ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How much do you think the Chiefs pay Mitch Holthus? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267096)

htismaqe 11-27-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9156126)
He used to do both the K-State and the Chiefs broadcasts.

Yep, never heard him do KSU. Have heard him do Valley hoops and he's really good...

threebag 11-27-2012 08:37 AM

Who would you rather have? Kenny Albert? **** THAT. Keep up the good work Mitch.

WilliamTheIrish 11-27-2012 10:07 AM

Mitch is one of those guys who you meet and he'll remember your name. He's usually very descripitive on his broadcasts. Although I was listenting on the radio last Sunday and he wasn't as sharp as he usally is with set up. Plus he has to carry Len.

I thought K-State was really lucky to go from Mitch to Greg Sharpe on their radio broadcasts from late 80's through late 90's. KSU changed from WIBW broadcasts some other contract and lost Sharpe to the Nebraska Cornhuskers. If Mitch ever moved on I think Greg Sharpe would be great replacement.

I have to listen to a guy named Wyatt Thompson do KSU athletics now. His descriptions include:

(lots of dead air) + describing a tackle "And he's breaking outside!!! and corralled for 2 yard gain". Or "Colin, takes the snap.... (play is unfolding for 3.4-4.0 seconds in silence) .. all of a sudden "He's at the 35 - 40 - breaks into the clear" (So you think Klein is going to run for days). And he's taken down at the 41!!!! Maybe the 41.5 yard line".

We call it "Wyattvision". He describes a kickoff as an "End-over-ender".

Well Wyatt, most of them are you nitwit. He's terrible.

Saulbadguy 11-27-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9156335)
Mitch is one of those guys who you meet and he'll remember your name. He's usually very descripitive on his broadcasts. Although I was listenting on the radio last Sunday and he wasn't as sharp as he usally is with set up. Plus he has to carry Len.

I thought K-State was really lucky to go from Mitch to Greg Sharpe on their radio broadcasts from late 80's through late 90's. KSU changed from WIBW broadcasts some other contract and lost Sharpe to the Nebraska Cornhuskers. If Mitch ever moved on I think Greg Sharpe would be great replacement.

I have to listen to a guy named Wyatt Thompson do KSU athletics now. His descriptions include:

(lots of dead air) + describing a tackle "And he's breaking outside!!! and corralled for 2 yard gain". Or "Colin, takes the snap.... (play is unfolding for 3.4-4.0 seconds in silence) .. all of a sudden "He's at the 35 - 40 - breaks into the clear" (So you think Klein is going to run for days). And he's taken down at the 41!!!! Maybe the 41.5 yard line".

We call it "Wyattvision". He describes a kickoff as an "End-over-ender".

Well Wyatt, most of them are you nitwit. He's terrible.

Between the rings. Moving from left to right. End over ender. Fires....!

I love Wyatt-isms.

KevB 11-27-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9156508)
Between the rings. Moving from left to right. End over ender. Fires....!

I love Wyatt-isms.

The excitement of a 2 yard gain vs. the monotone of a 25 yard gain at times is baffling.

scho63 11-27-2012 12:23 PM

Listening to him and Kendall right now and they spend so much time talking about "positives" like we won the game....JFC guys what the hell are you watching?

Why isn't anyone screaming about Daboll's stupid option pass play in the Red Zone?

These guys are such spinmeisters

InChiefsHeaven 11-27-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 9156650)
Listening to him and Kendall right now and they spend so much time talking about "positives" like we won the game....JFC guys what the hell are you watching?

Why isn't anyone screaming about Daboll's stupid option pass play in the Red Zone?

Dude. Who signs their paychecks? Don't listen if you can't accept that...

bobbything 11-27-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156110)
This.

I agree. He's one of the best in the business. However, the Kingdom show is bad. Excellent play-by-play, not so excellent at hosting a show.

rabblerouser 11-27-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 9156650)

that play in particular is beyond baffling.

It came after Charles was running good and Quinn was being efficient...so Daboll decides to start running Hillis...and throwing with Hillis...

:LOL:

baddiechiefsdiva 11-27-2012 04:51 PM

Some of You all need to back off Mitch. He is a great announcer and very loyal to the chiefs organization. I happen to go to the shows on Monday nights and its honestly like therapy for true chiefs fans. So what if its a little cheesy? We need something to bring us out of all this crap we have been dealing with this season! Like some posted before me, he does remember everyones name that he meets-- and he does remember where they are from, what college team is local, and so on and so forth. I happen to like people like that. I don't know what he gets paid but he is a good guy so don't attack his character.

gblowfish 11-27-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baddiechiefsdiva (Post 9157379)
Some of You all need to back off Mitch. He is a great announcer and very loyal to the chiefs organization. I happen to go to the shows on Monday nights and its honestly like therapy for true chiefs fans. So what if its a little cheesy? We need something to bring us out of all this crap we have been dealing with this season! Like some posted before me, he does remember everyones name that he meets-- and he does remember where they are from, what college team is local, and so on and so forth. I happen to like people like that. I don't know what he gets paid but he is a good guy so don't attack his character.

I like Mitch. But I hate "The Kingdom" show.
It's Pioli propaganda. And it's turd polishing at its finest.

But, if you like going every week, enjoy your cult, and keep drinkin' the red kool aid!

http://i49.tinypic.com/2rr1b0k.png

baddiechiefsdiva 11-27-2012 05:02 PM

Trust me it is NOT Pioli propaganda

gblowfish 11-27-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baddiechiefsdiva (Post 9157425)
Trust me it is NOT Pioli propaganda

Put the hammer down, baby.

baddiechiefsdiva 11-27-2012 05:22 PM

LOL

NJChiefsFan 11-27-2012 05:49 PM

Eh idk. I don't listen to his stuff right now because I can't handle the angle he will be coming from, forced or not. I do know that Looney used to bother me on his podcasts when he didn't understand hate of a certain player. Kid was organized though, I will give him that.