ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Utter sadness in Kansas City (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267271)

lcarus 12-01-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9169856)
I've talked to several people in kc today. Not one of them is sad. What a bunch of ****ing bullshit. Just because some murderer pops himself. We are supposed to feel sadness? I have compassion for the girl. But not one **** was give for belcher. He.sucked.on and off the field.

Yeah I'm not sad.

Hootie 12-01-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

I've talked to several people in kc today. Not one of them is sad. What a bunch of ****ing bullshit. Just because some murderer pops himself. We are supposed to feel sadness? I have compassion for the girl. But not one **** was give for belcher. He.sucked.on and off the field.

yeah, I got a text this morning, popped on to ChiefsPlanet...heard the story

and at no point was I sad about Belcher dying (after I heard what had happened)

if you murder someone in cold blood you don't deserve compassion...I do, however, disagree he took the coward's way out. I think if you murder someone and then you want to take justice into your own hands by off'ing yourself...that's fine, that's your right

RealSNR 12-01-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

I feel pretty bad for Crennel and Pioli. And both of them are apparently going to tough it out and do their jobs tomorrow at a game.

That's about it, though. It's upsetting that I woke up this morning with a high opinion of Jovan Belcher and as soon as I opened up my laptop that honor I put to his name instantly vanished. But I'm over it. I never knew the guy outside of some dude running around a field on Sundays.

Reerun_KC 12-01-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9169884)
I feel pretty bad for Crennel and Pioli. And both of them are apparently going to tough it out and do their jobs tomorrow at a game.

I don't. They have a job to do.. paid millions to do it. Its not like they are sacrificing to defend our.country. **** them. Do your job.

RealSNR 12-01-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9169906)
I don't. They have a job to do.. paid millions to do it. Its not like they are sacrificing to defend our.country. **** them. Do your job.

Developing a deep relationship with an individual over four years only to watch him end his own life after he did an unspeakable act isn't in the job description to earn those millions of dollars

KcMizzou 12-01-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9169906)

Nevermind watching that 25 yr old kid shoot himself in the head the day before.

Reerun_KC 12-01-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9169918)
Nevermind watching that 25 yr old kid shoot himself in the head the day before.

Nevermind watching your buddy get shot in combat.

KcMizzou 12-01-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9169925)
Nevermind watching your buddy get shot in combat.

How do you not understand that these things are so very different?!?!?

JoeyChuckles 12-01-2012 11:03 PM

All of us as Chiefs fans only have a few courses of action after the events today.

We can stay the course, keep on complaining about the team, management, ownership. Everything will return to normal over time. Pick up right where we left off in a few days.

We can let this event divide us further, make us more combative, more hostile towards the team and each other. See it as another step down in the death of a franchise.

We can let this event bring us as fans, as a team, and as a city together. To borrow a phrase, we could "Be the change" that we want to see from the organization.

Which option do you think we'll choose?

Reerun_KC 12-01-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9169929)
How do you not understand that these things are so very different?!?!?

Exactly. Watching a.murderer shot himself is less traumatizing than losing someone with honor.

Rain Man 12-01-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9169884)

That's about it, though. It's upsetting that I woke up this morning with a high opinion of Jovan Belcher and as soon as I opened up my laptop that honor I put to his name instantly vanished. But I'm over it. I never knew the guy outside of some dude running around a field on Sundays.

Yeah, this is kind of how I feel.

I don't care how much money they're paid. Crennel and Pioli went through hell today. I would expect them to be there tomorrow because the rest of the team will be there, and you want to be part of that. But it's got to be tough.

As for Belcher, I can only shake my head. He was a good story of a small-time free agent who earned his way into a starting job. Now...that reputation is gone. It's easy for us to just see these guys as cartoon characters on our screen, and frankly I kind of like it that way. When real life intrudes it's often for bad reasons.

Shogun 12-01-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9169939)
Exactly. Watching a.murderer shot himself is less traumatizing than losing someone with honor.

lol

KcMizzou 12-01-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyChuckles (Post 9169932)
All of us as Chiefs fans only have a few courses of action after the events today.

We can stay the course, keep on complaining about the team, management, ownership. Everything will return to normal over time. Pick up right where we left off in a few days.

We can let this event divide us further, make us more combative, more hostile towards the team and each other. See it as another step down in the death of a franchise.

We can let this event bring us as fans, as a team, and as a city together. To borrow a phrase, we could "Be the change" that we want to see from the organization.

Which option do you think we'll choose?

I think the crowd (what there is of it) will be awesome tomorrow. Going forward... It'll be consistently awesome when the wins start rollin' in.

Still the most passionate fan base in the NFL. We're rabid, give us something to chew on.

Mother****erJones 12-01-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9169667)
He absolutely is talking down to us.

This Belcher tragedy hit this community right in the nuts. I don't know about all of you, but I felt absolutely numb this morning when I heard the news. And I don't even live in Kansas City. For those that do and were planning on going to tomorrow's game, OF COURSE they weren't going to wear black or carry scathing signs. It's common sense. There is no person on planet earth who would deem tomorrow the right time to continue with the anti-Pioli activities.

What does this fat ****er say?

"I expect Kansas City fans to loudly support their hurting team Sunday when the Chiefs host Carolina at Arrowhead Stadium. It should go without saying that I hope there are no airplane flyovers imploring for people to be fired, no fan “blackouts” at the game. The voice of the understandably angry Chiefs fan has been heard and it has been noted. Sunday will be about beginning the healing process and honoring those left behind from this senseless crime. Be a Chiefs fan Sunday. At the core, that’s what you are."

He sounds just like a parent who watched a severe punishment issued on a child and said, "Now, I hope this doesn't happen again, okay?"

**** Williamson.

Agreed with most of this. I live in South Carolina and on my way to work I was just in a Deja Vu kind of daze. Dont even really care win nor lose. Just feel numb and horrible. Im speechless

RealSNR 12-01-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9169939)

Umm... no comment.