game was among Trent's worst games as a Chief.

That said, he was one of the best Chiefs quarterbacks of all time.

Frazod 11-26-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 9155562)
Many of the same dumbshits who still talk smack about Vermeil have squirting orgasms over the likes of Herm, Haley and Romeo.

Yeah, if I ever want a guy to build half a team, he's the first one I'll call, you ****ing tool.

ThaVirus 11-26-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9155145)
It could be argued his last team (2005) was his best team in KC. They were on a fairly nice roll the back half of the season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9155172)
Yes. They might have gone on quite a playoff run that year...part of that 6th seed making a run phenomenon. Didn't Pittsburgh edge us out and then go on to win the Super Bowl that year? I'm not sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9155190)
Yep. Cowhers only SB title. They were 10-6, same as us....one of those odd years where 10 wins wasn't enough for a playoff berth. If only we had beat the Eagles, Cowboys or Bills that season.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9155194)
And IIRC, that Cowboys game was the one where we had the phantom hold in the end zone and then drove down for a FG only to see it get shanked. Now I'm just getting pissed.

Was that the season that we played the Bengals in week 17? LJ went off that game but I think the Steelers were playing the Lions or some bullshit ass team that you knew had no chance of knocking them off.

And the Dallas game LJ had 3 TDs but whiffed on an easy block that lead to an INT or sack/strip fumble or some shit. What was it?

I feel like that was forever ago.

Deberg_1990 11-26-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9155550)
I love Vermeil, he's one of my favorite coaches in any sport, but he probably gets too emotionally attached to guys to be a GM. Coach is where he belongs... with an intelligent GM making personnel decisions. There aren't many guys who can handle strategy and fundamentals better than him though, even today. Just look at how disorganized we appear on both sides of the ball anymore.

About how i feel about him. I loved him as a HC. Shoot me.....we could do alot worse than him and we have obviously. Dude was nails on offensive strategy and fundamentals as you mentioned.

His biggest flaw was stubborn loyalty to coaches and players no matter how flawed they were.

Deberg_1990 11-26-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9155634)
Was that the season that we played the Bengals in week 17? LJ went off that game but I think the Steelers were playing the Lions or some bullshit ass team that you knew had no chance of knocking them off.

And the Dallas game LJ had 3 TDs but whiffed on an easy block that lead to an INT or sack/strip fumble or some shit. What was it?

I feel like that was forever ago.

yes

DaneMcCloud 11-26-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9155665)
About how i feel about him. I loved him as a HC. Shoot me.....we could do alot worse than him and we have obviously. Dude was nails on offensive strategy and fundamentals as you mentioned.

His biggest flaw was stubborn loyalty to coaches and players no matter how flawed they were.

6-10
8-8
13-3
7-9
10-6

No playoff wins.

Wow, what a stud. Great drafts, too. He really left the Chiefs in great shape.

beach tribe 11-26-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9155194)
And IIRC, that Cowboys game was the one where we had the phantom hold in the end zone and then drove down for a FG only to see it get shanked. Now I'm just getting pissed.

Yeah, I'm not even gonna think about that. IIRC, It's also the year when thy wouldn't let T Green audible against Philly and they cam back from 17 down.
We win that game, or the one against Dallas, where Fujita knocked the ball away from Green, and we have a chance at the SB.
Although we would probably end up playing the Colts, and have another punt less game.