ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Computers What do you use for personal email? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267376)

L.A. Chieffan 12-04-2012 09:28 PM

OG AOL

SomeRandomGirl 12-04-2012 09:38 PM

I use hotmail for almost everything, but I refuse to put my hotmail account on any sort of application/resume or important thing. For that I use gmail. For some reason I just feel like hotmail is not a "serious" email. Anyone else feel that way?

ChiefsCountry 12-04-2012 09:42 PM

Have used hotmail since the late 90s as my personal one. Got lucky and have my actual name as it. I use it for my main personal email. I got several gmail accounts I use for registrations and other crap.

DaFace 12-04-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomeRandomGirl (Post 9181527)
I use hotmail for almost everything, but I refuse to put my hotmail account on any sort of application/resume or important thing. For that I use gmail. For some reason I just feel like hotmail is not a "serious" email. Anyone else feel that way?

I have no idea why, but yes. I definitely feel like Gmail is a more respectable provider.

loochy 12-04-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9181369)

Why aren't you sure if I'm serious? I don't have the AOL service and I don't use the web interface. I've just kept that same address. Nowdays I do most of my email through my phone with K9. I've used Outlook on my PC since 2002 when I got it for free from school.

ghak99 12-04-2012 10:12 PM

Started with hotmail as my personal account in the 90s & never had a reason to quit using it.... It being my name has been a huge benefit.

I assume I still have a gmail/yahoo account, but can't remember the last time I used it. I also have a pair of business emails, but run them remotely through my hotmail account 90% of the time.

Hootie 12-04-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomeRandomGirl (Post 9181527)

not sure, how would you feel about going on a date to talk this over?

WV 12-04-2012 10:38 PM

I like my ISP account, but my others are the same except for the extension so it's kind of a wash. If I have to change ISP's though I'll go all in with Gmail. I like it better than Yahoo and never liked Hotmail.

Hootie 12-04-2012 10:39 PM

if I wanted to use Microsoft I'd use live.com rather than hotmail.com anyways.

KcMizzou 12-04-2012 10:40 PM

Gmail. For both personal, and work. Separate accounts.

luv 12-04-2012 10:41 PM

Way back in the day, I had hotmail. That's purely a spam account now. I used yahoo for forever, but it's becoming a mix of actual mail I care about and spam stuff. Currently using gmail.

WV 12-04-2012 10:41 PM

I'm finding having to spell my non name related email more and more frustrating though. It's too much of a pain to create a completely new one.

Hootie 12-04-2012 10:47 PM

yeah I wish I would have ahead of the curve when I was 19 and went with first.lastname@gmail.com instead of mynickname+favoritenumber+birthyear@gmail.com but at this point it would be too much of a hassle to change my email

DaFace 12-04-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9181653)
yeah I wish I would have ahead of the curve when I was 19 and went with first.lastname@gmail.com instead of mynickname+favoritenumber+birthyear@gmail.com but at this point it would be too much of a hassle to change my email

It's definitely nice. I signed up back in the old invite only days and instantly opened accounts with like 5 different names I might like to use just to make sure I had the option. :)

I think I've turned loose of hem all now, but who knows.

AussieChiefsFan 12-04-2012 10:58 PM

Hotmail